[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know musicals don't get talked about often here, but what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: hamilton.jpg (74 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
hamilton.jpg
74 KB, 640x640
I know musicals don't get talked about often here, but what is /mu/s opinion on pic related?

Personally, I think it's fantastic. Its almost 100% historically accurate, and the inaccuracies Lin-Manuel Miranda recognizes and omitted minor details to make the story better. The music is awesome. Best musical I've ever heard, unfortunately I'm poorfag so I can't see it on broadway. Is there any reason to not like it?
>>
musicals have some musical value just not often
>>
I got into it just because Daveed Diggs is in clipping
>>
>>63147128
Have you listened to hamilton? The music is amazing. I agree that most musicals are very dull and unoriginal, basically you can ignore every musical made before the 2000s and you wouldn't miss much. But Hamilton is different.
>>
It's extremely popular so /mu/ will insist that its objectively terrible until their mom announces that the pizza rolls are ready.
>>
>>63147183
yeah you might be right man, I nearly listened to it but didn't bother. Definitely some Sondheim is great for example

>>63147201
poptimists get out
>>
>>63147201
Yeah, I really wish that mu wasn't so obsessively contrarian about popular things. Sometimes music gets popular because it's good
>>
The Room Where It Happens is GOAT
>>
this shit makes me want to die
>>
>>63147201
it is objectively terrible though
>>
It's great.

Contrarians will be contrarians, but fanboys will be fanboys.

As it stands, this is the most overrated musical of all time, second only to Wicked or Phantom. That doesn't mean it's not really good, it just means that I literally never hear the fucking end of it at school (I'm an acting/CS double major at Tisch, so the combination of being surrounded by theater kids and being in New York forces me to hear about that show every day).

That being said, it's certainly a massive step up from In the Heights, his previous show. Some of the flow of some of the songs seems to blend together at times, but there's also a good amount of standout tracks.

Also, you will never get tickets unless you literally win the lottery (held every day, as with most shows). It's sold out for at least a year.
>>
>>63148028
I don't know much about musicals
but as a rap fan the 1 song I head in public made me cringe extremely hard
>>
>>63147183
> basically you can ignore every musical made before the 2000s and you wouldn't miss much
spotted the pleb
>>
SOUTHERN MOTHERFUCKING DEMOCRATIC REPUBLICANS
>>
>>63147052
Great soundtrack.
>>
>>63148028
I've even heard it's a two year wait now
>>63148073
which song?
>>
satisfied is the only good song
>>
>>63149010
bad taste
>>63148947
it must be nice
>>
>>63149010
how can you like only that song and literally none of the others
>>
>>63147152
loooool wtf

is it bad if i like clipping less now even if i like hamilton
>>
File: Gigi Habid (2).jpg (793 KB, 1997x3000) Image search: [Google]
Gigi Habid (2).jpg
793 KB, 1997x3000
GUYS PLEASE HELP
a year or so ago i found a really cool song here, it was kinda chill/lowkey/hipop-like with one of the words/title being 'girlfriend'.
the artist/album cover was a drawing of guy in a hoodie. anyone know what song it was?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.