[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Mac Demarco?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: index.jpg (4 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4 KB, 160x160
>>
some good songs but his albums arent consistent
>>
He peaked at 2 but I still like him
>>
I love the goofball but he's seriously due for a new direction with his sound.
>>
I like him. I hope he spends more time on his next album though.
>>
i really like him, but most of his music does sound very similar

thats why rock and roll nightclub is my favorite album of his.
>>
2 was his best album
hope he doesnt join the 27 club
>>
>>63245665
forgot to add, im going to see him live in may, should be fun
>>
>>63245699
seen him live before, it was a great show. it was on halloween, so his whole band was in costume; he was dressed like a nun. i loved it but he has an utterly shit fanbase.
>>
>>63245578
I like him.
I've seen him live 3 times already. It's always fun.
>>
>>63245720
>>63245721
cant wait then
>>
>>63245578
good music, gets old fast and shit fanbase
>>
what is mac's best track?

im thinking european vegas
>>
>>63245687
why does everyone feel this way?
>>
>>63245745
he allegedly loves drinking and partying, and his "goofball" persona could be a front for depression
>>
best
>>
>>63245835
people gossip about him all the time dude
one day he's on heroin and the next he's banging underage girls.
>>
Hate the guys face
>>
File: Mac-DeMarco---big1.jpg (36 KB, 460x380) Image search: [Google]
Mac-DeMarco---big1.jpg
36 KB, 460x380
>>63245877
hes qt tho
>>
relaxing, summery vibes

Another One was kinda disappointing though, sounds exactly like Salad and 2 except just worse
>>
>>63245578
pretty cool. I went to one of his shows which was probably one of the worst decisions i've ever made. his fanbase is horrible
>>
>>63245743
movin' like miiike
>>
He likes sticking drumsticks up his bum while singing U2 covers
>>
>>63246949
who doesnt
>>
File: Cover.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1200
Listening to Another One right now, it's good and relaxing
>>
Can anyone recommend summery music like macs?
>>
>>63247108
NEVER BELIEEEEEVEEEE IN A HEAAAART LIKE HEERRRSSSSS AGAAAAAAAAAIN
>>
>>63247172
real estate
>>
his gf has big boobs
>>
File: images[1].jpg (10 KB, 273x184) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
10 KB, 273x184
>>
>>63245720
>>63246903
Whats wrong with his fanbase? Is this just your way of putting yourself above the "average fan" of his music?

Yeah, youre not like the other ones anons. You guys are different. Cool.
>>
>>63248283
No you guys are legit cancer
I saw him live also. you fuckers I kid you not started a mosh pit over ode to viceroy and chamber of reflection
whole concert was like being in a jackass skit. shit has not been the same since Odd future fanboys started liking him,
>>
>>63248283
>trying to dress like him
>trying to mimic his personality
>smoking viceroys
>all of this while being underage, not having the confidence nor a lifestyle to pull it off
Yeah his fanbase (not all of it, just the few who do the above) is a cringefest.
>>
File: dmarcroy.jpg (33 KB, 354x354) Image search: [Google]
dmarcroy.jpg
33 KB, 354x354
>>63250176
I gotta admit, I tried Viceroys after listening to him singing about them and I don't get why he smokes them. Shitty cigs, so after that pack I went straight back to good ol' Canadian Classics.

Some of his songs are pretty good but I'd have to agree with the the general consensus of album inconsistency.

Never seen him live, but he's on my list of artists to see. Too much hype built up around it not to check out
>>
Hope he comes out with a new album soon.
>>
I love his work, but I agree that it seems about time that he starts to experiment more with his sound.

I think what happened was Captured Tracks basically have him deadlines for the next albums after 2, and we got two more releases of essentially the same stuff.

He has more time with this next record it looks like and he's a fantastic songwriter so I have no doubt he'll start putting out different sounding stuff
>>
>>63250308
he only smoked viceroys because he was poor as shit
said that in a interview. he even laughs at the dumb kids who buy them
>>
>>63245743
my fav is goodbye weekend
>>
>>63245594
>his albums arent consistent
Almost every song sounds the same. His biggest problem is that he's too consistent.
>>
I've been listening to Ode to Viceroy lately, it's a pretty good song

Is he actually good or just a meme?
>>
File: Boris.jpg (210 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Boris.jpg
210 KB, 600x600
>>63251010
So you just listen to one song over and over instead of just listening to a whole album and deciding if you like him or not? And you think it's easier to just as a taiwanese anime board to choose your opinion for you.
>>
>>63250477
maybe prices are different where he was, but where I am they're in the high/mid range of prices
>>
>>63248236
proof
>>
Another One >>>>>>>>> everything else
>>
>>63248250
BENIS
>>
His music doesn't have that much variation but I love it all the same.
>>
>>63251764
Youre not wrong
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.