[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone combine the Boris & Merzbow discs yet for this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Gensho.png (710 KB, 660x660) Image search: [Google]
Gensho.png
710 KB, 660x660
Did anyone combine the Boris & Merzbow discs yet for this?
>>
>>63232908
this isnt out yet
>>
>>63233001

It leaked. It's on what.cd & rutracker if you're curious, but two separate discs (one with just Boris and the other with just Merzbow). The discs are meant to be played at the same time like that Flaming Lips album but I was wondering if someone who knows what they're doing has combined digitally yet (and ideally track separated by the Boris songs).
>>
File: IMG_1514.jpg (86 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1514.jpg
86 KB, 399x388
>>63233049
>like that Flaming Lips album

Boris has done this before. Dronevil is underrated Boris and reminds me of thunderstorms.

Listen to it.
>>
>>63232908
You know you can combine them yourself on Audacity right?
>>
>>63233165

Of course I am aware. I have that album, with a third 'disc' of the two combined, like what I was requesting. I was just using that as the easiest reference point to explain because Dronevil is a somewhat obscure Boris album.
>>
>>63233195

I wanted to save myself some time by asking here first. Also, I'm at work right now.
>>
>>63233345
>save myself some time by asking here first

It'd take less time to do it yourself.
>>
>>63233426

>It'd take less time to do it yourself.

Not really
>>
>>63233531
It's been 30 min since the thread started. If you started mixing it at the same time you'd be done by now.
>>
File: R-335521-1157559750.jpeg.jpg (16 KB, 554x534) Image search: [Google]
R-335521-1157559750.jpeg.jpg
16 KB, 554x534
>>63233165
LOL yeah let's start an argument about who did this first because it definitely wasn't boris
>>
>>63233564

As I said, I'm at work. Also-

>install audacity
>install LAME mp3 codec
>align all boris songs on one track
>align all merzbow songs on a separate track
>mix to an ideal level
>seperate into different files by boris track
>export as mp3
>tag properly

vs.

>download from mega
>extract rar archive

???

how is that quicker? i can't tell if you're just giving me a hard time or you actually believe this.
>>
>>63233656
Asking for the mega link is taking a longer time than installing all that. If you started to mix it 40min ago, you'd be done by now.

Also
>not already having Audacity and LAME installed

Pleb
>>
>>63233884

>I'm at work
>I'm at work
>I'm at work

Jesus Christ, forget it dude. I ask now, I can simply download later and do other shit in the meantime. You are incredibly thick.

>Pleb

I haven't had any use for Audacity since I worked at a college radio station three years ago.
>>
>>63233971
>shitposting on 4chan from work
>>
Im pretty sure the point of this is that you can mix the tracks however you want, so you can have your own unique experience (Gensho)
a combined version would just defeat the purpose
>>
>>63232908
I did.

https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S63145660#p63163734
>>
>>63234491

Thank you!
>>
OP here,

I also found a version someone uploaded to the what.cd comments with the Merzbow disc @ -4dB:

https://mega.nz/#!Hl5y1Ahb!r1EuWnS0xL99xMp6Gh10CWlT8-BOy95K4WVTsU3wdOw

Nothing with separate tracks at the moment but I will look a bit harder later today.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.