[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ask some guy about the type of music he listens >"oh,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr_nngzvpJr5x1qdwkhdo1_400.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nngzvpJr5x1qdwkhdo1_400.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>ask some guy about the type of music he listens
>"oh, I like experimental music"
>ask him what he means by that
>"stuff like Radiohead or Animal Collective"
>>
>>63135562
Amnesiac and STV could be labeled as experimental works
>>
>>63135562
I mean they experimental tbqh
>>
>>63135562
Those both are examples of experimental music, dumb frogposter
>>
>>63135562
Dumb frogposters, everyone...
>>
>>63135606
>>63135641
>>63135784
Perhaps if you're fifteen and have listened pop all your life
>>
File: stop-that-velma.jpg (32 KB, 380x317) Image search: [Google]
stop-that-velma.jpg
32 KB, 380x317
>being this pretentious
>>
File: 09.png (933 KB, 1153x650) Image search: [Google]
09.png
933 KB, 1153x650
>"oh, I like experimental music"
>Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, HaNL, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Vangelis, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282. Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Boyd Rice, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Half Japanese,Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krusi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Loren Mazzacane Connors, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue. The Red Krayola, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Gong, cLOUDDEAD, the list goes on and on..
>>
>>63135562
I mean, they are experimental, they're just really fucking entry level
>>
>>63135562
nice bait

i don't think any normie would say they listen to experimental music and say they listen to Radiohead and AnCo anyway
>>
>radiohead
>experimental

seriously, pick one
>>
>>63135606
>>63135641
>>63135784
>>63135809
>>63135874
Normies get out
>>
>>63135973
I mean, free jazz and IDM are fairly experimental for a poprock band
>>
What does it mean if I listen to harsh noise and musique concrete but also like Radiohead and AnCo
>>
>>63136082
You are actually into inaccessible and moderately experimental music, congratulations
>>
>"oh I like experimental music"
>"stuff like This Heat, Pere Ubu, Outsiders, Nation of Ulysses, Mars, The Trojans, The Black Dice, Todd Terry, The Germs, Section 25, Althea and Donna, Sexual Harrassment, a-ha, Pere Ubu, Dorothy Ashby, PIL, Fania All-Stars, The Bar-Kays, The Human League, The Normal, Lou Reed, Scott Walker, Monks, Niagra, Joy Division, Lower 48, The Creation, Sun Ra, Scientists, Royal Trux, 10cc, Rammellzee, Eric B. and Rakim, Index, Basic Channel, Soulsonic Force (just hit me!), Juan Atkins, Manuel Göttsching, David Axelrod, Electric Prunes, Gil! Scott! Heron!, The Slits, Faust, Mantronix, Pharaoh Sanders and The Fire Engines, The Swans, the Soft Cell, The Sonics, The Sonics, The Sonics, The Sonics"
>>
Oh look guys another avant teen who doesn't listen to Radiohead anymore : - DDD you're cool as fuck
>>
>>63136185
hi mr rip off
>>
>>63135846
>I care more about labels than the actual music

how are people still pretentious about music, it's gotten to the point where it's not even infuriating anymore, just cringeworthy
>>
>>63137208
My theory is that this is the youngest board on 4chan. These are not the thoughts of adults.
>>
>>63137208
They are probably losers in real life so they are trying to compensate on their anime site
>>
>>63137208
>>63137284
>>63137316
You sure showed him with the type of post-modernist cancer thinking that invades actual teenagers in today's time. "Labels don't matter", "everything is subjective" bla bla. Only in this world you can spout that Grimes is experimental music and being relieved of being wrong because the only thing that count are your feelings. You're probably unable to express yourselves with other than vague assertions and appeal to emotions. Only your generation celebrates your intellectual misery. Now go and post some fedora neckbeards to win the debate without actual argumentation as usual. Only your feelings matter.
>>
>>63137577
No one was calling Grimes experimental, they were saying that Radiohead and AnCo count as experimental.
>>
>>63137577
This seems like A LOT of assumptions to pull out of a two-sentence post. Not even sure what you're upset about, the guy just said that getting uptight about whether music should be labeled experimental or not is pointless.
>>
>People defending entry level bands

O I am laffin
>>
>>63137647
I'm not defending those bands, I'm labeling them appropriately as experimental. This is like the /pol/ of music, you guys use your own definitions for things and then insult people who use the definitions that the rest of the world uses for the same words.
>>
>>63137577
I didn't imply that Grimes is experimental, check your reading comprehension, but Radiohead and AnCo actually did experimental stuff. Mindless hate on /mu/'s popular bands is pathetic.
>>
>>63137577
>waaaaahhhh i dont understand what postmodernism is waaaaahhhhhhh i left /pol/ for 5 minutes
>>
>>63137577
>"YOU STUPID TEENAGERS ONLY CARE ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS"
>"YOU'RE ONLY ABLE TO EXPRESS YOURSELF THROUGH APPEALS TO EMOTION"
>feelings obviously hurt
>vague assumptions, no logical appeals whatsoever, broad generalizations, red herrings
>about as mature as a teenager would be in this situation

go away, you're making the people who would actually have something to contribute to the discussion look bad.
>>
>>63135562
i saw animal collective the other night and they played a new song where avey tare just says "glip! glop.... glip. glop" a bunch and I thought that was pretty experimental
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.