[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are we ready to stop being faggots and admit this album was ahead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 430x430) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 430x430
Are we ready to stop being faggots and admit this album was ahead of its time?
>>
not yet
>>
I wouldn't say ISAM was ahead of its time, but Foley Room definitely was.

ISAM is still great though.
>>
yes, ahead to sucks.
>>
>>63197111
Yes, Amon Tobin is criminally underrated
>>
Isam just kind of retreads the same line as Foley Room, but to the Nth degree, just shoving textures and samples in every orifice - which don't get me wrong, I love, but I don't think it's a better album than Foley Room

Dark Jovian wasn't exactly the return to form after all these years I hoped for either, it didn't even suffice as a placeholder

Probably won't get something new til next year now, but I'm still eager I guess.
>>
yeah this album rules. ninja tune is a hit or miss label imo, but when they have a "good" release it's phenomenal. also checked yo trips. very nice my man
>>
It totally was, the sound design on ISAM is just now becoming a standard for the genre of IDM broken beat. Dudes like ARCA, Eprom WWWINGS are just now trying to get to that level.

He's going to completely BTFO everyone again by the end of the year, watch.
>>
>>63197111
has enough time passed for us to be aware that its ahead of its time?? isam only came out in 2011 senpai

also what specifically about isam was ahead of its time?
>>
>>63197351
it's probably the first omnisphere-core album

perhaps even proto-omnicore
>>
ISAM fuckin ruled, OP you sonofagun I'm gonna go rinse Lost&Found again.

best IDM album
>>
>>63197299
I seriously want a return to his foley room/isam sound, easily some of my favorite IDM albums out there.
>>
FINALLY PEOPLE LIKE ISAM
POSTED ABOUT THIS SHIT FOR YEARS AND NOBODY CARED

ya'll are fucking rad
>>
i heard this album on mushrooms for the first time probably the same year it came out, and it was amazing. it's the only amon tobin album i've heard but I keep it on my music-playing-device all the time.

dope album

also
>trips confirm
>>
ISAM was such a good album that people at first hated it.
>>
Tripsman dropping patrician bombs

But seriously ISAM was trill, incredible album
>>
Anyone who dislikes ISAM hasn't heard it in surround sound

It's exactly as incredible as you think it does
>>
>>63197247
not by scaruffi though
>>
Well that's it then, ISAM is /mu/core essential IDM now
Trips for truth
>>
>>63197111
anyone have a link to this in 320?
>>
>>63199299

i have it in flac, if you want
>>
>>63199353
No thanks man, I don't need crazy huge files. Appreciate the offer.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.