[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I become a good/better singer? Anything related to what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 6725_5264.png (938 KB, 1030x700) Image search: [Google]
6725_5264.png
938 KB, 1030x700
How do I become a good/better singer?
Anything related to what I drink, how I breathe etc.? My throat always feel dry when I try to and clearing it doesn't do anything. Is there a way to stop that?

Any tips and Advice would be appreciated.
>>
hennessy and semen
>>
>>63323261
Eat more pussy juice, it's great for the mouth and throat.
>>
>>63323261
it's all about breathing.
if it doesn't feel easy then you're probably doing it wrong like 90% of people do, including most popular singers.
as for how to breathe, the only thing that matters is that you're breathing with your diaphragm and not chest breathing like some fucking ape.
drink water that's hot but not hot enough to burn your insides.
>>
>>63323261
get a teacher

or you can try learning online. go pirate the brett manning singing success course and do the exercises in a car.
>>
>>63323261
Honestly, from what you wrote, it seems like you're not taking singing nearly serious enough.

You become a singer by getting singing lessons. And you become a better singer by working with your vocal coach. Everything short of getting singing lessons (from a reputable coach) is only going to fuck your voice up in the longer run. And not necessarily just for singing, so think about that for a moment.

Sure, I might tell you to drink more water or sth, but that's a fucking meme in comparison to learning a proper self-caring singer's attitude from someone who knows what they are doing.
If under their wing you still find to have some problems (e.g. dry throat), then definitely see a doctor to pinpoint the causes. (e.g. dry throat = possibly dehydration or not enough humidity in the air, but maybe also some allergies that need to be put under medication/lifestyle changes. or maybe even something worse. who knows, /mu/ is not a fucking doctor.

tl;dr
-snap out of the 'I can be a self-taught singer' meme
-find a voice coach
-for further problems see a phoniatrician. (Phoniatrics = an ENT subspecialty focused on the voice) or maybe consult with your family doctor first. w/e.
>>
>>63323413
dont fucking drink hot water lel. drink room temperature water.

>>63323491
don't do online courses.
forming bad beginner habits is even worse than having no habits.

srsly ffs guys bad advice
>>
>>63323261
she eat da poo poo
>>
>>63323573
I just want to sing for fun, not professionally. Though it'd be fun to start a group/duo w/e for fun with someone one day.
Even if I wanted a voice coach I don't know where to find one.

>>63323589
Will keep this in mind, thanks
>>
wow bjork has some nice tiddies
>>
>>63323625
You can get a teacher even if you're singing "just for fun". It's not all about singing professionally.

Just fucking Google "singing lessons + your city name". It's not a big engagement or anything, it's literally just go to some guy's house, he gives you some singing exercises, advice and shit, you pay him and decide if you wanna come back next week or not.

Seriously, that guy is right. No matter how good the advice you get is, getting a vocal coach will always be better.
>>
>>63323625
Sorry if I'm being pushy a bit, it's just that I've been there and I get where you're coming from, and I'd almost brought myself into the situation that my voice problems would be irreversible. Thankfully they weren't, with some vocal rest and proper rehabilitation afterwards.

I was lucky.

People fuck up their voices from bad singing on a regular basis. You can either take it seriously now, or your health will make you take it seriously later.

I would still recommend working in a voice coach into your schedule. Your voice is not a profession your voice is your voice, and, in some capacity, you'll need it for most professions.
>>
>>63323663

I guess, I'll try find the time to check out one and see how it goes.

>>63323767
It's no problem, hanks man. I appreciate it, hopefully I'll get the opportunity to find a voice coach
>>
>>63323261
practice
and
practice scales
>>
>>63323261
>Warm up before singing
>Practice every day
>Learn songs
>Learn harder songs
>Practice until you can nail all the songs you know
>Record yourself singing
>Listen back and note any imperfections / pitch issues
>Go back and practice the parts you weren't happy with until you can nail them consistently.

Rinse and repeat until you're a "good" singer. It takes years. A teacher will help depending on the specific teacher, but mostly its down to your personal drive to improve yourself. Without this, you will never magically become "good" at anything
>>
>>63323261
First, what kind of singer do you want to become? Generally it's the first step I think, find your genre path when it comes to music.
>>
>>63323261
So Bjork likes spaghetti in black squid sauce, a good patrician choice in food.
>>
>>63324062
Im not sure of the exact type, plus I listen to alot of genres. I like singing in other Languages as well as English. My voice is pretty deep so it sucks not being able to hit many high notes.
>>
Learn pranayama techniques for first-rate breath control.
Learn "Open Throat Technique".
Learn to accurately visualize the melody by listening to the song repeatedly before tackling it.
Experiment with your voice by listening to recordings of it and varying your approach.
Apply minimal effort necessary to achieve the intended result.
If it hurts, stop.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.