[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Here Comes the Indian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: HCTI chart.png (226 KB, 828x887) Image search: [Google]
HCTI chart.png
226 KB, 828x887
Who else loves this album? What are your favorite tracks off of it? It's becoming my favorite AnCo release the more i listen to it.
>>
yep it's the best anco, favourites are hey light and slippi
>>
>>63197987
Too Soon is my favorite song on that album
>>
Tied with Feels as their best release
Favourite track is probably Hey Light or Infant Dressing Table
>>
>>63197987
Two Sails on a Sound and Infant (infinite) Dressing Table are GOAT
The rest of the album is pretty good too. I prefer the Ark tracklisting, but not the Ark mixing
>>
>>63197987
10/10 album for me
Two sails on the sound is one of the best accomplishment of human race
>>
>>63198082
i haven't heard the Ark version. is it worth checking out? how different is it?
>>
>>63198205
It's alright I guess, honestly it just made me appreciate the version they stuck with more. The only differences are that there are no lyrics at all (incl. all of the yelping, howling, etc) and the guitars are higher up in the mixing - making them more noticeable. Kind of ruins the whole atmosphere.

The tracklist is much better though. IMO, anyways. It's on youtube somewhere if you really wanna check it out
>>
No love for Slippi in this thread?
Dressing Table and Two Sails are good, but Slippi is GOAT
>>
One of their best. Here's a live version of Too Soon I found that I loved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuzChn5azXg

Also, can this be an anco general?
>>
Albums like these make you realise how boring life really is
>>
>>63198361
There are still lyrics in Daylight (Hey Light) I'm certain.

I know because at one point when I listened to it, I could actually hear each person's voice singing distinct from the others, and that's when I realized Deakin actually sings on Here Comes the Indian.
>>
>>63197987
obscure anco is best anco
>>
>>63197987
hey light and the entire middle ambient soundscapey section.

Easily AnCos most underrated
>>
>>63199486
true but hcti isn't obscure
>>
>>63197987
Would have to agree it's probably in my top 4 except I think I prefer strawberry jam and feels. I'd have to listen to it again though to be sure
>>
One of the reasons I love this album is its when all the members finally got into the groove and really figured out how to work together.

The album art reinforces that, because unlike most of the album covers which are done by Avey or his sister, every member contributed to the art. Geologist took the picture, Avey drew the color foliage, Deakin drew the monkey in the tree, and Panda added the squares.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.