[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I figured it out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: danse manatee.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
danse manatee.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
I've always wondered why people hate Danse Manatee, even people who are well enough into patricianhood to be able to listen to it without getting a headache seem to despise it. People who heil Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished as a masterpiece, criticize the fuck out of Danse manatee, even though they are around the same level of abrasiveness.

But then it hit me, how many people have you seen who say they hate Danse Manatee, but love "Essplode"? How many people have you seen deny that Feels is the true anco pop masterpiece, because the tracks "drag on" too much? How many people have you seen who's least favorite track on Sung Tongs is Visiting Friends? Animal Collective have developed a fanbase who cannot appreciate slow music. Its not that Danse Manatee is too abrasive, people are just too fucking impatient. It's not a failed experiment, it just takes its fucking time. Asking an anco fan to appreciate this album is like asking a Soccer fan to appreciate Baseball. It's hard to go from "GET BALL TO GOAL" to whatever the fuck those nerds are doing in baseball. I don't actually watch sports.
>>
nah i just wanted more harsh noise like Untitled from stgstv but this was soft as fuck
>>
But Alvin Row is the fan favorite of Spirit and thats like 10 min long
>>
>>63213328
no

it's just that most of em seek repetition in music

danse manatee doesn't quite have it that much

guess why the illusion artwork album has the most fans

cause it's the most repetitive one
>>
You literally fucking copied this from another user on another archived thread you fuckwad
>>
>>63213921
wew
>>
>>63213328
meh i don't hate Danse Manatee, it's pretty good

Pretty sure most people hate it because Pitchfork gave it a bad rating back then
>>
Nice Copypasta, still wrong because HCTI has slower and more droney songs but everyone loves HCTI
>>
I'm not a huge fan of Danse, but I love Bad Crumbs so much for some reason, one of my favorite anco songs
>>
>>63213328
I've said this before, though I can't find the post. People are impatient as fuck, it's the reason I think most people here have shit taste in anco. Nobody can appreciate atmosphere, it's fucking sickening.
>>
>>63213921
it's almost like....it's....copy...pasta.....
>>
File: anc 1.png (8 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
anc 1.png
8 KB, 1000x1000
i drew this picture of danse manatee for people who don't get it
>>
meet the light child is secretly one of the best animal collective tracks
>>
>>63213896
were you the guy who made that shitty thread about stgstv being bad the other day?
>>
Nah man I love anco and I'm sad that there's not a slow song on painting with
>>
>>63213896
is this a pasta from the other thread too
>>
File: laughing-phone-man-5007474.jpg (109 KB, 1300x957) Image search: [Google]
laughing-phone-man-5007474.jpg
109 KB, 1300x957
>>63216896
>secretly
>>
>>63215702
this
>>
>>63213328
>People who heil Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished as a masterpiece, criticize the fuck out of Danse manatee, even though they are around the same level of abrasiveness
has nothing to do with abrasiveness.
>>
this is a good thread keep saying things guys
>>
>>63217929
Painting with really grew on me, and i went to Fonda on Tuesday to see them, all the songs from PW worked perfectly, great for live shows. Daily routine was great to , crowd was the best to
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.