[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What bands from this era will people still be listening to 20
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (447 KB, 364x569) Image search: [Google]
image.png
447 KB, 364x569
What bands from this era will people still be listening to 20 years from now?
>>
>>63265439
Death Grips
>>
>>63265439
all of them
>>
BrokenCYDE
>>
File: 763.jpg (44 KB, 621x801) Image search: [Google]
763.jpg
44 KB, 621x801
>>63265439
who is that girl?
>>
>>63265457
nirvana off our times (just ass shit) so prolly
>>
animal collective, arcade fire, vampire weekend, dirty projectors, death grips, kendrick lamar
>>
>>63265473
Shes not even very attractive to my peen, so can we keep it on topic buddy?
>>
>>63265473
is dat some ashley?
>>
>>63265571
yes, i still talk to her regulalry on kik
>>
File: Kendrick-Lamar-.jpg (759 KB, 990x990) Image search: [Google]
Kendrick-Lamar-.jpg
759 KB, 990x990
>>
>>63265463
e-even mine?
>>
>>63265583
Lucky you.

Did she delete her youtube because of the heat she got from that ironic /pol/ video that that black guy reviews?
>>
Animal Collective
>>
>>63265504
>dirty projectors
are they still even hip?
I only remember that one album they had like 7 years ago that crept its way onto the /mu/core chart
>>
>>63265617
she had 3 accounts, the videos that got the heat she deleted promptly after that, but went on for a few months making videos for her small circle of fans (who congregated on 8ch), before she deleted them abruplty last year in the spring. she has only like, 3 videos still uploaded on youtube. she's from colorado btw
>>
the residents will still be around im sure
>>
>>63265692
oh for sure, probably even centuries from now.
most bands that are now revered from decades past will still be listened to in 20 years
velvet underground for sure
>>
>>63265722
idk anon kids today don't even know the beatles, they'll look at bands like vu the way this generation looks at people like frank sinatra
>>
>>63265786
Kids today (And in general) don't have opinions that matter
>>
Honestly most stuff that is highly praised by music fans now will also most likely have an audience in 20+ years.
>>
every band that's made themselves accessible through any means, youtube, private tracker, whatever.
>>
computer generated music will be indistinguishable from humanity's creative output in 20 years so people who want true, untainted human expression will be obsessed over 20th century and early 21st century music for centuries, assuming future generations unite and tackle the looming apocalyptic threat that is global warming.
>>
Radiohead
GY!BE
Death grap mayb?
MF Doom
Kendick
MBV
Sufjan
Smashing Pumpkins
Maybe Ween
>>
5SOS
>>
File: 1454479759946.png (73 KB, 190x214) Image search: [Google]
1454479759946.png
73 KB, 190x214
>>63266036
The fuck is this shit
>>
Surprised no ones said Mac Demarco yet
>>
>>63266222
Because absolutely noone is gonna remember that unoriginal piece of shit in 20 years
>>
>>63266059

>from this era

>Smashing Pumpkins
>Radiohead
>MBV

huh
>>
>>63266036
>computer generated music will be indistinguishable from humanity's creative output in 20 years

false
>>
>>63266610
A couple of AI tracks have already gone unnoticed anon, surely you're aware of this
>>
>>63265439
Like widespread popular, something that even middle schoolers will be interested in (like Nirvana), or something that music buffs will still be listening to?

If it's the former, probably nothing. There aren't any rock bands that have that kind of popularity and pop music always ages like milk.
>>
>>63266745
Yeah A.I can play formulaic shit. Can A.I innovate? I highly doubt it
>>
Drake will be remembered for a long time to come and Kendrick will be looked at like we look at Nas
Vampire Weekend and LCD Soundsystem and Daft Punk will be seen as important bands who helped shape specific sounds
Adele is basically already "adult contemporary" and i have no doubt that future wine moms will listen to her as they pine about the men they could've married but didn't
Blink-182 and Fall Out Boy will be remembered, too
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.