[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Goodnight, sweet prince
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5
File: Emerson_moog.jpg (139 KB, 661x528) Image search: [Google]
Emerson_moog.jpg
139 KB, 661x528
Goodnight, sweet prince
>>
oh he actually died

Keith Emerson's flying piano never forget
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSm5IQFaTZA
>>
FUCK! I thought you assholes were bullshitting. I saw ELP years ago with Cosie Powell on drums. Badass. Emerson was a monster destroying an old moog up on stage with two Bowie knives.

I haz a sad.
>>
ELP was shit tho.
>>
>>63234984
one of the worst big name prog bands, but they had their moments
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLS0Med0s6E
>>
>>63234921
some publications are saying law enforcement told them his girlfriend found him with a single gunshot wound to the head. rolling stone even reported this.

Keith Emerson may have killed himself at 71.
>>
dude steve irwin has been dead for years
>>
>>63235141
That's depressing. Thinking you'll have you life figured out when you're that old but you can't take it anymore
>>
>>63235141
just from recent google results, i'm gathering that he developed a nerve disease that left him without control of most of his fingers. It says he's been deeply depressed since..
>>
>>63235141
Bullshit. Courtney killed him.
>>
>>63235141
Nerve degeneration in his hand. Couldn't play keyboard any more. Damn shame
>>
>>63235030
Yeah this is pretty great.
>>
>>63235141
NO
NO
NO
NO
FUCK
>>
>>63235141
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89g1P_J40JA
MODS PLEASE PLAY THIS, JUST FOR TODAY
>>
>>63235439
anon pls, i cant do this
>A bullet had found him, the blood ran as he died, no money could save him, so he laid down and he died
>>
FUCK is that kurt cobain ?
>>
Sticky this shit, Mods
>>
He must've gotten a pretty fucked medical diagnosis, no one just kills them self at 71. Either that or some serious mental issues
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKNOlDtZluU
RIP Kieth. I enjoyed your stage antics and your keyboard wizardry.

I'll bump Tarkus till the day I die nigga.

Also mods pls sticky
>>
>scott weiland gets a sticky
>the god of keyboard doesn't
seriously?
>>
>>63235690
>Because he's not Rick Wakeman
>>
>>63235690
Scott Weiland didn't deserve a sticky.Keith does but his music isn't nearly popular enough on this board for him to get a sticky, theres been like 4 threads about his death and only one has reached over 100 replies, and that one and the other two have fallen to the bottom of the catalog already
>>
>>63234921
Who? This asshole hasn't been relevant in facades. No one cares about his lame music and his organ playing. He will be soon forgotten like every prog rock cunt that dies. This isn't Mccartney,Jagger,Townsend,Page,Dylan,or Elton John dying. No one gives a fuck. Probably blew his brains out because he realized no one cares about his music anymore and only 5 people show up to watch your solo shit. Will Trend for an hour and then will be over. Move on.
>>
>>63235751
You seem like a good guy
>>
>>63235751
Edgy
>>
Who?
>>
File: 1404798952269.jpg (11 KB, 300x179) Image search: [Google]
1404798952269.jpg
11 KB, 300x179
>>63235751
>Townsed
Why would Devin Townsend be dying anytime soon?
>>
>>63235773
what?
>>
>>63235214
REMINDER: Never put all of your eggs in one basket
>>
>>63235808
where?
>>
>>63235836
when?
>>
>>63235862
why?
>>
File: Kornheiser_Why.jpg (21 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
Kornheiser_Why.jpg
21 KB, 288x499
>>63235862
>>
>>63235862
wh-CCCOMBBBOOO BREAKER
>>
>>63235751
Kind of agree. I mean He was good in The Nice, but Emerson Lake and Palmer are pretty overrated. You didn't need to add the edgy stuff though.
>>
>>63235774
okay but seriously don't even fucking joke about that. Like. just. don't.
>>
>>63235751
You've obviously never fucking listened to ELPs music if that's what your arguing. Their influence transcends just prog. One could argue that they single-handedly, unintentionally, fueled the Punk Rock Revolution. Not only that, but his influence and playing style can be seen in countless keyboardist a today, and since ELPs rise to fame. He's not just another musician who's died. His influence is visible, and he is more relevant than glass-lickers like you would understand.
>>
>>63235994
also bait
>>
ELP was overall kinda bad, but Emerson's playing saved a lot of songs.
>>
>>63236124
bait
>>
>>63236216

It really is, though. Everything after Brain Salad Surgery is kinda terrible.
>>
>>63236245
almost nobody loves what came after Brain Salad Surgery. Overall yeah, they're bad. But the first 4 albums are GOAT
>>
this man needs a fucking sticky. his love for music became a need, and his body ran out from under him. piano and keys were his world. the dude was one of the first synth lords. without that he took his own life. he was devoted to his contribution.

hendrix was even playing with ELP in the final months before his passing. rumour was that they were forming 'HELP groundbreaking group.
>>
>>63235774
extreme lack of talent
>>
>>63235751
>Probably blew his brains out because he realized no one cares about his music anymore
>Probably blew his brains out
anon...
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7133074/keith-emerson-death-suicide-investigation
>>
File: 1457539037482.png (242 KB, 550x663) Image search: [Google]
1457539037482.png
242 KB, 550x663
Mods rarely sticky deaths unless the musician is really relevant.

See: Coleman, Ravi Shankar, Brubeck, Martin, Paco de Lucia, Boulez. All great people with notable contributions to the music industry, but if they aren't widely discussed on /mu/ the mods won't care. Lemmy and Weiland were rare cases.
>>
>>63236769
why are /mu/'s mods such plebs?
>>
>>63235673
Came here for Tarkus, glad you didn't disappoint anon.
ELP were inconsistent, but Tarkus is a fantastic song.
>>
>>63236769
Jon Lord and Gary Moore both barely got about 5 or 6 mentions here when they died.
>>
Goodnight, talentless hack.
>>
File: meme arrows.jpg (62 KB, 525x557) Image search: [Google]
meme arrows.jpg
62 KB, 525x557
>>63237261
>>
RIP you beautiful man
>>
>>63235774
he obviously has cancer, look at his hair
>>
I'm literally fucking crying right now
He and Kraftwerk are the reason I started playing keyboards
>>
I heard he died on the news a few hours ago but they didn't say anything about a gunshot wound or anything, it sounded like natural causes. It's sad thinking about people being so in love with something (apparently in this case he couldn't play keyboards anymore) that they would kill themselves, even at such a high age.
>>
>>63236245
Eh I think Works is a great album it's just really different from their other stuff.

Regardless to say Pirates isn't one of their best songs is just crazy. It's fucking awesome and it carries on the same spirit that Tarkus and Karn Evil 9 had.

Black Moon the song is also pretty decent. ELP had always been extremely inconsistent. Their average song was nothing special, but their best songs are easily some of the best in the whole genre. You can tell that was how they designed it too though. Songs like Tarkus were clearly the focus with the rest just padding out the album.
>>
>>63236769
if threads are 404'ing after 20 minutes from so many replies it makes sense but if they are lasting a couple days then its not necessary
>>
>>63240014
I'd figure it's more out of Tribute. BB King got a sticky and he wasn't talked about nearly as much here.
>>
>>63235735
that snape guy died a couple months ago
>>
>>63235634
actually its pretty common
>>
>>63234921
ELP was too self-indulgent.
>>
>>63240538
>implying that's a bad thing
>>
I liked some of his stuff but I think it would have been cool if he made some more clean piano music later in his career.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.