[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
House.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: GOVE.jpg-large.jpg (58 KB, 964x552) Image search: [Google]
GOVE.jpg-large.jpg
58 KB, 964x552
How do I enjoy House and other electronic genres.
From what I understand, although there are some "classics" and "essentials" the genre isn't conducive to albums like rock and hiphop. So where should I go to hear consistently decent House ect. I know all the big producers and labels have podcasts but that can't be the creme de la creme of the genre. Is there a forum or something for it? Or could you recommend a podcast?
pic unrelated
>>
/mu/ attempting discussion on dance music is the funniest/most pathetic fucking thing, I swear
>>
>>63273129
Can you elaborate? I just want to get into electronic dance music and I'm confused about where to start.
>>
muh essentials
>>
>>63273032
here.
https://www.discogs.com/search/?style_exact=House

>>63273220
You don't want to get into dance music.
You want to know a couple good releases so you can pretend to be "so into house music" or whatever.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=uH2CSe8mn8s
>>
>>63273032

Check out Richard Davis - Details
>>
File: house mastercuts.jpg (88 KB, 599x600) Image search: [Google]
house mastercuts.jpg
88 KB, 599x600
>>63273032
Compilations usually
>>
>>63273986
No, I'm pretty sure he wants to get into dance music, and that's why he made the thread?
I think you're the pathetic one here, mate.
>>
>>63273032
DUDE DEADMAU5 LMAO
>>
EDM and house music are like the girl with Huge tits and a nice ass but no style or substance.
Better not going down that Road OP.
>>
>>63274239
No hes not, you can literally see thats hes a pathetic kid trying to fit in, if you're actually passionate about something you just get into it, you don't ask fellow autists on a shitty forum to spoonfeed you good artists, and you're probable just as autistic for defending him.
>>
>>63273032
Listen to anything from Chicago from the 80s. Like most things on TRAX records from the 80s.
>>
>>63273032
i think 80s chicago house is the best place to start

if you want super entry level stuff then check out the SFUR radio station soundtrack from grand theft auto san andreas, lots of timeless classics on there
>>
File: folder.jpg (128 KB, 590x645) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
128 KB, 590x645
Just listen to this and then everything else by everyone off it. That will be a good start.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.