[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wilco's Summerteeth vs. Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled_Image.png (364 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
Untitled_Image.png
364 KB, 800x400
Which Wilco album is better? The more lyrically intricate, less experimental, oft overdshadowed album, or their most game changing and universally loved?
>>
Is it really universally loved or did p4k just give it a 10?
>>
>>63147745
In this case it happens to be both. "Old" p4k isn't utter shit like today.
>>
>>63147717
My vote is personally for Summerteeth. I love both, but Summerteeth's straight up lyrical prowess gives it a tad more charm.
>>
i've always preferred summerteeth. better melodies/arrangements IMO. and less corny shit like heavy metal drummer
>>
>>63147717
Summerteeth
>>
>>63147717
YHF is by far the better album IMO.

It's more groundbreaking
>>
Summerteeth without a doubt

glad to see Wilco being discussed here beyond YHF, the pleb bait album
>>
YHF, though Summerteeth is almost as good

>>63148258
you should really learn to discuss music without using buzzwords
>>
>>63148258
It really is the album that solidifies Radiohead/Wilco comparisons. So many people know them from OKC or YHF which really were game changing albums, and far too many people just automatically name it as their best. While that opinion isn't wrong by any standards, but it's annoying when you see that's the opinion nearly everyone shares.
>>
>>63147717
Summerteeth has some better tracks, YHF is better as an album/sequence of songs.

I was pleasantly surprised with both The Whole Love and Star Wars, but it saddens me to know Wilco will never make something as good as those two records in the OP again.
>>
>>63148258
And how do you (and everyone else) stand on records like Sky Blue Sky? I think it gets way too much hate. Just a case of fans unrealistically expecting an artist to release the same album over and over.
>>
>>63148306
lets see what your discussion consists of
>Summerteeth is almost as good
wow teach me your ways genius
>>63148314
The thing is that it really isn't the best album by any means, in that you could make an argument for maybe half of their LPs, then you have people who cannot fathom the idea that people have listened to more than 4 Wilco albums and have their own favorite, it's just obnoxious. It's the way the people on here just hivemind and cant actually think for themselves
>>
>>63148391
There's definitely a difference between an album being the best. and an album being the best representation as a a band as a whole. But too many people equate the two. I love it when an artist goes to the extremes.
>>
>>63148373
I haven't actually heard Sky Blue Sky, but I can tell you that I almost always prefer the Wilco albums that don't take themselves too seriously (Wilco the Album, Star Wars) to the more "serious" ones (A Ghost is Born, the Whole Love)
>>
>>63148391
>pleb bait album
You appear to be in that stage where anything popular is seen as bad. You're a contrarian. If you can't explain why you look down upon YHF then fuck off.
>>
>>63148456
>anything popular is seen as bad
see another line in the post you just replied to
>then you have people who cannot fathom the idea that people have listened to more than 4 Wilco albums and have their own favorite
>>
>>63148435
If you like their country stuff you'd like Sky Blue Sky. It's essentially a calmer version of that.
>>
>>63148491
Did I say anywhere that your favorite has to be the most popular? If you're going to disparage it, at least give some sort of reasoning. If I went into a Radiohead thread and said KoL was their best and OKC was shit, I'd at least have to give some rationale for it.
>>
>>63147745
>not liking music because p4k likes it

jesus the autism

>>63148258
hey its ok high school is hard for everyone

to contribute, i listened to summerteeth first and that was what got me into wilco. i guess i like summerteeth more but i can definitely see the argument for yhf
>>
>>63148492
I just downloaded it, thanks mate. If you haven't heard Wilco the Album you should really check it out, it's a very relaxed and carefree classic rock album with some interesting production and cool extended guitar techniques from Cline

>>63148542
when you immediately accuse someone of disliking popular things when they say they don't like something popular you actually ARE saying that their favorite has to be the most popular
>>
>>63148542
KoL is the 3rd most downloaded album on what.cd, I imagine that pisses a lot of people off
>>
>>63148592
Which is why I said to learn to discuss music without using buzzwords, so you can articulate your opinion if you have one instead of coming off like an underage contrarian nerd.
>>
>>63148688
lets see what your discussion consists of
>Summerteeth is almost as good
wow teach me your ways genius
>>
Sky Blue Sky > A Ghost Is Born > Being There > Summerteeth > The Whole Love > Wilco (The Album) > Star Wars > Yankee Hotel Foxtrot > A.M.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.