[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cool album but holy shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
'European Son' is literally the worst song I've heard in my entire existence. It was like a group of edgy wannabe 12 year olds raided Guitar Center and rushed back to their garage and started banging their half tuned instruments in their worst attempt possible.

I had to stop it half way through, because, being completely honest here, it was giving me a fucking headache off of how fucking bad it was.
I shiver every time I think of clicking play again on that fucking song.

*shivers* ugghh shiiiiet
>>
shitpost
>>
This album's in my top 5 but that song does get pretty boring
>>
It's 'The Velvet Underground & Nico' by 'The Velvet Underground & Nico'

If you are confused here. I just realized the image doesn't help much as to inform what album it is.
>>
>>63252631
thoughts on black angel death song?

personally i kind of like european son, way more than some other tracks (unpopular opinion, but i hate i'll be your mirror with a passion)
>>
>>63252631
that usually happens when youre a pleb
>>
European Son is a great noise-rock song.

You just don't get it m8
>>
Can someone clarify the 2nd and 3rd tracks for me please?
Scenario 1) he's waiting for his man/drug dealer, the drug dealer comes and turns out to be a woman
Scenario 2) in track 2 he says he's feeling good at the end, which means he got the drugs from this man, so then he leaves the drug dealers place and meets this unrelated woman
>>
>>63254902
songs are separate vignettes that are similar in content, and related due to the fact that they all take place in nyc
>>
File: IMG_0992.jpg (331 KB, 1565x1607) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0992.jpg
331 KB, 1565x1607
europeanson.bandcamp.com

lol smoke weed
im so good
>>
European Son is great but I like sheer expressions of dissonance.
>>
>>63255062
I could have sworn it was accepted that it's one cohesive tale about a man waking up having withdrawals on sunday, meeting his drug dealer, having his unhealthy relationship with the dealer portrayed as bdsm, seeing the effects of heroin on others in the area (Run Run Run), watching a hooker, being told he's not worthless by either his dealer or a lover (Mirror), and them eventually overdosing in the final songs
>>
>>63255339
I could swear otherwise. I spent a summer reading books compiling essays about the VU and interviews with the members.
>>
We're going to hate on European Son, but not Femme Fatale?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.