[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/mu/ all of a sudden hates PC music what happened?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: hannahdiamond2.jpg (88 KB, 608x608) Image search: [Google]
hannahdiamond2.jpg
88 KB, 608x608
>/mu/ all of a sudden hates PC music

what happened?
>>
/mu/ isn't a hivemind buddy. We all have different opinions here.
>>
>>63159909
/mu/ became patrician again
>>
This desu >>63159944
>>
>>63159932
this
>>
hannah's cool
>>
i like pc music's concept
i dislike their music
>>
File: 1430504900240.gif (3 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1430504900240.gif
3 MB, 480x360
>>63159932
>>
>>63159990
what
>>
File: 466980934.jpg (124 KB, 396x594) Image search: [Google]
466980934.jpg
124 KB, 396x594
>>63159909
I still like it :(
but desu only Sophie, QT, A. G. Cook and Hannah Diamond are the only worthwhile artists that came out of the bubblegum Bass genre
>>
>>63160029
nice bubblegum belly
>>
>>63159985
well of course kpop subhumans are drawing us a bit down but well you cant have everything
>>
File: qt-hey-qt-xl.jpg (131 KB, 480x410) Image search: [Google]
qt-hey-qt-xl.jpg
131 KB, 480x410
HEY
>>
>>63160029
easyfun tho
>>
File: 1398182091768.jpg (38 KB, 618x359) Image search: [Google]
1398182091768.jpg
38 KB, 618x359
>>63160054
>>
>>63160029
Actually it's gfoty, those two hannah tunes that ag did and that hey qt tune
>>
>>63160023
Reference to the band Viet Cong who consider to change their name out of political correctness after some chinks got butthurt. Thus Viet Cong belongs into the politically correct branch, i.e. PC Music! :^)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2haRSNr08M

Thoughts on this song?
>>
>>63160182
SOPHIE is shit.
>>
Can someone make a chart?
>>
yo someone get sophie in the studio with elysia crampton

just like get them in the studio for the ultra political dance music.. stsyatements.. the systems,... the corporation marxism.,.

dildo represents... repeerestnation of the systems of capitalistic socio anarchy culture socIO economics... economys of yhss stytem

u can just get like sophie to do a very controversial sexual cover maybe a three pronged dildo with rocket boosters and some post-internet branding (is putting MONSTER energy on tshirts still the in thing?) and elysia can write the essay in the album insert about w/e... then on the record for the ULTIMATE statement just make it like a blank record. no music at all.

no music. no life. the agency of the statement of cultural systematics
>>
>>63160029
Actually it's Danny L Harle
>>
>>63160029
fuck hannah is 23 going on 40
>>
rofl so progressive so SEX POSITIVE

guys my album cover is a double pronged & ribbed anal FUCKING anal fuck anal pussyfuck uGHHhghghgh sex culture yess fuck yes ohhh

what a statement

what a statement sophie what a steaetment, the .. muh .

culture... sex,, yea dude the sex fuckk uhh.. the agency... the culture..... that wherewithin the strucutres of societal institutionalized systems.
>>
Only good PC music artist is Spinee, objectively.
>>
I've always hated it. It's cowardly.
>>
>>63160353
spinee is a talentless hack

the only good project out of PC music now is dux content and it's all but abandoned
>>
>>63160182
This is awful. The water drops are very annoying.
>>
>>63159932
>disliking post-music
>patrician
>>63160324
>>63160029
GOFTY and Kero Kero Bonito you fucking scrubs
>>
>>63159909
Danny L Harle the best, the rest are aight; Sophie was fun live. I feel like I would hate so many of them in person though.
>>
I like the concept and aesthetic, but every song has the exact same gimmicks and formulas, even if the sounds and instruments vary.

>65-75 BPM
>high pitched, usually young sounding female vocal
>lonely island-tier pop lyric parody, just a little more subtle and british
>random syncopation and rhythm oddities to make it seem unnerving and distant
>minimal effects
>"one shot" short synth sounds
>not much going on in the low end
>cold, robotic, artificial, lifeless, dry, thin
>trying too hard to be artsy and "post-modern" or "critical"

They just keep making the same song over and over again; even the vocalists sound the same in terms of voice and lyrics and cadence.

I like some of the songs but they need to cycle through different production and lyrical gimmicks or drop them entirely. Then again, maybe they already plan to, since they're still pretty new.
>>
>>63160332
wew
>>
>>63159909
I tried listening to that collection of Sophie tracks and it was shit. Not interested, 2bh.
>>
I mean its not like PC music is the greatest, like any explosive fad in music its gonna be repeated until everyone is sick of it... Its getting close. I still like Sophie, but anyone who thinks there is any substance to their music is reading a little too much into it. I would be excited to see if Sophie can get away from those gargely synth sounds. But I have to admit I'm enjoying the Charli xcx/sophie/PC Music collab currently
PC Music is is like over commercialized neo-pop-art, it doesn't have a whole lot to say. It's pretty useless to critique, you'll just get angry at it. but it pleases on a purely formal level, so enjoy it or don't, but critiquing its supposed meaning is supa dumbz
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.