[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wow. this sure went to shit quick after track 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: Feels_Cover.jpg (72 KB, 445x445) Image search: [Google]
Feels_Cover.jpg
72 KB, 445x445
Wow. this sure went to shit quick after track 4
>>
so you like all the plebby songs, makes sense
>>
File: lwl.png (306 KB, 593x540) Image search: [Google]
lwl.png
306 KB, 593x540
>>63292527
>im a pleb for not enjoying unlistenable boring garbage
>>
I hate this board
>>
File: 1444252817333.jpg (6 KB, 215x280) Image search: [Google]
1444252817333.jpg
6 KB, 215x280
>>63292503
>>
seriously? banshee heat is probably the best song on the entire album
>>
>>63292675
>boring as a criticism

Dumb weeb kill yourself
>>
>>63292675
>boring as a criticism

Dumb weeb kill yourself
>>
I used to think this my first few listens.

One day Banshee Beat clicked quickly followed by Loch Raven, and now I consider those not only the two best songs on the album but two of AnCo's best ever.

I'm still not crazy about Bees, Daffy Duck, or Turn Into Something, but Banshee and Loch are amazing things.
>>
File: 1414075828261.png (76 KB, 195x195) Image search: [Google]
1414075828261.png
76 KB, 195x195
>he doesn't like banshee beat
>>
>>63292962
Turn Into Something is great, it's fucking Flesh Canoe I can't stand.

Rest of the album is great
>>
>>63293028
Oh man I love Flesh Canoe.

Naked in the mirror of the BATHRooooOOOooOOOMMM
>>
>>63292503
>banshee bat
>loch raven

loch raven is one of the most beautiful songs ever my mano.
>>
File: sn.jpg (69 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
sn.jpg
69 KB, 640x640
>>63292503
Same thing applies to this album if you count the intro track as a full track.
First three tracks + the intro are some fucking nice over the top pop rock.

After that it turns into experimental, and not in a good way, garbage.
>>
>>63292503
I didn't even get that far. Found it boring. If by "goes to shit" you mean becomes abstract noise like their earlier releases maybe I'll give it another try.
>>
>>63292503
banshee beat and turn into something are the best tracks. both are huge payoffs after the slower moments of loch raven and daffee duck.

I'll give it to you though, bees is one of the worst tracks to make it onto an anco album

seriously, if you get bored by side b, just listen to those two tracks.
>>
>>63293054
yes that line is fucking perfect
>>
>>63292675
>getting this triggered by being called a pleb
improve your taste and your temperment pleb
>>
I'm the opposite. The front half - while good - is a little too "indie rock" for me (definitely has that 2005 feel), while the second half is the sort of thing that I really search for with AnCo: slow-building, ethereal, woozy, amorphous.

I find Daffy Duck to be very underrated.
>>
>>63292503
You have to be in the mood for it to really make sense. Banshee Beat is an amazing song. If you think anything Animal Collective has done is shit, you will never be a true patrician.
>>
>>63294250
god forbid an indie rock band play indie rock music...
>>
>>63294394
Honestly, I never really thought of them as indie rock. Covered frequently by the same publications that often hyped up indie rock acts? Sure, but I dunno, I wouldn't put them in the same league as Arcade Fire and the like (at least pre-Feels).

Labels are pretty useless anyway.
>>
>>63292962
>Bees and Daffy Duck will never be recognised for the masterpieces of atmosphere they are
>>
>>63292735
Swimming POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
>>
>>63292962
Bees is fucking phenomenal, I started listening to feels a lot when I heard that they were playing a bunch of songs off it for the painting with tour. Their live performance of bees would have been the highlight of the night if they hadn't done Alvin Row as well
>>
>>63295324
Agreed, though I peed myself a little when Daily Routine started because I'd forgetten they're playing that.

Also Golden Gal was fucking powerful live.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.