[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is the call of duty of music? kind of like how marvel avengers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5
File: grimes.jpg (45 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
grimes.jpg
45 KB, 630x420
what is the call of duty of music?
kind of like how marvel avengers is the call of duty of movies
>>
prolly tylo b chillin
>>
Avenged sevenfold
>>
linkin park
>>
Tool or Eminem
>>
Beach House
>>
Something too popular for an okay/mediocre product, and by "popular" I mean not non-mainstream /mu/core (so not something like Grimes)...

The Weeknd?
>>
Death Grips for mad killstreaks and sick no scopes
>>
21 pilots
>>
File: future drive slow homie.png (15 KB, 504x166) Image search: [Google]
future drive slow homie.png
15 KB, 504x166
Future
>>
Eminem

Sells millions, loved by fedoras and 420 blazers, his videos are the equivalent of an MLG montage.
>>
>>63202071
>"I hate rap, but Eminem is great!"
>>
eminem

literally he makes songs for call of duty
>>
>>63202017
TRUE NIGGA ALREADY DROPPED 2 TAPES THIS YEAR
>>
>>63201499
This, or Skrillex
>>
The Beatles
>>
Alt-j
>>
>>63202408
Whoops, butterfingers!
>>
>>63201453
omg she's so hot and cute
>>
>>63201453
Calvin Harris, or something more mediocre in EDM.
There's literally no other answer... maybe Eminem.
>>
Linkin Park, Skrillex, Eminem all make sense.
>>
Buckethead.

Spews out constant rehashes of the same shit multiple times a year and there's a group of braindead people and children who eat it up.
>>
File: doctor called me sick.jpg (25 KB, 500x647) Image search: [Google]
doctor called me sick.jpg
25 KB, 500x647
I remember when A7X got popular. I thought their music was generic shitty sounding garbage. I refreshed myself today by listening to a few of their songs and cringed heavily.
P.S. I Love me some Call of Duty. It's fun to play with friends...sue me.
>>
>>63202071
And all the betafags think he's a poet on par with yeats
>>
>>63201453
whatevers in the top 40

so right now ariana, tay tay, drake etc
>>
>>63201544
Grimes is mainstream af m8
>>
>>63201510
This
>>
Linkin Park
>>
>>63203188
>Grimes
>mainstream
She doesn't have any hits. She's barely played on the radio & tv. You're deluded if you think she's mainstream because she's mentioned a lot on /mu/.
>>
Nirvana
Radiohead
>>
Five Finger Death Punch
>>
>>63203188
You need more friends if you think Grimes is mainstream.
>>
>>63204509
Im a strong independent NEET who dont need no friends
>>
>>63204495
Beat me to it.
>>
>>63203493
I've heard grimes quite a few times on the radio, usually change the station when that happens.
>>
>>63201453
I derived a far more interesting question from yours: what is the Mozart of video games? What is captain beefheart of videogames?

I have played very few games that I found enjoyable in my life. Does anyone have any good recommendations?
>>
>>63201531

2nd this went to a Beach House concert I thought it was gonna be full of sad mopes, was suprised by the amount of vodka redbull chugging dudebros around I guess theyre in touch of their emotions or some shit I dont know
>>
The Avengers is 2deep4u, not even kidding.
>>
>>63204958

I don't think video games have quite reached the level of Mozart or Beefheart (yet), but if you want a game that has a genuinely good story (and I mean GOOD, not just good for a video game) that will make you feel things AND also has great gaemplay, exploration, freedom, decision-making that affects the story, well-written characters, etc. check out The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. The more I play it the more I'm honestly convinced that it is the artistic peak of modern video games (as of now). I can't wait to see how the medium will evolve decades into the future.

But seriously The Witcher 3 is just clearly made by people who love video games and fantasy story-telling but they're also not afraid to get really fucking dark, and I don't mean "DUDE LOOK AT HOW GORY AND SPOOKY THIS IS" I mean like emotionally disturbing and heartwrenching and shit. I'm not even halfway through the main story but I already have more than 30 hours played and there are also like hundreds of side quests and secrets to find. And all of the DLC is FREE. Like shit, can you name another game company releasing free DLC that ISN'T just cosmetic garbage?
>>
File: 2agoht3.jpg (13 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
2agoht3.jpg
13 KB, 300x168
>>63201453
UM GUYS
ITS AC/DC ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED
>>
Foo Fighters

>really popular
>one or two good installments, rest are forgettable
>now hated by a lot
>>
>>63205910
>i don't think games have reached the level of mozart because the story isn't good

Naw nigga

>>63204958
>what is the Mozart of video games
No Man's Sky

An entire universe procedurally generated from a self-created periodic table of elements that abides by its own laws of physics.

The more you look into the more beautiful it gets.
>>
>>63202071
didn't eminem literally do a song for a CoD soundtrack
i think this might be as close as we're going to get, as far as the fanbase connections anyway
>>
>>63201453

grimes is looking hotter and hotter

what happened.

man
>>
File: 1452996289629.jpg (191 KB, 930x676) Image search: [Google]
1452996289629.jpg
191 KB, 930x676
Either Drake or Lil Wayne
>>
>>63206236
MMLP2 actually has a COD Ghosts Deluxe edition
>>
>>63206316
kek
>>
>>63205910
The Witness is the current artistic peak of videogames. I love The Witcher but it utilizes various elements from other media to deliver its experience. There has never been a game as pure and profound in its ambition and in what it asks of the player as The Witness. It trascends storytelling, and delivers its experience nonverbally, forcing you to look and learn from the game world directly by yourself using your natural intelligence and building upon it.
>>
>>63205981
>>63202071
>>63201514
>>63201510
correct answers
Eminem is the true CoD of music though
>>
>>63202017
>Thugger complaining about another rapper releasing too many mixtapes
wew
>>
>>63202071
>starts out good with first 3 releases
>gets progressively worse with each successive release
>now is just parody of his former self
>normies still eat it up like its the best thing ever

His career is literally call of duty
>>
>>63204958

Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons
>>
>>63204958
>Mozart
Dwarf Fortress or Space Station 13
>Beefheart
That weird platformer Ulililililillilililililliilililiia's working on
>>
>>63207349
>Eminem cod of music
What?
He's more like the Tf2 of rap/hip hop
>>
>>63202071
>>63207422
>>63206236

This.
>>
Friendly reminder Linkin Park and Eminem are the Transformers (movie) of music.
>>
LCD Soundsystem
>>
>>63209498
That's a fucking retarded meme fuck off Eminem is good
>>
>>63203118
Tbh, without making this into a video game discussion, I always viewed the call of duty story modes as a playable, over the top action movie and enjoy them in that way
>>
>>63206315
>that pic
most autistic thing ive ever seen
>>
The Beatles

just try and refute
>>
no one has mentioned ccr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec0XKhAHR5I
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.