[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did disco failed us? Or did we failed disco?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 600x600.jpg (32 KB, 600x426) Image search: [Google]
600x600.jpg
32 KB, 600x426
Did disco failed us? Or did we failed disco?
>>
>>63235957
A little bit of both. At the time disco was sort of the wrong direction for music, punk and new wave were the things that were paving the way for the future. In retrospect however there was a lot to be missed by dismissing disco originally.
>>
some original disco wasn't that bad.... im not even gay
>>
>>63236013
Disco was the right direction, rock should have ended there and then, it was all shit after Krautrock.
>>
>>63236031
Theres a lot of good stuff, Grace Jones, Giorgio Moroder, Chic

>>63236049
fuck off
>>
>>63236073
truth hurt bb
>>
>>63236049
I only start liking rock music from Krautrock onwards, the rest was derivative blues junk
>>
>>63236093
I remember when I was super into krautrock for a year and it seemed like nothing could compare to it too. Truth is, every decade has had some excellent rock groups.
>>
>>63236111
So you're a pleb, good for you
>>
What's the relationship between disco and house? How did house evolve from disco?
>>
Disco hate was from a racist and homophobic society as well as rockist
>>
>>63236137
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_music#Origins_.281980s.29
>>
>>63236137
Listen to Giorgio Moroder- From Here To Eternity then you tell me. Also listen to Grace Jone's Portfolio.
>>
>>63236137
Disco was live performing and singing.
House was the same music played back on records in continuous sets.
>>
>>63236146
go back to rym forums
>>
>>63236146
pretty much this, all white america's fault
>>
I actually wish to live in a place with less club culture etc. It's plain stupid.
>>
>>63236221
disco was that too
>>
why is nobody able to come up with a musical reason as to why disco didn't suck? it's always racist this, homophobic that, disco fans really aren't helping their case
>>
>>63237697
It was more the culture around it, the way everyone dressed at discos etc. Also a lot of disco was really weak, see The Village People for one stand out example, and that gave it a bad name- basically the equivalent of modern dance pop. The disco that was good was really good though.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.