[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Literal 10/10 album. No album has been such a perfect product
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
Literal 10/10 album. No album has been such a perfect product as Toxicity. Needles and X being the low points, both solid 9/10 songs.
>>
If it has two low points, then its not a 10.
>>
You're pretty articulate for a 12 year-old.
>>
>>63255885
Needles made me not want to get into System of a down as a kid
>>
>>63255908
It's low points would be the high points of any other album.
>>
>released on September 4, 2001

el oh lel it couldn't have been released at a better time (possibly the day of but still close enough)
>>
I haven't actually listened to this album since I was 14 or so probably. It's really not that bad, much less offensive than most nu-metal in retrospect.

Though I remember liking their self-titled album the most. This one is better than Mesmerize/Hypnotize
>>
>>63256100
S/t really is their best.
Serj has an incredible voice and Malakian is a pretty creative guitarist. Memes aside, they're pretty great.
>>
>>63256045
>>63256045
It's surprising that it got such critical praise at that time since they are a middle eastern band and Serj looked like Osama Bin Laden at the time and all that jazz.
>>
Needles a 10/10. Bounce and Jet Pilot are low points.
>>
File: R-368580-1312651365.jpeg.jpg (95 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
R-368580-1312651365.jpeg.jpg
95 KB, 600x600
>>63255885
this albums a lot better IMO
>>
>>63256163
Armenia is a Christian country you fucking idiot
>>
Be honest,

How many of you loved nu-metal as a kid? If you were born between 88-96 it's almost inevitable that your early music memories are from whatever nu metal radio station played in your town.
>>
>>63255885
I hate
> "muh armenian genozide" serj
He is so smug and he feels so deep and smart because
>peace amirite guyz
>capitalism stinks like a dick walking through a door
SHUT UP YOU PRETENTIOUS SNOB
>>
>>63256210
You think Americans can tell the difference?
>>
I remember being younger and playing the first 4 songs in a row, then after Jet Pilot ends I would put it back. Nothing against the rest of the album, I just thought it was an excellent start and I still occasionally play it in the car. 10/10 though I agree
>>
>>63256045
It was the top selling record during 9/11, so I heard.
>>
>>63256247
I did. I don't really think SOAD is nu-metal tho. Is it? What are the things that makes something nu-metal? SOAD isn't really edgy like Disturbed, and it's not really depressing and "dark" like Korn and Manson. Its more political and musically a lot more clean and sharp than what I would call nu-metal. SOAD is more like heavy groove metal with like White/Rob Zombie. I don't know. It doesn't really fit in with any particular genre conventions of the time. Maybe that's why they are so fondly remembered. If it is nu-metal, SOAD is the champagne of nu-metal.
>>
>>63256247

i'm 24 and i'm finally growing out of it
>>
>>63255885
>not liking needles
>>
>>63256489
Bush getting re elected broke Serj.
>>
>>63256635

just another name for alternative metal i think
>>
SOAD were better than everyone else, that's for sure. The paparoaches, the POD's and the Alien Ant Farms.
Still...only due to nostalgia glasses i can still enjoy their music.
>>
>>63255885
First concert I went to was when this dropped and POD opened up for them. I was on the side stage shit was crazy.

I used to see John around here alot but not that much anymore.
>>
I GOT MAH CRACK MAH SMACK MAH BITCH RIGHT HEER IN HOLYWOOOOOOAAD
>>
Listened to this for the first time today without even knowing of this post, I liked it. 7/10.
>>
>>63256489
go to sleep Daron
>>
siamese dream is a perfect album
>>
File: 1424649491793.png (36 KB, 498x500) Image search: [Google]
1424649491793.png
36 KB, 498x500
total trash 0/10 fuck off
>>
oh god I still love this band so much it's ridiculous
kill me
>>
File: serj.png (875 KB, 1080x1224) Image search: [Google]
serj.png
875 KB, 1080x1224
>>63256497
>>
>>63258532
Drug money is used to rig elections and train brutal corporate sponsored dictators around the world.
>>
SOAD is the Mr. Bungle of our generation.
>>
>>63259238
I loled at this for some reason Serj is a funny faceman
>>
>>63256635

I would say that they are just straight up alternative metal.. Along the lines of bands like Deftones, Helmet, and Chevelle. While they could be similar to nu-metal, I think that the smartness of the lyrics, and complexity of the music itself make them stand out from the typical nu-metal sound (stuff like Linkin Park, Mudvayne, etc.).
>>
>>63262964
I...
Agree.
>>
>>63256182
this
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.