[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /mu/ remember all the albums they have listened to,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
How does /mu/ remember all the albums they have listened to, and remember if they liked it or not? Do you keep like some kind of log or journal? Maybe just download the things you really liked, but how do you remember if you should return to it or not?
>>
My brain tends to remember things for me.
>>
>>63230445
Everyone is able to answer the question "have you listened to bandname - albumname?" with a simple yes or no. We just remember stuff like that. But remembering what the actual album sounds like differs for a lot of people.
>>
File: r454er.png (160 KB, 250x355) Image search: [Google]
r454er.png
160 KB, 250x355
>>63230496
even if you listen to more than 2 new albums a day? I doubt that.
>>
>>63230531
Basically this
It depends on the albums but most albums I return to more than once I remember with some amount of detail

>>63230445
Also OP I use RYM to catalog what I've listened to and how much I enjoyed it at the time
>>
>this newfag doesn't know what RYM is yet
>>
>>63230445
Just because you can listen to everything doesn't mean you should
>>
RYM famalino
>>
>>63230570
you're right, I should just stick to the same five albums that get posted every day.
>>
>>63230445
I just think back to how it sounded and what i thought of it the last time i gave it a few listens. Then i might put it on to see if i still like it. If i still like it it must be good.
>>
>>63230445
I use RYM, in addition to keeping a personal log of my ratings for albums I'be listened to.
>>
>>63230603
You'll remember them then.
>>
i have a notepad file i write all of them in
>>
rym
vinyl
lastfm
it's not hard
>>
>>63230812
so i'm not alone in doing this
>>
>>63230812
>>63230920
thats fucking literally what RYM is for
>>
>>63230445
>How does /mu/ remember all the albums they have listened
I dont remember eveyr single album I listened to, but I remember how I discovered 95% of every single artist I have at least a song on my pc, the ones I downloded the entire discography but didnt liked.

I most of the time I remember with extreme detail how I got into them.

I once made a test and tried to remember how I got into every single artist on my pc, and I was able to do it for 95%+ of them.
>>
>>63232098
>I once made a test and tried to remember how I got into every single artist on my pc, and I was able to do it for 95%+ of them.
that sounds.... like a waste of time
>>
File: Robinson.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
Robinson.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
I write down the name of every album I listen to more than once in a notebook and sometimes I put stars next to ones I enjoyed very much
>>
Music kind of fucks with my memory, I can barely remember half the songs once I'm done with an album. Really,truly takes multiple listens to really get all the value from an album or truly understand it
>>
>>63230445
I usually only remember the things I like and the things I dislike (it must be interesting in some way). If it's just alright, I'll forget about it until it's bright to again.
>>
RYM
>>
>>63232316
why is your handwriting so huge
>>
>>63232417
I don't usually write that big I ended up writing like that for this notebook and am not really sure why
>>
were in an era where you can no longer be a music connoisseur or historian because you cant possibly know or remember the volume of shit that exists now, this is the twilight zone were entering, that's why people really so much on reviewers to do the work to see if somethings worth listening or not, and unfortunately all of the reviewers have been cucked by post modernity/moral relativism, that is why someone like Kenya west can be so widely revered, im black, no racial
>>
File: 1332351317810.png (461 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1332351317810.png
461 KB, 640x480
Everything I've listened to I put on this big ass playlist. Everything towards the top of this playlist is ordered in a way as to when I would like to get to it, all else in random order. All of this is stuff I would like to focus on eventually. Obviously I can't remember everything, so if there's something I really like (aside revisiting it later on when I remember it), I throw it to the top area of my playlist.
>>
I listen to music fucking CONSTANTLY so almost every memory I have is tied to music, I'll listen to an album a few times and it will just kind of glaze over me

but when I'm in the perfect mood for said album and I'm paying attention it just clicks, I remember exactly what thoughts i'm having, exactly what temperature it was, and exactly what I was doing

so I use music to keep track of my memories rather than memories to keep track of my music
>>
>>63232614
you put too much effort and value in pleasure receptors, help out your fellow man, you sound like a pretentious neet bud aha im somewhat kidding
>>
>>63232608
relying on reviewers isn't a good idea since everyone has their own tastes/biases. the only way to form an opinion on music is just to listen to it yourself especially if you want to be a "connoisseur"
>>
>>63232316
Autism
>>
>>63232713
You're right bud, tell all these AOTY cucks who feed on published adjudication
>>
>>63232664
i'm having a hard to deciphering this

are you trying to say that i'm trying too hard to be happy and that I should use a different method (to help out your fellow man what???)

>you sound like a pretentious neet
what? why?

i'm not being antagonistic im just very confused
>>
File: url-2 copy.jpg (12 KB, 191x264) Image search: [Google]
url-2 copy.jpg
12 KB, 191x264
>>63230445
>>
>>63230542
What the fuck. Are you retarded? Of corse it does.
>>
>>63231005
fuck rym
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.