[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
outkast
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: AqueminiOutKast.jpg (52 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
AqueminiOutKast.jpg
52 KB, 300x300
opinions on outkast?
>>
Not as good as Tame Impala covering Outkast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b530JJ9spd0
>>
Stankonia > ATLiens > Aquemini > rest
>>
3 stacks was ahead of his time
>>
>>63163770
ATliens > Aquemini >Southernplayalistic > Stankonia > Speakerbox > Idlewild
>>
BABAYYYY
YEW AR THE PWOTOTYPE
>>
Hearing BOB on the radio got me into hip hop

It's still fucking amazing
>>
>>63163743
the absolute greatest. Aquemeni is hip-hop's Close To the Edge.
>>63164780
switch Aquemeni and Atliens and it's perfect
>>
One of my childhood-defining bands. You can't beat late 90s OutKast.
>>
>>63164780

I agree with this but I'd switch Southernplayalistic and Stankonia.

All of them are amazing in their own way though. They were pioneers.

>>63163765
C'mon man, you sound green as fuck. That cover doesn't come close to the original.
>>
Probably top 3 hip-hop duos of all time.
>>
>>63165946
The other two? Eric B and Rakim, and Mobb Deep?
>>
>>63165987
If I can't use Ghostface Killah and Raekwon, then yes Mobb Deep would be the third.
>>
>>63165136
one of the best hip-hop song ever
>>
They're alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXmqauitBkM
>>
>>63164780
Can't decide between ATLiens and Aquemini desu
>>
>>63166223
Dam......
>>
if only they knew this album would be revered among hip hop fans for generations, maybe they wouldn't have given it such a hilariously ugly cover
>>
>>63166176
underrated
>>
>>63167536
>if only they knew this album would be revered among hip hop fans for generations

They already got big when they won that source award in 1995 (which is sampled at the very end of the album) and ATLiens went double platinum when it came out

They were well aware of what they were doing
>>
i really wanna get into outkast, which album would you guys recommend me to start of with?? i wanne get a good impression of their sound
>>
File: 1444171489671.jpg (113 KB, 460x594) Image search: [Google]
1444171489671.jpg
113 KB, 460x594
>>63166223
>yfw you realize the guitar is sampled from Selling England by the Pound
>>
>>63163743
They have the ugliest fucking album covers.
>>
File: alrightalrightalright.jpg (25 KB, 590x480) Image search: [Google]
alrightalrightalright.jpg
25 KB, 590x480
>>63166176
>>
>>63167536
You fucking sperm. That cover is 10/10. I bet you're still in high school.
>>
I really love The Love Below and Andre is an amazing rapper but I just can't get with some of the production.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.