[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
College
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Hey, guys. I've never been let down from 4chan when I really need some advice. I'm a senior in high school and I want to go into music in college, but I'm not sure what degree to look for or which college I should go to. I want to just compose music for films, video games, and even concert bands/orchestras. So, my question to you is what degree should I look into getting.
>>
>>63238632
First things first don't do a degree for that you silly cunt and teach yourself you absolute batty boy
>>
How do I start on doing that
>>
>>63238632
>spending $20k+ to get a shit degree for a shit job

Music is literally one of the worst degrees to get.
>>
my violin teacher of 10 or so years gave me some advice that you may find useful
don't study music in college unless there is LITERALLY NOTHING ELSE you would want to do.
so if you can imagine yourself doing something else, do it and do your music on the side, but do it a lot.
>>
>>63238632
As someone who did the college music thing for a couple years, don't.
>>
>>63238632
>music theory
>>dozens of fantastic online resources
>music history
>>dozens of fantastic online resources
>classes dedicated to learning an instrument
>>l2selfteach

no reason at all to major in music.
>>
>>63238632
What powers does Captain Underpants have again?
>>
>>63238684
google
>>
>>63238632
there's a lot of variance in what you get with a music degree it seems

like in the UK if you go to Cambridge or something and do music you're going to get an academic subject with little to do with the actual composition

whereas I know for example James Blake got a degree in Popular Music from Goldsmiths before going into music, which sounds much more productive

basically you want to go to some music college with a good reputation. Or choose an easier career maybe idk
>>
>>63240036
none, he was just the hypnotized principal of their school in his underwear
>>
>>63238632
I saw this meme on my FB newsfeed. Forreal bro
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.