[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is the better artist, Kanye West or Dave Grohl?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3
File: 150612-Kanye-Grohl-640x427.jpg (72 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
150612-Kanye-Grohl-640x427.jpg
72 KB, 640x427
Who is the better artist, Kanye West or Dave Grohl?
>>
dave grohl

because kanye is overrated and gay
>>
>>63111909
Which one plays more instruments?
>>
they're both annoying egoists
>>
>>63111940

Solid meme.

>>63111909

I'm gonna say Kanye because College Dropout is better than any foo fighters album.
>>
>>63112086
>I'm gonna say Kanye because College Dropout is better than any foo fighters album.
Solid meme
>>
>>63112107

>liking foo fighters

Solid meme
>>
>>63112123
>liking music
solid meme
>>
Early-Foo Fighters is better, later Foo Fighters is equally as garbage.
>>
>>63111909
Kanye is a visionary, Grohl is kust a follower of the dad rock cult.
>>
College Dropout, Late Reg, and MBDTF are better than every single Foo Fighters album, and the only Nirvana album better than those three is the one that Dave Grohl wasn't on
>>
>Which is a better forum, KTT or /r/Music?
It really makes no difference, honestly. They're both dogshit.
>>
Kanye definitively.
>>
>>63112135
>meme
Solid meme
>>
Kanye fucking easy

Grohl is awful, I remember a buddy of mine showing me an episode of that shit he did on HBO and at one point there was a shot of the lyrics he was writing for a song. The lyrics began with fucking 1-2-3-4 he actually wrote that shit down holy hell
>>
>>63112358
Yes.
>>
>>63111909

Dave Grohl
>>
Grohls the better musician

Ye's the better artist
>>
They're both only famous because of someone much more talented than them, but Kanye has made some good music on top of that whereas Grohl has only made diarrhea.
>>
>>63112477
Who is the much more talented person that "made Kanye famous"?
>>
>auteur with no bad albums vs a pretty good drummer
>>
>>63112526
Who do you think?
>>
>>63112561
I think you're thinking of Jay-Z but I also think that Ye is way more talented than Jay
>>
Kanye is the Metal Gear Solid of mainstream music
Foo Fighters are the COD: Ghosts of mainstream music
>>
kanye is attention whore talentless tool who probably doesn't even write his own shitty pop music

grohl is drum legend and good songwriter
>>
>>63111909
>reddit: the rapper
>reddit: the rockstar
>>
>>63112571
Only if you consider having on-demand access to some of the greatest producers and artists in the world to be "talent." I'm not saying Kanye doesn't have any, but if you remove his hundreds of collaborators, it's nothing incredibly notable.
>>
>>63112673
>Hundreds of collaborators
>What is College Dropout
>What is Late Registration
>>
>>63112123
>>63112146
>>63112607

>thinking Dave Grohl is just Foo Fighters

c'mon guys you can meme harder than this
>>
>>63112779
Dave literally wrote one nirvana song.

Sure, he's a decent drummer but that's nothing without other instruments.
>>
>>63112269
>>63112669
Basically
>>
>>63112380
Music = lyrics

retarded desu
>>
File: 1371856125691.jpg (5 KB, 192x154) Image search: [Google]
1371856125691.jpg
5 KB, 192x154
>>63112934
>>
>>63112808
Factually incorrect
>>
>>63112714
Who are
>Rhymefest
>Jon Brion
>Jay-Z himself

Also can't forget that Kanye benefited from mainstream hip-hop being in such an awful place when he entered the scene. Anything with ambition and pop appeal could have played the same role.
>>
>>63113155
Jay-Z was on one fucking song on LR dude. And Rhymefest has no writing credits on LR. Sure, Jon Brion helped produce some songs, but I'm not quite sure I understand the "Ye had some featured rappers and some co-producers therefore he's not as talented as Jay-Z" argument when Jay's albums have more features and more production credits (and Jay doesnt even produce)
>>
>>63113323

Jay-Z got big off of Biggie anyway.

At least when Kanye broke through he was doing something different.
>>
Whether successful at fulfilling them or not, Kayne actually has artistic ambitions, whereas Dave Grohl just wants to make cool buttrock for dudes who like to ROCK so Kanye
>>
>>63113323
Easy. Jay is the better rapper, hands down. Kanye has one simplistic, predictable flow that's he's practiced just enough to almost stay on beat with it. Lyrically he's on par with Hov when he's at his best, but far, far lower at his worst. I consider Jay-Z's top-decile rapping skills to outweigh Kanye's top-quartile production and mid-level rapping. Jay-Z doesn't produce, and he gives other rappers spots on his records, but having a good feature doesn't improve your own rapping, whereas having co-producers can obviously improve your production.
>>
The one that plays instruments
>>
Grohl has been involved with more classic music than West, so I'd pick him.
>>
>>63111909
Dave. he actually plays a fucking instrumebt. not just rapping like Kanye.
>>
>>63113379
I can kinda agree with this even if i don't like Kanye music
>>
Grohl by far, and i dont even hate kanye
>>
>>63111909
Grohl for sure
>>
I'll just say it

Even Dave "Rock Cliche Gispacho" Grohl is a better lyricist than Kanye "Bleached Asshole" West
>>
>>63113379
>>63115211
>If I don't like it, it has no ambition
>>
musically? Debatable.

culturally? Kanye, without a doubt

kids don't listen to rock and roll, Ye was right when he said rappers are the new rockstars
>>
i still am amazed at the attention and love kanye gets.

i literally can't stand to hear his voice on his songs. i mean he has good production. but endless threads, and all hip hop goat i just dont get.

but then again, i'm white, and view hip hop as entertaining but nothing to be respected
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (177 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
177 KB, 1920x1080
weeeeeeell grohl absolutely wrecked it on my fav rock album of all time, pic related, as well as like 7 others worth mentioning, but i've never loved a foos record and i feel like if kanye weren't a million miles up his own ass he's the better songwriter and artist in terms of creativity. it's a shame he's literally become what memes of him were 3 years ago
>>
>>63115483
>kids are the only important demographic
There are literally more people who like Grohl-affiliated music than West-affiliated music simply because West is 1) a newer artist and 2) caters to a smaller demographic as a whole.

Nice try though. .
>>
>>63115483

but that is because the internet ruined any depth of musicianship - all that matters now is grabbing people for a quick soundbite and/or something that can be played or remixed for a club

thats why rock and music generally has debased entirely to the most superficial pop/hip hop.

and also thats why dave has done as well as he has post nirvana - a few of his songs have real depth, but most was pop radio fodder. and with radio not mattering anymore, there's nothing
>>
>>63115545
nobody is standing by and waiting for a new foo fighters song to listen to it the second it drops

rap and hip hop are bigger and more relevant than rock and its subgenres
>>
>>63115791
>nobody is standing by and waiting for a new foo fighters song to listen to it the second it drops
Of course there are. Just because they're not 16 like you, doesn't mean they don't exist
>rap and hip hop are bigger and more relevant than rock and its subgenres
If you are a teenager, sure.
>>
>>63115791
>nobody is standing by and waiting for a new foo fighters song to listen to it the second it drops
>rap and hip hop are bigger and more relevant than rock and its subgenres

ya but people looking forward to kanye west albums are morons
>>
>>63112269
THIS
>>
Gonna go with Dave on this one. Actually plays instruments and makes music. He's somewhat of a.. Hmm.. Creative Genius. :^)
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.