[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do these things actually benefit guitarists? Thoughts? Experiences?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: varigrip-or-gripmaster.jpg (83 KB, 1236x596) Image search: [Google]
varigrip-or-gripmaster.jpg
83 KB, 1236x596
Do these things actually benefit guitarists? Thoughts? Experiences?
>>
Stupid. Just play bass.
>>
the hell are those? Are they supposed to help with dexterity or something?
>>
>>63192806
By that image, I can guess that it is just a cheap way to get money from beginner guitarists. It looks like it's supposed to give you a better grip on the strings, but the best way to do that is practice.
>>
>>63193085
OP here. This is my opinion too. I was just curious if anybody actually got one, stuck with it and had noticeable benefits.
>>
I thought people used those for rock climbing to improve grip strength
>>
>>63193125
That would make more sense, but they're also marketed to musicians
>>
You don't need to grip a guitar that hard. If you can't grip it hard enough you probably have some serious shit wrong with your hands.
>>
>>63192806
Had a pair of these and would use it while I watched tv for weeks. Gave me crazy grip strength but it didn't really help playing guitar or anything
>>
marketing ploy. the same exact product was designed for body builders that want finger gains, I'm not kidding. They rebranded it for guitarists.
>>
I think it can benefit the strength of your pinky especially for doing pull offs and such
>>
I mean if they made a version for beginners to hold bar chords down then yeah.
>>
ive used these when I broke my wrist and had to rebuild the movement and strength in my hand
doubt they would help with guitar tho
>>
Helpful for people with bitch hands/fingers
>>
>>63192806
Used to have one of these and would use it when I couldn't practice. It kinda helped developed finger strength but not significantly.
>>
>>63192806
shitty meme
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.