[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should I listen to next?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: zappa460.jpg (23 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
zappa460.jpg
23 KB, 460x276
I listened to Hot Rats and Weasels Ripped my Flesh and liked both, are there any more jazzy, avant-prog romf Zappa? (or any other artist)
>>
>>63254844
how did i write from as "romf" wtf
>>
File: 1455796138927.png (579 KB, 571x563) Image search: [Google]
1455796138927.png
579 KB, 571x563
Uncle Meat
>>
File: 1438383670804.png (601 KB, 499x647) Image search: [Google]
1438383670804.png
601 KB, 499x647
>>63254844
Lumpy Gravy
it's the GOAT
>>
>>63254844
I greatly enjoyed One Size Fits All. It's jazzy, but probably not as avant-garde as his other early jazz-rock works
>>
>>63254844
Try Lumpy Gravy, it's more classical sound collage stuff but still really cool. Honestly just check out everything from Freakout to Apostrophe, he has lots more good albums after that as well but that's his most essential period. Also make sure to listen to Shut Up and Play Yer Guitar, really shows off how great of a musician he was.
>>
>>63254844
Wakka/Jawaka is very good. Very informed by what was going on in fusion at the time with some damn cool arrangements. A lot of the looser sections lose the problem that Zappa sometimes had with jazz and music in general in that he stifled the individuality of his players. It seems to be a much more democratic atmosphere that Zappa doesn't dominate as per his usual mo.
>>
Try Uncle Meat
>>
>>63254844
Freak Out!, We're Only In It for The Money and Absolutely Free
>>
>>63254869
This and Burnt Weeny Sandwich
>>
>>63254844
jazzy zappa is worst zappa
listen to his early albums chronologically
>>
Listen to the following Zappa albums:
Uncle Meat
Burnt Weeny Sandwich
Waka/Jawaka
The Grand Wazoo
Lumpy Gravy
We're Only In It For The Money

Also, from other artists, check out:
Magma - Udu Wudu
Mr Bungle - Disco Volante
Tipographica - God Says I Cant Dance
>>
OP here, thanks for all the recommendations guys
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.