[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: proof that Scaruffi is shit how can Ummagumma be better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
ITT: proof that Scaruffi is shit

how can Ummagumma be better than WYWH? or Wall?
>>
dont understand why people take this contrarians meme reviews seriously
>>
>>63184503
>>63184614
Seriously guys I wouldn't get too worried about it. He's a senile italian man and his music taste is the definition of contrarian.

The fact he gave AHM a 7 literally makes me feel sorry for him.
>>
>>63184614
Because a lot of people on /mu/ are contrarians who got excited as fuck when they found a reviewer who shared their contrarian taste, even if his taste and way of justifying it are ridiculous.
>>
Literally the Armond White of the music world
>>
>>63184503
i'd say ummagumma is around the same level as wywh but it's miles better than the wall
>>
>>63184503
I think he said in an interview somewhere once that the live half of ummagumma is a 7 and the studio half is at least an 8.

[spoiler]he's right[/spoiler]
>>
>>63184759
The Wall is on about the same level as the album chris chan did so that's not hard anyway
>>
>>63184503
>DSOTM: 6.5/10
>Piper: 8.5/10

haha nice meme
>>
>>63184503
It's not. He's just stupid.
>>
>>63185467
Good to see a chris Chan references
>>
>>63185467
I haven't heard that album (although i'll check it out real soon now that i know it exists) but the wall isn't a terrible album, it's just.... weird i guess.
it's possible to enjoy if you get in a certain mindset.
it's a longshot from being even close to pink floyd's best album though
>>
>>63184503
>muh piper
i don't get this meme

it's avangarde, i know, but this doesn't make it better than the wall
>>
>>63185847
>it's avangarde, i know

not at all even, it's far less experimental than Saucerful or Ummagumma, most of it is bland psych-pop. people put Piper first because they somehow romanticize Syd, who added literally nothing of worth to the band. "muh mental illness" indeed
>>
>>63184503
>Momentary Lapse of Reason being higher than The Division Bell
>rates Nick Mason's album the highest out of all of the PF solo albums
>Ummagumma higher than DSOTM, WYWH, Animals, Meddle, and Atom Heart Mother
>A Saucerful of Secrets higher than every other album in their discog except for Piper

Wew lad
>>
For real:

Piper > Ummagumma Live > WYWH > Saucer > Meddle > DSotM > Ummagumma Studio > AHM > The Wall > Animals > More >>>>>>> POWERGAP (SHIT TIER) >>>>>>>>> Final Cut > Division Bell > Obscured By Clouds > A Momentary Lapse of Reason
>>
>>63184503
ummagummma is their best
>>
>>63186583
:^)
>>
>>63184503
>how can Ummagumma be better than WYWH? or Wall?
Scruffy's point is that it is more experimental and less reliant on traditional songwriting.
>>
>>63186611
it doesn't make it better though
>>
>>63184503
I'm totally fine with his ratings. I'd have Dark Side at an 8/10 but everything elese is more or less alright
>>
>>63186647
According to Scruffy, it does.
>>
pink floyd is shit alltogether and scaruffi praising them in any way is y his shit ass well
>>
>>63187996
Have a (You)
>>
>>63184503
As I've said before, Scaruffi is probably the biggest hack of our age. Listen to what he said about Nietzsche.
>Full disclosure: the first time i read Nietzsche i felt that his books were just a ridiculous collection of nonsense, written in poor German, and largely based on an embarrassing degree of ignorance about anthropology, sociology, art and science; and i haven't changed my mind since then. I still have to understand why he became so famous. I am not sure that he also became influential because i think the century that followed had little use for his philosophy and/or his method (assuming he had one).
>>
>>63188061

reading is for nerds
>>
>>63188020
they dont have a single good album and dats a fact (actually my opinion but dat makes it a fact tbf)
>>
pink floyd is entry level art rock

hes right, they're average
>>
His score for The Wall is too high.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.