[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I didn't realize people hated this album.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: personpitch.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
personpitch.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
I didn't realize people hated this album.
>>
they dont.
>>
it's either a bunch of rockists annoyed at how "repetitive" it is or people making reductive appraisals like "it's literally beach boys with more reverb" while ignoring the superb use of sampling in the instrumentals
>>
>>63315622
I don't think that's possible
>>
>>63315622
Its simply a very amazing and experimental album
>>
>>63315740
>>63315795
>>63315797
You would be surprised

>http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/panda_bear/person_pitch/
>>
>>63315842
lol you fucking suck
>>
Who? I know people thaat arent really into it cus its not really there tastes, but i dont know anyone that hates it.
>>
>>63315842
My favorite part is "Carrots". What is yours name friend?
>>
>>63315795
The beach boys comparisons are dumb. The only thing beach boys about it are pandas vocals. Mpp is way more comparable.
>>
>>63315856
Still a small minority. Being considered one of the 500 best albums of all time is pretty impressive.

But honestly, who cares about RYM users. It's useful as a database and going through the lists can be helpful, but the actually ratings are off-base quite a bit. Especially with dance/electronic music.
>>
>>63315936
People are so made on RYM. I wonder why
>>
>borderline experimental production
>nutty trap infused grooves
>slathered in reverb

what is there not to like?
>>
>>63315934
I don't even think he sounds all that much like Brian - the tone is different. Sure the vocal harmonies are influenced by the BB, but you'd be hard-pressed to find a many modern bands/artists who aren't in some way influenced by their vocals or vocal melodies.
>>
>>63315986
Trap? How
>>
>>63315995
Some peole just like to have things to say. The BB comparison is one of those things.
>>
>>63316023
>Some peo[p]le just like to have things to say.

this exactly. never underestimate how much of music criticism is "I have to think of something to say."
>>
>>63315995
Yep, imo pp is a perfect blend of the influenced he listed. Psych + dub, techno, and ambient.
>>
>>63316141
Yeah. I get a lot of Villalobos in how the songs are structured and how they build and I definitely hear Odelay-era Beck in how it was produced (Panda said that album was one of PP's biggest influences). The dubbed out vocals on Good Girl are neat as well.

Boiling it down to Beach Boys worship is pretty lazy imo.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.