[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the ape of naples
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
ive heard really good things about this album, and having not heard it yet, I wanted to see what /mu/ thought of it
>>
It's not Coil's best, a bit more accessible than most of their discography but its still a great album. Quite mournful and transitional, I would highly recommend starting there and moving backwards, chronologically.
>>
It's great!
>>
>>63270145
What this guy said sums it up pretty well.
If you liked it, consider listening to their older stuff.
>>
File: cover.jpg (50 KB, 600x595) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
50 KB, 600x595
Listen to this instead.
>>
this is the best coil imo

>>63269450
pretty good
>>
>>63269450
Not very interesting imo. Hated the awful forced lyricism.
>>
>>63272727
define: forced
>>
>>63269450
posre crow
>>
>>63272768
Death is centrifugal
Solar and logical
Decadent and symmetrical
Angels are mathematical
Angels are bestial
Man is the animal
Man is the animal
>>
>>63272824
Come on, this is not even bad considering how awful are the lyrics in the 90% of the songs of this kind of music.
>>
>>63269450
Awful. Don't waste your time.
>>
Really bland poser industrial, just listen to Throbbing Gristle
>>
The album is really good. Some songs will grow on you and other songs may scare you.

Even if you think you'll enjoy it or not, listen to it (better with headphones).
>>
File: Musick1.jpg (105 KB, 600x539) Image search: [Google]
Musick1.jpg
105 KB, 600x539
The Musick To Play In The Dark albums are better and more accessible.
Listen to them instead.
>>
>>63272824
>what is determinism
>>
>>63274367
Doesn't make the lyrics good though
What does solar and decadent mean in relation to death? And how are angels mathematical and bestial? Also, the rhyming pattern is cringey
>>
>>63274790
I'm pretty sure they said "solar and logical" literally because of their "Solar Lodge" from Scatology. I don't see why decadent wouldn't make sense. I just assumed mathematical referred to the angels (or maybe agents of death) to everything in existed being calculated or predetermined. Bestial probably because their apparent lack of humanity. Regardless, I'm just extrapolating on relatively ambiguous terms just because I like making half-assed interpretations of things. whatever idk i was just kinda fucking around
>>
Its not industrial like most of coils other albums. Its more of an avant-garde electronic poseurcore album. Imo its great, one of my favourite albums.
>>
>>63274790
think for yourself
>>
Why is it so hard to come across physical copies of Coil albums?
>>
>>63275060
No reissues
>>
>>63275131
Meant 4
>>63275085
>>
>>63275060
I am thinking for myself, hence why I'm questioning the lyrics...
>>
>angles are mathematical
damn...
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.