[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Animal Collective
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled.png (381 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
381 KB, 600x600
I want to like Alvin Row so bad, but the extremely high pitched noises at the start really hurt my ears... does anyone else have this problem?
>>
like the album is beautiful but there are just a few songs on it that are painful because of this high frequency
>>
Try and appreciate the emotion that the frequencies convey. I find them to be beautiful and they make me happy.
>>
>>63183712
i want to, but like i actually cant past a certain point... i want to like it, it just hurts too much
>>
>>63183712
this. i'm pretty sure that song Alvin Row is supposed to be about Avey coming of age and it starts out with him as a baby which is why it sounds super uncoordinated and noisy at the beginning but slowly develops into a song with structure. the part where he screams at his childhood self to "run" from maturity is one of the best AnCo moments.
>>
WHEN IIIIIIIIIIII SAY BYYYEE
YOOOUUU SAY BYEEEEEE
DEAR ALVIN
>>
Listen to it enough until you become densensitized to the noise
>>
STGSTV is one of those albums that I hated on first listen.
But eventually I gave it another try and it got much better.
Every track besides the noise tracks (STV, Everyone Whistling) is beautiful.
>>
Try not being a faggot cake boy
>>
It's one of my favorite AnCo albums, but even I can admit it sounds like shit. The real appeal is the emotional feels I get from the album
>>
solution: skip the first minute or turn it down
and enjoy

RUUUUUNNNNN
>>
>listen to STGSTV in class
>Alvin Row comes on
>some normie says ''ugh, what's that screeching sound?''
>laugh to myself and keep enjoying the patrician muzak
>>
>>63184132
STV is beautiful though
>>
>>63183814
one of the best moments in music desu. Brings tears to my eyes everytime
>>
:'(
>a new apartment and a heart dont make me old
>>
File: 1352420690632.jpg (45 KB, 300x304) Image search: [Google]
1352420690632.jpg
45 KB, 300x304
>>63183504
try not being a major pussy
>>
just listen to it and don't skip it, eventually it doesn't hurt anymore
>>
>>63184132
STV best track
>>
AnCo is garbage
>>
>>63184243
top kek m8
>>
>>63183504
>wanting to like something that you can't listen to
>>
>>63184132
everyone whistling is decent, its just an interlude. I do enjoy the other two noise tracks though.
>>
Spirit is hard to get into from an Animal Collective perspective, since it's sonically distant from their other albums

it's also kind of weird from a noise / noise-rock perspective since the super high-frequency noises they use are really rare to see on noise albums, especially in isolation like in the title track

you just have to listen a few times and get accustomed to it, eventually you'll understand the connection between the noisy bits and the melodic bits, and it'll be all the more beautiful a listening experience
>>
Listen to the whole album more, youll get used to it and love it
>>
>>63183504
baby's first """"""""noise""""""""""" album

I bet you faggots listen to Yellow Swans too
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.