[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was introducing dadaism to music the worst thing to ever happen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Troutmask_COVER600px.jpg (373 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Troutmask_COVER600px.jpg
373 KB, 600x600
Was introducing dadaism to music the worst thing to ever happen to music?

FUCK
>>
The fact
>>
listened to some of my favorite songs from this album today...

great album
>>
Dadaism was the worst thing to happen in general
>>
>>63212239
plen
>>
FLORIDADA
>>
Nah.

I hate this album but a lot of quality music came from artists it influenced.
>>
File: BmysglqIYAAZG2q[1].jpg (27 KB, 514x511) Image search: [Google]
BmysglqIYAAZG2q[1].jpg
27 KB, 514x511
Seriously, introducing cocaine to musicians was the worst thing to ever happen to the music industry
>>
>>63212239
There's nothing more disgusting than insincerity

And sincerely, you're worthless, life is worthless, goodbye and goodnight.
>>
>>63212239
Dadaism is literally the cause of WWI and WWII but those were worth it so Trout Mask Replica could exist.

This is not an exaggeration.
>>
File: dada_duchamp.jpg (69 KB, 840x998) Image search: [Google]
dada_duchamp.jpg
69 KB, 840x998
>>63212381
>>63212260
lol
>>
>i'm mad about the fact that music i don't like is being made
>>
>>63212239
Dadaism is too pessimistic for me, and I think that as a movement it failed because it was easily integrated into the then-contemporary body of art criticism.
>>
>>63212467
No, dadaism was a response to major wars, not the other way around.
>>
>>63213534
>it failed

what was it trying to do?
>>
>>63213571
Dadaism was a rejection of contemporary art and art theory. After WWI left Europe in shambles many people were understandably depressed and pessimistic about the future of humanity. Dadaism emerged from artists who felt that the destruction and suffering created by the war meant that the world did not deserve beauty and art, and began creating "anti-art" as protest against the art world that was a part of a society that was capable of fucking shit up so badly.

The thing is though that dadaism became integrated into mainstream art theory as a legitimate movement and ultimately only served to further the discussion about what art "is".
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.