[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are /mu/'s thoughts on Weezer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
File: weezer.jpg (345 KB, 1020x1024) Image search: [Google]
weezer.jpg
345 KB, 1020x1024
What are /mu/'s thoughts on Weezer?
>>
Fuck you Rivers, you faggot.
>>
File: violentfemmes-306-1363701551.jpg (127 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
violentfemmes-306-1363701551.jpg
127 KB, 306x306
>>
I like the first two albums a lot. They remind me of when I was a loser in high school. I'm still a loser, of course, but now I go to college.

New album sounds pretty good, but I don't know if they can ever have a real return to form, seeing as Rivers is an old fart now.
>>
>>63105542
Everytime I see a Weezer thread I think about that post where that guy went backstage and had that weird balloon fetish moment with Rivers.
>>
>>63105573

What?
>>
Pinkerton > Blue > Green > Hurley > Maladriot > EWBAITE > Red > Make Believe > Raditude
>>
Part of that weird curse that some bands have like The Strokes and Interpol where they make two great albums, fall hard, and then come back to make a decent album that's not their best but better than it was
>>
>>63105573
God damn it Rivers.
>>
>>63105573

To be fair, I'd be pretty mad if I brought someone to my fetish cave and they DIDN'T have fun.
>>
Blue > Pinkerton > EWBAITE > Make Believe > Green > >DTFM > Hurley > Maladroit >>>> literal shit >>>>>>>>>> Red > Raditude (worst album I've ever heard)
>>
TheTwoThatYouOnlyNeedToListenTo-tier
>Blue Album
>Pinkerton

Great-tier
>SBH
>EWBAE

Good-tier
>Green Album

>Okay-tier
>Malodroit
>Hurley

Forget the rest.
>>
I think pinkerton holds a special part in every /mu/tant's heart, just because it's an album that perfectly consolidates how much of a loser we all are
>>
>>63105559
I only recently listened to Blue, and it shot me back into junior high and high school. It was a pretty surreal experience listening first time through.
>>
radio disney-core
>>
Rivers really needs to start a new project. Singing about girls, clubbing, and partying is not something someone who is nearly fifty should be doing.
>>
>>63105537
They're cool, Pinkerton and Blue Album are great
>>
they're my favorite band
>>
>>63105537
GOD
>>
File: rivers.jpg (29 KB, 470x554) Image search: [Google]
rivers.jpg
29 KB, 470x554
>>63105779

DAMN YOU HALF JAPANESE GIRLS
>>
Blue Album - Best Riffs
Pinkerton - Best Solos
>>
>>63105779
>>63105787
>has half-japanese daughter

pottery
>>
File: weezer_snuggie-compressed.jpg (28 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
weezer_snuggie-compressed.jpg
28 KB, 500x333
>>63105787
DO IT TO ME EVERY TIME
>>
File: Rivers.jpg (59 KB, 1200x674) Image search: [Google]
Rivers.jpg
59 KB, 1200x674
So what do you nerd think of one of the singles off the upcoming album ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_Wu6lI-42w

Shit sounds like some pre-pinkerton stuff or a B-side off Songs from the black hole
>>
File: Cuomoing intensifies.jpg (67 KB, 554x450) Image search: [Google]
Cuomoing intensifies.jpg
67 KB, 554x450
>>63105823
OH THE RED HEAD SAID TO SHRED THE CELLO
>>
>>63105846
they're pretty good. I'm really hyped for a weezer album. It's crazy that 4 years ago I never expected that I'd say that again.
>>
If you hate the Blue Album, you hate fun.

If you hate Pinkerton, you did not have a /mu/ approved high school experience.
>>
>>63105846
Do You Wanna Get High? is my least favorite of the new tracks. It feels like a regression to the halfhearted "we're going back to our roots" Red days. I have no idea why people like this song as much as they do.

1. Thank God For Girls
2. California Kids
3. LA Girlz
4. King of the World
5. DYWGH
>>
Anyone have that gif of Cuomo playing the drums?
>>
>>63106028
>gif
stopped reading there
>>
>>63105583
Blue > Pinkerton > Maladroit > Red > EWBAITE > Hurley/DTFM >>>> Raditude >>>>>>>>>>> Make Believe > Green

Honestly how the fuck can anyone stand Green, I fucking hate it and Weezer are one of my fav bands
>this album makes me ill
>>
>>63105846
I like them all desu. DYWGH and TGFG are personal highlights. If this album is as good as EWBAITE I will be content, but it's shaping up to be even better
>>
>>63105846
>Good
LA Girlz (pretty ironic to hear Cuomo telling somebody else to act their age tho)
TGFG
DYWGH?
>Mediocre
California Kids
KOTW

That said, so far no downright bad tracks (unlike EWBAITE)
>>
I can't get some of the opinions in this thread, never got why Pinkerton was rated so highly.

Green>Blue>Red>Pinkerton

Photograph is such a great fucking song
>>
awful overrated meme band with only one """good""" album.
>>
ultimate for gays and losers
>>
>>63105603
But the Strokes never really had a BAD album, only ones that didn't live up to the hype. Albums such as Raditude are bad regardless of the expectations leading up to it.
>>
they fucking suck but I love them

Blue and Pinkerton are GOAT
Maladroit is underrated
Green has a soft spot in my heart and reminds me of being a kid

everything else is forgettable
>>
They're my favorite band

Blue = Pinkerton > EWBAITE > Green > Make Believe > Red > Maladroit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hurlitude

The White Album is shaping up to be pretty great, I'm hype
If anyone wants some Blue & Pinkerton Memories bootlegs let me know
>>
thell be fine
>>
>>63105537
SO OBVIOUSLY INSANE
>>
File: 1453407908655.gif (395 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1453407908655.gif
395 KB, 500x500
Still waiting for the day when weezer's new album is as good as the blue album.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 307x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 307x300
>>63111987
Wait no longer
>>
Rivers Cuomo is way too concerned with being popular and likable. That's why they started making shit music and acting like Pinkerton was a bad album. Reading interviews with him can actually be really sad when you consider the context of the band. Rivers hated that an album with personal stuff on it didn't sell, and turned into a parody of himself to keep selling records.
>>
>>63105846
That one is my favorite, I like Thank God for Girls too. Pretty hyped for the white album desu. Could be their best in a long time.
>>
>>63105537
/mu/ thinks that weezer is one of the best band ever and they still rockin'
>>
Anyone ever read the Pinkerton Diaries? Pretty interesting stuff
>>
If you imagine that the only albums they made were Blue, Pinkerton, Songs From The Black Hole, and maybe Green, then they are pretty great
Unfortunately they pumped out a steady stream of garbage for years so overall they are mediocre
>>
>Pink>Blue>SFTBH>Maladroit>EWBAITE>Green>Red>Raditude>Make Believe>Hurley>DTFM
>>
>>63112061
As much as I hate him for it, I'd probably do the same.

Rivers is a fucking dweeb who's insecure deep down.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.