[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Albums that are overrated by normies but underrated by mu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (357 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
357 KB, 1000x1000
probably my 4th fav Beatles record after MMT, SPLHCB, AR and Revolver. Never see it mentioned here though
>>
>>63140843
Help! is easily their best album previous to Rubber Soul. (I also think it's better than Sgt. Peppers and Let It Be)
>>
File: Front-2.jpg (887 KB, 1441x1411) Image search: [Google]
Front-2.jpg
887 KB, 1441x1411
>>
>>63140843
shit I meant to put 5th (although I might like it more than Revolver anyway)
>>
i've just seen a face is perfect
>>
>>63140843
no way this is better than rubber soul
>>
>>63140935
The Night Before is a complete and utter tune too
>>
The Beatles weren't anything special until Rubber Soul or Revolver imho
>>
>>63140928
I dont even know what this album is and Im a normie. so you are wrong.
>>
>>63140994
do you live under a rock
>>
File: image.jpg (409 KB, 1396x1396) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
409 KB, 1396x1396
Does this count? I don't exactly love the album but everyone I know sees it as a classic but I never see it here
>>
>>63140994
Arcade Fire-Neon Bible
Fucking pleb
>>
File: am.jpg (44 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
am.jpg
44 KB, 1024x1024
not that awesome but obligatory because they seem to be hated around here
>>
>>63140989
I guess you could say that's when they really broke the mold but I still think Help! is a record that deserves plenty praise
>>
>>63141128
yeah, I think that their frontman's pseudo rebellious speech at the Brits really cemented their hate here as chavcore and babby's first rock band but their first record and AM have at least some merit to them
>>
>>63140989
This. But from the previous stuff, Help is as good or better than A Hard Day's Night, although imho For Sale has the strongest pre-Rubber Soul songs.
>>
Queen - A Night at the Opera
>>
Both the U.S. and British version of Help are great, and if you like either album, maybe you'll even like the movie.
>>
>>63142797
I've never actually seen a Beatles movie - am I missing much?
>>
>>63140843
>Help!, The Night Before, Ticket to Ride and Yesterday plus a bunch of filler
>underrated

>>63140884
AHDN is their best album pre-Sgt Pepper
>>
>>63141044

I think it's a nice little backpacker album.
Not phenomenal, but at least Cudi isn't another bland gangbanger like 95% of rappers
>>
File: malcolmx.jpg (20 KB, 310x234) Image search: [Google]
malcolmx.jpg
20 KB, 310x234
>>63141044
Unrelated, but I always thought that the face on the side of the moon on that album cover looks more like Malcolm X than kid cudi
>>
>>63141044
It's really too bad that Scott has never made a good album since that one. MotM1 is so fucking good.
>>
>>63143186
>you've got to hide your love away
>I've just seen a face
>filler
s m h
I like AHDN better than help tho. It's the best representation of the Beatlemania-era Beatles imo.

In response to the OP question, I think a lot of classic dadrock fits that bill really well, especially the rolling stones and led Zeppelin
>>
>>63141044
it's really bad. Cudi has no talent
>>
>>63143095
A Hard Days Night is a fictionalized account of a day in the life of The Beatles getting ready for a concert. I bit over exaggerated, but based on real incidences. A light hearted comedy.

Help is a fictional story of a religious cult trying to kill Ringo, because he's wearing a sacrificial ring. There's is a sub plot of a mad scientist who also wants the ring to test the elements of the gem. Also a light hearted comedy, and in color.

Magical Mystery Tour was made as a one hour British TV Christmas special about a group of people who get on a tour bus, and sight see. The music was good, but the film is disappointing. A lot of Beatles fans still hate it to this day.

Yellow Submarine is a psychedelic good verses evil type cartoon, with The Beatles being the heroes, obviously. Good music, funny moments, and a fun film to watch if you're in the mood.

Let It Be started off as a British TV special called "Get Back" which was supposed to promote an album of that name, but unintentionally ended up being a filmed documentation of The Beatles breaking up before the fan's very eyes. Has it's moments, but a sad film to watch, knowing the outcome.
>>
>>63143186
Sure it's filler, but it's good filler

It's only love and I've just seen a face fit in perfectly on the U.S. Rubber soul
>>
>>63144030
Magical Mystery Tour sounds interesting, if only for being so bad apparently. I'll have to check them out.
>>
>>63141182
I liked Favourite Worst Nightmare as well but it doesn't reach the debut.
>>
>normies
>albums
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 500x488) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 500x488
Possibly this, but to be honest it all pales in comparison to SSLP and TES, except tracks 2, 3, 7, 8 and 16 on here.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.