[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We can all agree on this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1.png (608 KB, 384x960) Image search: [Google]
1.png
608 KB, 384x960
We can all agree on this
>>
>>63113550
kendrick lamar is shit like the readioheads? hmm yes i agree
>>
when he followed up an album that was well-executed but largely standard and conventional for the genre with a heavily concept driven and acclaimed epic i figured it was just a coincidence
when he followed that up with an album that was less heavily concept driven and more "artsy" and "experimental" i started to get kinda suspicious
now that he's followed that up with an assortment of b-sides, i'm really starting to think that he's following radiohead's career trajectory on purpose
>>
>>63113692
He released the album for some basketball player.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 500x500
So is this On A Friday or something?
>>
tpab is less experimental relative to gkmc than kid a is to okc
>>
>>63113550
No, because The Bends is Radiohead's most overrated album whereas Section 80 is Kenny's most underated. Also Kid A is a solid 10 while TPAB is a 6.

OKC and GKMC are equally overrated though so you've got that right at least.
>>
Oh wow, just this morning I was listening the new Kendrick while showering and thinking "God some fag on /mu/ is gonna compare him to radiohead now"

I've been around here too long.
>>
>>63114770
>Section.80
>underrated
Why do people think this? It's his worst release, by far.
Which is also why >>63113550 is wrong, because The Bends was actually good.
>>
Except one is racist and the other is not
>>
>>63114964
Yeah, I thought Kid A was a bit racist too.
>>
Haven't heard Overly Dedicated. how is it like Pablo Honey?
>>
>>63114964
Can we quit the Kendrick is racist meme? Did you even listen to the fucking album? Guarantee you he doesn't support BLM, the whole point of the album is to quit wallowing in sorrow about supposed "injustice" and instead look inside yourself and figure out what individual skills you have that can contribute to society, and work your ass off to get there. I really don't understand how you can listen to it and think-
>Monty
Oh.
>>
What the fuck are you doing.
OD should be The King of Limbs
>>
>>63114991
Everything in its white place.
>>
>>63114999

some good tracks, glimpses of potential but not enough there overall
>>
i'm just sitting here waiting on kendrick's in rainbows
if is quality trajectory is anything like radio head's my cock's gonna burst
>>
>>63115886
Can I watch?
>>
>>63114964
well memed
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.