[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I used to think this band was overrated indie nonsense with no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Strawberry_jam_high_res_cover.jpg (83 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Strawberry_jam_high_res_cover.jpg
83 KB, 500x500
I used to think this band was overrated indie nonsense with no good albums. I was wrong. They're overrated indie nonsense with one great album (pic related). Discuss.
>>
i had that exact opinion anon
just listen to MPP more times and gradually start listening to the others
>>
not that big of an anco fan but SJ, STGSTV and MPP are all masterpieces, haven't listened to anything else by them tho
>>
I didn't care for them for years, but i kept revisitng their albums and now they're one of my favorite bands. Here Comes the Indian is one of the most unique albums i've heard. You should also listen to Feels OP.

>>63223045
This makes no sense
>>
>>63222924
I don't really see how they're overrated, aside from the amount of hype that MPP got which has come and gone. Most people aren't that aware of their earlier albums as far as i know, at least not enough people for them to be "overrated."
>>
>>63223045
ST> all tbqh
>>
>>63223129
Tried listening to Feels last week and i didn't do anything for me. Maybe I'll give it another shot. I'm currently listening to MPP and I'm liking it so far.

>>63223153
I meant in music circles. They seem to be very well regarded for the most part, even Panda Bear's solo stuff.
>>
>>63222924
All of their albums are the same though, even the "noise" ones
>>
>>63222944
This tbqh
>>
>>63223206
>All of their albums are the same though
So you've never listened to them, then?
>>
>>63223191
Lol i used to feel the exact same way as you towards Feels and MPP (both the posts you responded to are me btw). If they get a lot of love in music circles it's obviously for a reason. Just revisit their albums every now and then, they all have a different sound with at least a few amazing songs on each. Person Pitch is also worth listening to, Bros is one of the best songs ive ever heard. I also highly recommend HCTI, it's my favorite as of now.
>>
>>63223045
the only albums you've heard by them are masterpieces but you're not a big fan?
>>
>>63223303
Unfortunately i have, slightly different gimmicks, same indeh garbage
>>
I'm a fan of theirs but I never could get into Strawberry Jam. IMO Sung Tongs is their best.

Also, I find that nowadays this is unpopular to say but: MPP > SJ
>>
>>63223430
lol nice one man. So what's your favorite anco release?
>>
so much autism in this thread. every anco album is genius. they sound completely unlike all other indie bands. all their material is masterfully executed. they're the most important act of the new millennium.
>>
>>63223430
I mean, If you think Summertime Clothes, Queen in My Pictures, and Slippi all sound the same then I think you're probably just lacking a critical sense of hearing?
>>
>>63223430
jesus fucking christ stop posting anytime, because you're absolutely primed for a total anal blasting by AnCo fans (they'll also be correct because your taste is garbage)
>>
>>63223399
>both post you responded to are me btw

LOL!

Alright. On paper I should like they (I love pop, psychedelia, and noise), but in practice they're just ok. I'll keep trying.

HCTI?
>>
>>63223592
Oh, Here comes the indian lol. How did I miss that?
>>
STGSTV > ST > SJ > rest
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.