[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is album art important to you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: bonoboblacksands.jpg (256 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
bonoboblacksands.jpg
256 KB, 1000x1000
Is album art important to you?
>>
File: cover.jpg (259 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
259 KB, 1400x1400
I usually put good album art before other things in my backlog but behind reputation.
>>
>>63321846
Interesting album cover = I'll remember it = I'll check it out to see how it is
>>
I often pick up albums based purely on album art because there just is so much to listen and if a band knows aesthetic and does interesting album covers I believe the actual content could be good. there are of course exceptions, but yeah
>>
>>63321846
yes.
it's important for the band too since they don't use a plain white cover art & "artist name - album name" slapped on it.
>>
no

it was, and I have listened to many a shitty album on the basis that the cover looked cool
>>
File: cover.png (658 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
cover.png
658 KB, 600x600
yes. I tend to avoid listening to certain albums if they have a bad cover art and/or the cover art is not available in a decent quality. furthermore I occasionally rework scans of the cover art, to nearly resemble the original one, in Photoshop in case the cover art is the only thing that incommodes me.
this cover was originally pressed on cardboard, the same used for another record by this band. so I took their previous album, which was an original scan of the artwork, as reference and assambled multiple stock cardboard textures to resemble the texture of one presumably used. in addition to that I matched the contrast and color of the print as seen on the reference.

I spend a lot of time doing this and also this >>63321865 is relevant.
>>
>>63322501
*I probably should add that the top left part represents the final product, and the bottom right was the initial cover art
>>
Not saying Mu-core is great or bad music, but you have to admit that albums such as ITAOTS, Loveless, ITCOTCK, Beefheart etc etc have interesting cover art. It is therefore a factor on at least this website for sure.
>>
the cover of TLOP ruined the album for me
>>
>>63322546
I know personally two people with Skinny Fists tattooed on them for example.
>>
>>63322555
It's by far his worst album cover. Coming from an artist who has an album without even a cover.
>>
>>63322555
That's because you're unironically a philistine

It's chaotic, unpleasing, following the aesthetic of the god damn album.
>>
Artwork is not important here,w ho looks at artwork on the dance floor you know? Only a momma’s boy cares about artwork!
>>
>>63322622
That doesn't mean that it or the album are good. He should have learnt from experimenting in that with Yeezus that for him and his music, it doesn't work..

Mainstream hip-hop is his forte
>>
>>63322665
>>63322622
forgot to say, he isn't Deathgrips
>>
>>63321846
no, but just for the record i fucking LOVE that picture. there is just something about it. and I fucking love Bonobo too. Simon just seems like a fucking awesome dude.
>>
Ya
>>
File: Dream-Theater.jpg (114 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Dream-Theater.jpg
114 KB, 960x960
ofc
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.