[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why doesn't /mu/ like sophie/pc music they are the future
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: PRODUCT1200X1200.jpg (41 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
PRODUCT1200X1200.jpg
41 KB, 1200x1200
why doesn't /mu/ like sophie/pc music
they are the future of pop/electronic music. you don't want reddit to claim ?
>>
already kinda played out and getting more and more boring with each project
>>
But I do
>>
Its just another gimmick genre that no one will give a shit about in like a year
>>
Every one likes sophie. Don't you remember the hype around Bipp in 2014? He took a tumblr trend and mixed it with contemporary bass music. He captured the attention of both the trap scene and the UK's underground bass music scene. If you're into trap, wonky, uk garage, art pop, grime, etc you'll like sophie.

His recent collaboration with charli xcx has made it even more accessible to the mainstream. The Aesthetic meme is growing, too bad vapor wave will never get this kind of hype.
His recent
>>
>>63121358
he's boring, unoriginal and completely disingenuous
just another Madeon / Porter Robinson-type J-pop-loving hack
>>
>>63121572
nobody is better than him atm. he's changing pop music
>>
>>63121619
he's changing nothing, he's just rehashing other people's sounds from 2007-2010
>>
>>63121396
This I feel like the PC music super sterile sound is becoming more the norm for mainstream music leaving the genre feeling stale
>>
I made a thread about pc music a while ago and some tool told me something along the lines "ugh, this is soo yesterday, fuck off".
So yeah, shitty fanbase
>>
>>63121660
sources pls or something
I havn't heard anybody like sophie since tnght but they quit
>>
>>63121694
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX5NaEGalOE
>>
>>63121748
this is good. but sophie sounds like an upgrade compared to that
>>
>>63121881
nah
besides, however you look at it, his sound isn't at all original
this is better in every way https://clyp.it/dtmyigxx
>>
>>63121748
sounds nothing like SOPHIE tbqh
>>
>>63122099
who is this? pretty fucking good
>>
>>63122251
Koutei Camera Girl - Tomorrow girl Secret
>>
>>63122273
>Koutei Camera Girl - Tomorrow girl Secret
thx now I see your point. he's just made this stuff trendy and accessible to the wonky crowd. thx senpai
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.