[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's surprisingly good country. Kinda typical radio cowboy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: image.png (509 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
image.png
509 KB, 499x499
It's surprisingly good country. Kinda typical radio cowboy stuff in some parts but he mixes it up with some post-punk/alternative influences. Think Wilco mixed with Swans mixed with George Strait. The final 2 tracks have an almost psychedelic dub feel. Aldean uses a wide range of influences and merges it with a classic country twist to create something unique yet familiar. I couldn't recommend it enough.

Protip: Smoke a few bowls to this and it'll become clear.
>>
Get penised.
You dreamgis wannabe.
>>
i see a lot of people on /mu/ claim to be aldean fans, but i bet NONE of you own one of his official calendars like i do!
>>
>>63109768
Oh my fucking god shut the fuck up
>>
>>63110103
:3
>>
> Think Wilco mixed with Swans mixed with George Strait.

Oh you mean Wovenhand's last album?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV9iLdjYHoQ
>>
>>63109768
This album is definitively a wild trip. Played this last night after smoking a few bowls and downing some Jacky D. The nailing of some ladies in the poontang was the icing on the cake as the reverberations of Aldeans country twangs and flavours transported me to another realm of enlightenment. If you haven't experienced this albun you really don't deserve to be on this board.
>>
SMOKE ROLLIN OUT THE WINDOW
AN ICE COLD BEER SITTIN IN THE CONSOLE
>>
>>63109768

Wow you're still trying to force this album for some reason.

You must have a really boring life.
>>
>>63110503
> mad at memes
>>
>>63110525

I'm not mad, I'm bewildered. I'm trying to understand why would someone keep doing this. What kind of enjoyment does this produce to a person.
>>
File: miranda lambert.jpg (73 KB, 599x464) Image search: [Google]
miranda lambert.jpg
73 KB, 599x464
>>63110547
no shit

Why can't Miranda be the new country meme, she's actually pretty good and way easier on the eyes
>>
>>63110613
>way easier on the eyes
Anon...
>>
>>63110613

She can be if you force it every day.
>>
>>63110681
>forcing Miranda every day

brb, rubbing one out
>>
>tfw from the south and know people who unironically love this shit and bro country in general
>>
>>63111633
>not using this to your advantage
cmon m8 time to get laid
>>
Near the pinnacle of modern music, Jason Aldean's repertoire is so unfairly glazed over in this overly pretentious board as to make me sick, but to make such beautiful, inspiring works into mere political statements (though that they are, in part) would be to reduce one of the most amazing careers in music ever to nothing more than that of a typical "whiskey sippin' redneck", and that treatment may be a fate even worse than public ignorance.

The works on display in Old Boots, New Dirt are titanic. "Just Gettin' Started" opens the set, and immediately, it is revealed that there is such a thing as a populist minimalist. But that is the name of the game for Aldean - a shatterer of preconceived notions, and one of the very few in the avant-garde to make John fucking Cage seem conservative by comparison. I could go on for days about how "If My Truck Could Talk," though the worst of the set, far outstrips the careers of most modern composers entirely; how "Miss That Girl" is a more "classical" approach for Aldean, and it succeeds endlessly; how the three highly political deluxe edition bonus tracks could easily be called the greatest triptych ever conceived in music; and how the chorus of "Tonight Looks Good On You" separates the most impactful bars of music I've yet heard.

But I won't.
>>
>>63111658
he didnt write one song on this album
>>
>>63111633
>tfw aldean is from your state
>same state as numerous other country greats
feels patrician
>>
File: PastedGraphic-1.png (433 KB, 551x551) Image search: [Google]
PastedGraphic-1.png
433 KB, 551x551
>>
>>63111650
Not that anon (I'm form North Dakota - Why does the south think it has a monopoly on being 'country'?) but please tell me how this works.

i try with girls round here all the time, and it just don't work as well as my game works with girls from the city who can actually converse about a variety of shit, not just the same 10 songs they play on the new country radio.

I swear to god, I was having a conversation with a chick like a month ago and Dirt Road Anthem came on the jukebox so i tried talking about George Jones with her and she got the most obvious glazed over uninterested look I've ever seen and then the conversation at least moved to how bad Florida Georgia line sucks at least.

Still didn't get none though...
>>
>>63111724
lies
>>
>>63109768
>weed required

dropped
>>
>>63109809
such a twitter ass post
>>
File: fraud.jpg (102 KB, 907x489) Image search: [Google]
fraud.jpg
102 KB, 907x489
>>63111817
>>
>>63111866
>wikipedia

lmao nice "source"
>>
File: burnitdown.png (71 KB, 854x781) Image search: [Google]
burnitdown.png
71 KB, 854x781
>>
File: mcfuck.jpg (49 KB, 360x261) Image search: [Google]
mcfuck.jpg
49 KB, 360x261
>>63111894
>>
>>63111866
you are all now aware that Chris Stapleton's songs even he didn't like are better than the best of Jason Aldean
>>
>>63111814
>George Jones
nah m8 just stick with luke bryan,jason,sam hunt and garth brooks
don't even go into depth about why you like them. just show you're a fan. they will just auto assume you're a wholesome good ol god loving boy and rest is history
works for me and I live in florida
>>
>>63111922
I want to kick that nigger's ass for lumping George Strait in that shit pararde
>>
>>63111967
maybe the women in FL are just total sluts (I dunno, but I generally have a low opinion of people from more southern, warmer climates so I assume they are) but if girls here put out just because you listen to new country, they would be more wrecked than a two dollar Tijuana whore.

EVERYBODY up here listens to new country, that distinguishes about as much from the next swinging dick as wearing boots - which is to say not at all.

Maybe FL chicks are just relieved you don't listen to Pitbull like everyone else there?
>>
>>63112072
I live in a redneck farm money town and hip hop/trap and edm is slowly taking over as the popular choice and atheism also.
alot of churches have closed down and shit(Vote trump signs all around). In the city nobody gives a shit. but around these farm girls who work at horse ranches, liking country sets you apart from the guy who tries to be a wigger.
fucked up town but living here is cheap af.
>>
>>63111967
>luke bryan,jason,sam hunt

These are all dudes girls are into. I've yet to meet a male who likes luke bryan or sam hunt, it's always females.
>>
>>63112312
You should move to the Upper Plains
The Dakotas, Wyoming, and Montana are wide open and country as fuck, still. You won't find much wigger shit up here, I'll tell you that (Well maybe some oil field trash that leaves soon or in Minot or Fargo, etc)

as for religion, people still go to church up here, but only on sunday mornings. Lutherans don't tend to feel the need to be loud and obnoxious in their beliefs like Southern Baptists or Evangelicals do.

Again it really kinda chafes at me that 'country' music is so Southern, when parts of the north are way more country

have you heard Corb Lund?
>not his best but his most 'country' and acessible perhaps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDY6bWT5oTM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79llXVDWbCQ
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.