[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Best of Dadrock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: Rush_2112[1].jpg (79 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Rush_2112[1].jpg
79 KB, 300x300
ITT: Best of Dadrock
>>
File: MI0001952124.jpg (19 KB, 400x396) Image search: [Google]
MI0001952124.jpg
19 KB, 400x396
>>63283817
Their worst album pre Presto besides s/t
Still pretty good tho
Here's my submission
>>
>>63283817
Literally based on Ayn Rand lmao you simply cannot make this shit up my good sir indubitably
>>
>>63283909
Why do people dislike Ayn Rand so much? She seemed pretty cool.
Is the reflexive meme disgust just from anticapitalists or are people more well read than I imagine?
>>
>>63284136
Objectivism is just retarded and childish. Fountainhead was alright but it just went to shit with Atlas Shrugged.
>>
>>63284136
She's just a retarded version of Max Stirner.
>>
>>63284136
She regularly goes out of her way to criticize things she obviously doesn't understand. She wants so desperately to present a philosophical viewpoint without relating it to the philosophies of smarter writers from before her time, so despite the fact that she outright agrees on a number of premises with Kant and Aristotle, she also directly rejects their conclusions by attacking straw men. Like Nietzsche, she uses shocking words in precisely engineered ways so that it sounds like she's contradicting herself unless you refer specifically to her definitions ("selfishness" being, perhaps, the best example), AND ATTACKS NIETZSCHE FOR DOING THE SAME THING.

Rand is a hypocrite, and her philosophies are used by spoiled, entitled jackasses to justify their entitlement at the expense of those who are least able to bear society's burdens. She wrote poorly, read poorly, and her ethics are abhorrent when taken to any sort of conclusion.
>>
This is a Steely Dan general, yes?
>>
>>63284735
No, this is an incognito /lit/ thread about how Ayn Rand is terrible.
>>
>>63284779
oh my bad then. didn't expect the topic to have changed even though the thread's still so young
>>
>Elder God Tier
Black Sabbath
>God Tier
Deep Purple
Cream
Free
>Great tier
Jethro Tull
Grand Funk Railroad
The Who
>Elevator music tier
Pink Floyd
>>
>>63283817
Definately up there. I saw Rush 3 times. First time was good, Geddy Lees voice is fucked at this point. Vapor Waves tour was nice, but they just wanted to play the new stuff. My brother loves Rush and says their new stuff is good, but I don't love it.
>>
File: 61Ab-td5fbL.jpg (69 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
61Ab-td5fbL.jpg
69 KB, 500x500
>>
I hate Rush so fucking much you don't even fucking understand

Good Dad Rock:
Black Sabbath
Def Leppard
Pink Floyd
CCR
Styx (Elder God tier)
>>
>>63284858
ew free? you are right with black sabbath though
>>
>>63284935
>Styx
>I hate Rush
End it all m8
>>
>>63285090

Geddy Lee's voice is a sin
>>
>>63285034
but why
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH-a1ndCFHA
>>
Sorry OP but King Crimson > Rush

But I will give you Rush > Yes
>>
File: Crime of the Century.png (415 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Crime of the Century.png
415 KB, 500x500
>>
Sly and the Family Stone
Funkadelic

These two are objectively the best dadrock. And by the way Sabbath isn't dadrock, it's real fucking metal.
>>
Paranoid was the only good thing Sabbath ever did
>>
There was a time when I was obsessed with Rush when I was a lonely 18 year old kid trying to find myself. If I look at my last.fm from 2008 I had 1000 plays of Rush.
>>
>>63285301
but Master of Reality is by far their best album
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcYYG2tEjCI
>>
File: image.jpg (338 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
338 KB, 630x630
>>63283817
Great album that gets no love here
>>
>>63284471
So was Nietzsche
>>
File: vomit.png (400 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
vomit.png
400 KB, 640x480
>>63285506
>>
The disproportionate hatred leveled at Ayn Rand is laughable. No one says anything original in criticizing her, just regurgitates the views of their clan-of-choice within their respective echo chamber. It's... deliciously ironic.

And no, I'm not an objectivist, but just as I'm not a pragmatist, nationalist, historicist, Platonist, Aristotelian, Kierkegaardian, existentialist, Wittgensteinian, British empiricist or what-the-fuck-ever, I can still appreciate many of her ideas—many of them are fantastic (and yeah, perhaps not original, but no one is entirely).

Just showing your tribal and preconceived biases
>>
I mean, goddamn, the people who hate her are largely the selfsame people who love Rousseau and Marx, whose ideas were far more immature and inconsistent than Rand's ever were.
>>
>>63284858
>Elder God Tier
Black Sabbath
King Crimson
Pink Floyd
VDGG
>God Tier
The Jimi Hendrix Experience
Yes
>Great tier
Deep Purple
Led Zeppelin
>Elevator music tier
Everything else
>>
>>63285506
You misspelled Vol. 4 there friend
>>
Hemispheres is way better.
2112 is great but Hemispheres is on another plane because of La Villa Strangiato.
>>
>>63285966
That song is too long and bloated with boring riffs. Just constant solos. I would usually skip that song.
>>
>>63285994
It's weird because I'm not even into prog really, the genre that I enjoy most is probably post-hardcore but I love that song and album. The self titled track is still the best in that album though.
>>
>>63285122

I see people complain about his voice all the time, honestly i don't mind it at all.

Is it because of how high pitched it is?
>>
>>63284858
does being a contrarian ever hurt?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.