[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does /mu/ like Queen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4
File: QUEEN.jpg (58 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
QUEEN.jpg
58 KB, 600x600
does /mu/ like Queen?
>>
I do

*ducks for cover*
>>
>>63210572
only the ones who know music theory.
>>
They're pretty corny

But hey I kinda like em for it, would be Nice if the whole world took them off the pedestal as one of 'le best bands evarrrr' and just acknowledge how corny they are (same kind of enjoyment as with the astonishing), also Freddie is one hell of a front man...loads of stage prescence
>>
HERE'S
>>
>>63210882
THE
>>
If one expresses dislike for Queen but not the Beatles, you can dismiss his opinion as plebian.
>>
>>63210572
they're objectively good but i don't regularly listen to them
>>
>>63210921
THE
>>
No. I don't enjoy singles band. Seriously, their album are boring as fuck and they are only remembered for their very catchy singles.
>>
I'm sick of a couple of their songs, but they're alright.

Why OP, do you?
>>
they lost it in the 80s along with literally every other musician

70s material is is still killer though
>>
meh. they have a couple of great songs. god i hate Bohemian Rhapsody though, what an annoying song
>>
>>63210921
Except that Queen was LITERALLY a singles band. Sure, Beatles had amazing singles but their albums were really good too, unlike Queen which most of their album are a shitfest until the single comes in except for maybe Innuendo and Queen II.
>>
>>63210572
I mean they're good but they're the biggest meme ever.
>>
>>63212434
This.
In my opinion Innuendo and The March Of The Black Queen are much better songs than Bohemian Rhapsody
>>
>>63210905
>>63210933
THING
>>
The most overrated dadrock band

Nothing but saccharine pop fare
>>
Queen - 10/10
Queen II - 10/10
Sheer Heart Attack - 9/10
A Night at the Opera - 8/10
A Day at the Races - 7/10
News of the World - 6/10
Jazz - 7/10
>Live Killers - 8/10
The Game - 6/10
Hot Space - 1/10
The Works - 5/10
A Kind of Magic - 5/10
>Queen Live Magic - 2/10
>Queen Live at Wembley '86 - 4/10
The Miracle - 6/10
Innuendo - 6/10
Made In Heaven - 3/10
>Live at the Rainbow '74 - 9/10
>>
>>63213097
Led Zeppelin is far and away the most overrated "dadrock" band.
>>
File: 1457119349954.jpg (11 KB, 299x300) Image search: [Google]
1457119349954.jpg
11 KB, 299x300
>>63210768
>9gag tier *ing

almost got me nice one
>>
>>63213138
the second I saw a 10/10 I dropped your score list, sorry
>>
I used to somewhat enjoy Queen until the Internet became flooded with posts about how great they were and how Freddie was such a badass. They became cringey to listen to
>>
>>63213507
>Never listened to a Queen album
>>
>>63214309
>actually thinks any of their cringey shit deserves even an 8

hahahaha lol exquisite meme my fellow 9gagger
>>
>>63212434
come on Night at the Opera is fantastic

but otherwise i agree
>>
Overrated.

Great band, but not as great as most people seem to think they are.
>>
File: 220px-Butcher_the_Weak.jpg (11 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
220px-Butcher_the_Weak.jpg
11 KB, 220x220
Devourment is kinda like queen in a few ways. Same guitars and same tempo.
>>
shit fanbase
alright band

not deserving of the fame they have
>>
>>63210835
this

They have a few songs I enjoy but I've never been able to sit through a whole album of theirs.
pretty over rated imo
>>
>>63210572
I like some of Queens songs, but when I hear girls that I know say, "Bohemian Rhapsody is the best song ever!" I cringe internally.
>>
Why does '70s and '80s cock rock trigger /mu/ so badly?
>>
70s Queen up to The Game is GOAT! After that, they turned to shit until Innuendo. It's a shame that Freddie died just as Queen was beginning to re-discover what made them so great before 1980.

In B4 Scruffi copy pasta!
>>
>>63215915
Brian May's two solo albums with Cozy Powell aren't bad.
>>
>>63215929
I haven't heard the second one, but Back To The Light is quite good.
>>
>>63215967
I remember it being quite good (I haven't listened to it in years though), though it's a bit weirder than BttL.

Roger Taylor's solo stuff on the other hand is largely total fucking garbage.
>>
IS THIS THE REAL LIFE
>>
>>63215915
>tfw Innuendo could have been the beginning of a "Goat 90's Queen" era
>>
reddit-tier garbage
>>
>>63210572
first few albums are really good
in the 80's they really fucked up, but they kind of got back on track with The Miracle and Innuendo
then the fag died and the band went to shit again

Top 10 fav songs
>The Night Comes Down
>You and I
>My Fairy King
>Death on Two Legs
>The Prophet's Song
>Long Away
>The March of the Black Queen
>White Queen
>Tenement Funster
>Don't Stop Me Now
>>
File: 2 guns.jpg (428 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
2 guns.jpg
428 KB, 1000x1000
>>63213138
holy shit
>>
>>63214605
I don't get the hype around Night at the Opera, the first side sucked and the second side was OK with the best song being, surprise surprise, Bohemian Rhapsody.
>>
>>63216213
you joking mate

>best song on side two BoRhap and not The Prophet's Song
>side with Death on 2 Legs, '39 and Seaside Randezvous sucking

the only >bad< song on the album is Sweet Lady
>>
>>63210572
I love Queen.
>>
>>63216213
Queen II is better.
>>
>>63216258
I personally didn't like I'm in love with my car. Probably because Taylor wrote it, and all his songs sound the same.
>>
>>63213138
Where's the Flash Gordon album? That one had some funky synths.
>>
>>63212434
>unlike Queen which most of their album are a shitfest until the single comes in except for maybe Innuendo
Innuendo is a weak album though. Has a few GOAT songs but shit like Bijou and Delilah really drag it down.
>>
>>63216368
FLASH
>>
>>63214657
Tbh senpai who gives a shit about fan base of the music is good
>>
>>63215721
Because theyre all younger than 25 and can't understand any era before them without it being ironic and full of memes.
>>
Why doesn't Led Zeppelin get this kind of hate? Queen's "theatrics" and their whole image was tounge and cheek. Zeppelin is far more cringe and their songs are a lot worse.
>>
Queen have aged fucking awfully and milked their legacy pathetically. Some good tunes though.
>>
>>63217301
They didn´t steal as much also. Also you guys can´t ignore that up to The Game non of their albums had synthesizers on it, give them some props for that most of the cool sounds were made by Brian´s guitar, just listen Bring that back Leroy Brown or Good Company, the guy made a jazz big band with a guitar, and don´t recall anyone doing something like that. Sheer Heart Attack is their best record no doubt. Queen II is good but the White side is kind of weak, March of the black queen is GOAT tho. The Game is probably their most under rated, full of great catchy tunes. And plz stop with the Bohemian Rhapsody hate that song is a masterpiece in every way you look at it, you´re just being contrarian, anti popular fags. And If you can´t see beauty in the transition between The prophet´s song and Love of my life you just hate music.
>>
>>63210835
I think the entire preface of the band was to just have a shit load of fun dicking around in a very showtune-esc way
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.