[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was born deaf. Can you guys describe what music is like to me?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: ART.jpg (154 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
ART.jpg
154 KB, 500x375
I was born deaf.

Can you guys describe what music is like to me?
>>
shit
>>
Like watching two grizzlybears fight to the death.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 460x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 460x400
garbage
>>
terrible
>>
>>63186397
vibrations in the air
>>
Music and love are identical, just think of it that way. 9/11 but grizzlybearsofdeath9/11 #thegrizzlyoflove
>>
Good music is a lot like body language - sometimes it conveys things that language can't. for example expressing a mix of 2 seemingly contradictory feelings at once.

Most music is just fast food. A cheap thrill but sometimes enjoyable whilst inebriated.
>>
sure it goes

doodOOoowW TWAANG bum bum bum bum deodododod CLANG DEEEEEWW dududududududududu
>>
>>63186439
this desu, silence is the only patrician thing there is.
OP, you are lucky to be deaf.
>>
It's expressing emotion in a way that goes beyond what language can do. So really, like any other form of art.

It's like a painting, but instead of it being made of stuff you can see, it's made out of stuff you can hear.
>>
>>63186397
You don't like the vibrations and beats of loud music? Which genres have you explored?

>I was born blind.
>Can you guys describe what art is like to me?
How would you answer this question?
>>
>>63186457
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=79d_1344033498
>>
>>63186397

No, because you have no frame of reference for understanding and relating to the concept of sound.
>>
>>63186397
Google Christine Sun Kim, OP. She's a sound artist who was born deaf. You may find her commentaries of interest.
>>
>>63186397
WHAT?
>>
>>63186397
you were blessed. It's all fucking awful.
>>
>>63186397
>noone has said bold and brash
>mfw
>>
>>63186397
like bags of sand
>>
>>63187819
more like belongs in the trash :^)
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.