[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that people who insist that Loveless perfected shoegaze
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: IMAG0027.jpg (609 KB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0027.jpg
609 KB, 2688x1520
Why is it that people who insist that Loveless perfected shoegaze has barely heard everything the style has to offer?
>>
>>63316120
Because 90% of shoegaze slbums sound the same. The ones that are different aren't as good as Loveless.
Prove me wrong. Post all the shoegaze tracks you can think of that are better than To Here Knows When.
>>
File: cute anime pic 0069.png (121 KB, 354x347) Image search: [Google]
cute anime pic 0069.png
121 KB, 354x347
>Catherine Wheel , Lcd and the search for god, Angelic process the list goes on...

Why do people think the style has much to offer?

I myself do not listen to shoegaze. I am a proud non shoegaze listener.
>>
>>63316231
b8

>>63316188
Off the top of my head:
APTBS - Dead Beat
A Sunny Day in Glasgow - Never Nothing
Sweet Trip - For all the Dancers
Drop Nineteens - Reberrymemberer, people hate this track though, I don't know why. There nothing else like it.
Probably a few Lift to Experience tracks
There's definitely more still, when I can get to a computer maybe I can think of more I like better than To Here Knows When.
>>
ok den
>>
>>63316231
What's wrong with Catherine Wheel dickweeb
>>
>>63316120
Because after you've listened to Loveless, every other shogaze album is a complete fucking let down.
>>
>>63316726
Giving these a listen right now. Lets see.
>>
It's all garbage. I've heard dozens of shoegaze albums and nothing APPROACHES Loveless.
>>
>"the genre has so much to offer"
>it's literally just a bunch of vastly inferior blatant ripoffs of Loveless

Shoegaze was a mistake
>>
>>63316726
>APTBS - Dead Beat
This is just punk rock with a JAMC vibe. The noise isn't even textured in a way that would make it interesting. Do you even Spacemen 3 bruh?

>A Sunny Day In Glasgow - Never Nothing
Come on. This isn't even as good as Cocteau Twins, let alone MBV.

>Sweet Trip - For all the Dancers
This is just IDM with female vocals. The bit at the end is cool, but nothing that puts it above other shoegaze acts. Lilys' Elizabeth Color Wheel is able to impart more emotion with fewer track layers.

>Drop Nineteens - Reberrymemberer,
What's special about this?

None of these tracks come close to To Here Knows When. Do you even understand Loveless? Not trying to sound like a dick, but I don't think you've deconstructed Loveless well enough at this point.
>>
>>63318524
>Do you even understand Loveless?
Hahahahaha holy fuck
>>
>>63318524
>>63316188
you clearly haven't heard the albums astrobrite - pinkshinyultrablast or lovesliescrushing - xyvetyn. also have you listened to lsd and the search for god?
>>
>>63318668
I own LSD&TSFG on vinyl. Snagged one of the last copies, actually.

I've heard Astrobrite's pinkshinyultrablast three times on their bandcamp. It's got that Loomer style wall of sound, but none of it is executed as well as Loveless with regards to the textures and melodies.
>>
>>63318668
lmfao you gotta be joking
>>
>>63318769
I swear this thread is just false flagging for shoegaze fans.
>>
why is shoegaze as interesting as dreampop is trash?
>>
GENRES WHERE THERE IS ONLY ONE GOOD ARTIST/BAND

>Shoegaze (MBV)
>Future garage (Burial)
>Bubblegum bass (Sophie)

What else?
>>
Because all other shoegaze albums are just failed attempts at capturing the Loveless sound.
>>
>>63318851
Rap
Guess who it is
>>
>>63316188
>>63318524
>>63318668
Here

I'm heading to bed. If any of you wanna post shoegaze tracks you think can touch To Here Knows When in terms of quality, go ahead. I'll look up this thread in the archive in the morning.
>>
>>63318882
kanye west
>>63318851
vaporwave (daniel lopatin)
>>
>>63318913
I'm pretty sure the correct answer is death grips
>>
>>63318913
Damn this nigga smart, got it on the first try
>>63318933
Nah that's just a meme, get a fucking (death) grip
>>
>>63318933
no limp bizkit are the best in DG's genre
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.