[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>William Basinski, Tim Hecker, OPN make pretentious electronic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 0004676356_10.jpg (220 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
0004676356_10.jpg
220 KB, 1000x1000
>William Basinski, Tim Hecker, OPN make pretentious electronic music that doesn't push boundaries
>AOTY AOTD GOAT

>Holly Herndon makes pretentious electronic music that doesn't push boundaries
>Wow so bland so pretentious who listens to this?

Is /mu/ sexist?
>>
Platform wasn't a very good album.
Movements was, though.
>>
>>63279039
Read my post...
>>
i thought we liked holly herndon
i dunno i can't really judge, i've only listened to hecker and OPN out of those
hecker's great but OPN is pretty shit
>>
>>63279019
>Is /mu/ sexist?
>Is /mu/ sexist?
>Is /mu/ sexist?

um
>>
Yes.
>>
>>63279052
Not sure what you're implying.
My opinion stands and is valid.
>>
>>63279179
And I already said it you faggot. So why did you even post?
>>
All of those artists are respected on /mu/ as well as Julia Holter and Laurel Halo
>>
File: 81NuyQ6R5nL._SL1000_.jpg (228 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
81NuyQ6R5nL._SL1000_.jpg
228 KB, 1000x1000
oh hey
>>
Basinski - god
OPN - semigod
tim hecker - shit
>>
>>63279213
This doesn't push boundaries but isn't particularly pretentious since it doesn't have a presumption of being "WOAH SUPER EXPERIMENTAL."
>>63279233
Fuckno, they're all shit.
>>
>>63279197
You seem pretty angry lmao
Do opinions trigger you?
>>
>>63279019
>that doesn't push boundaries
even if that were true you have to admit the Herndon album was largely derivative of R+7 just with some pop elements thrown in
>>
all these artist are bad/boring
>>
>>63279019
I enjoy them all
but there are infinitely more experimental artists in music.
>>
but OPN and Tim Hecker are good and Holly Herndon is average
>>
>>63279687
lol
>>
>>63279728
he is right, you know.

btw, if you dont like or appreciate Hecker, you are either trying too hard to be contrarian or you seriously dont know how to feel emotions in music.
simple as that
>>
>>63279919
or youve heard actually decent ambient music
>>
anybody remember that william basinksi twitter account that would just tweet "making tape loops :)" every so often
that was a funny account
>>
>>63279919

no its just boring ambient music

>but m..mmuh feels

just listen to justin bieber or something
>>
>>63279019
But i enjoy Holly Herndon anon
>>
>>63279508
They aren't even remotely similar. I can see the comparison for Chorus, but nothing else. Confirmed for having only listened to the single, faggot.

>>63279039
Movements was the academic experimental music that people stupidly accused platform of being. Idk man, maybe I can see that opinion for someone who really doesn't like pop music or anything similar to pop music.

>>63279088
0PN has gotten really bad

>>63279209
Both shitty imo

>>63279919
Sure, but it also means that you need to be in a mood for hecker. Love streams is the only album of his I can listen to when I'm not feeling up to having a highly moody music experience
>>
>>63280111
Name a better ambient album than Ravedeath or Radio Amor that isn't Stars of the Lid
>>
>>63279019
you better listen to Fatima Al Qadari (or Elysia Crampton) anyway
just sayinnnnn
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.