[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NIN General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 470x313
>favourite three b-sides/remixes?
>>
At the Heart of it All
The New Flesh
Even Deeper (Love Dub) by Telefon Tel Aviv
>>
Self bump
>>
>>63098811
Home
And All That Could Have Been
10 Miles High
Immigrant Song
Burn

>sorry, 3 is hard!
>Non Entity, there's 6

Hola!
>>
What did I miss last time?
>>
File: 1455655944726.jpg (41 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1455655944726.jpg
41 KB, 550x550
>>63098811
>RIP analyst
>>
>>63100011
Hey!
Not much, I don't think. The last few threads have been so quiet haha
>>63101109
I'm still here...?
>>
>>63099964
>And All That Could Have Been
>10 Miles High
>Burn
Great songs :D!

If I had to decide on three I'd probably go with:
>AATCHB
>Closer (Further Away)
>Ruiner (Version)
>>
>>63101374
Definitely my favorite of the TDS versions, good list yourself

>>63101347
That's strange how the others were so comprehensive and this one's dead. Stir up controversy and they will come, but then again I think of /nin/ as a nice warm place.

I thought the thread died as soon as it began, thats how it goes most of the time with a lot of the good ones
>>
File: 1457213675690.jpg (1 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1457213675690.jpg
1 MB, 2000x2000
We should do a /mu/ NIN record
>>
File: MVH_log.jpg (565 KB, 1138x673) Image search: [Google]
MVH_log.jpg
565 KB, 1138x673
http://www.nin.wiki/Year_Zero_Research/Proven_Leads

Ever looked into this?
>>
>>63101483
>so comprehensive and this one's dead
Yeah, it's kind of disappointing too, the /hat/ one especially was so great. I guess it's hard to beat the classics, haha.
>a nice warm place
I see what you did there.
>died as soon as it began
Yeah, I had to self bump it, which I usually don't do. I hope it picks up a little, if it can.

>>63101543
How?
>>
>>63101687
Holy shit a lot of work went into YZ. Shame it wasn't as big a success monetary-wise as Trent had obviously hoped.
>>
>>63099964
these are all great songs. Love them all.
>>
>>63098811
And All That Could Have Been
Leaving Hope
And my favourite, Tetsuo: The Bullet Man Theme
>>
>>63101867
Oooh

>>63101837
I agree, I think he is planning on finishing that movie at some point.

>>63101704
I know I was shocked to see you self bump, it's a shame.

We can start a new thread if you want and Install a Friend can upload or I will.

Dubs decide song names, 69 decides album cover.
Try to do a ripoff or satire lol I want to see what people come up with. Covers even maybe

>>63101861
Thanks
>>
>>63101967
>movie
That'd be really cool if he did.

>shocked to see you self bump
Hahaha arghhhh I feel like I let you down by self bumping haha. How shameful of me.

>new thread
I'm all ears :D

>Dubs
>Install a Friend
>69
All went straight over my head, oops. I'm confused, what do you mean?
>>
>>63102111
I'll show you an example hold on 1 sec

>>63102111
It's all good you have to keep the preservation of /nin/ you're doing great

Dubs are post numbers ending with double digits such as 33, 44 or 66

Trips are ones that end with 000 333 and so on. A post that ends with 69 generally decides the album art via that photo that post contains

Once we have a track list people start claiming songs to record and when all are done we'll compile and upload it

>>63102111
It's all good you have to keep the preservation of /nin/!
>>
>>63076878

Example
>>
>>63102246
>>63102292
Ohhh I get it! Thanks!!
That'd be cool. If you want to make the thread I'll let you do it :)
>>
>>63102406
It's made >>63102609

This should be very interesting, hold your sides together analyst
>>
>>63102652
Cooooool. Thanks for making the thread!
>>
>>63098811

Burn (One of my favorite NIN songs as well)
While I'm Still Here - Breyer P-Orridge 'Howler' Remix
Throw This Away (from Fixed)
Burn
>>
>>63104123

Forgot to remove the 'Burn' on that last line.
>>
>>63104123
>Burn
It's such a good song, sounds like an offcut of TDS in all honesty. I wish I could find a better quality copy of the music video :(
>>
>>63104663

There's a music video? I thought it only showed up on Natural Born Killers.
>>
>>63104721
There is a music video :D but it's not mentioned a lot, and (I'm pretty sure) Trent has never given it an official release. I've seen it once or twice, and from what I could gather from the shitty quality of the youtube upload, it's really cool. I'll have to watch it again, actually.
>>
>>63104663
It's not on Closure?

>>63102820
Np, this is nuts, and it's making internet history.

>>63104123
Throw This Away was really good. I think the only Coil material I really enjoyed was on Fixed

Thanks for keeping the NIN threads up, we should join a forum on nin.com, is anyone on it already?
>>
>>63104779

Well, NIN has been dormant since 2013, so I doubt anyone has been up. Even when before Hesitation Marks was announced, NIN fans held on to The Slip and the remixes made for Year Zero, unlike what happened with HM. Hell, there was hardly any sort of aftermath for the album. The Tension tour was forgotten about quickly, despite it being a decent tour, and nobody really bothered making remixes for HM as much as they did for Year Zero.
>>
>>63104779
>It's not on Closure?
Nah, and I bought it under the impression that it was :( Imagine my unhappy surprise when I realised the last music video on the second tape was The Perfect Drug, not Burn. Ughhh.

>this is nuts, and it's making internet history
I am loving how all this memory is just adding hype for the new album, like the meme magic knows there's gonna be a new NIN album this year. We're gonna make /mu/ a bunch of ninners at this rate :D

>Throw This Away
Yeah, I really liked that one! Coil's mixes on Fixed were great overall, IMO.

>Thanks for keeping the NIN threads up
No problem, gotta spread the NIN love :) I haven't got an account on nin.com's forums, I should get one, though!
>>
>>63104751

https://vimeo.com/3685071

Is this it? If so, it really has that 'Broken' vibe. Pretty neat stuff.
>>
>>63104912
!!
Thanks so much for the link! I didn't even think to check Vimeo, haha! Awesome, thanks so much, man.
>>
>>63104987

No problem, mang, kinda neat that it came from the official NIN channel on Vimeo too.
>>
>>63105064
>kinda neat that it came from the official NIN channel on Vimeo too
Hahaha I feel like a massive dork for not realising until now. Thanks anyway, it's a great watch.
>>
>>63105152

Haha, it happens. I actually just noticed there was a NIN channel on Vimeo too.
>>
>>63105175
Did you end up watching the "Trent disses Limp Bizkit" clip I linked you to?
>>
>>63105291

Yeah, along with Marilyn Manson in the interview for Starfuckers, right?
>>
>>63105333
That's the one! Had me in stitches to be honest, it's such a thing of its time.

On a very related note, I've never thought of Trent's work as edgy, but Starfuckers kinda was an exception to that. It doesn't match up with the rest of The Fragile, and Marilyn Manson's appearance in the video was pretty pointless. My thoughts, anyways.
>>
File: violentfemmes-306-1363701551.jpg (127 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
violentfemmes-306-1363701551.jpg
127 KB, 306x306
>>
>>63105492

I honestly thought Starfuckers was a pissed off letter to Marilyn, but now I kinda don't know what to make of it. It doesn't really fit in with the Fragile's theme and it should've been left out as a single, like The Perfect Drug or something.
>>
>>63105598
>left out as a single
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. It's disappointing (and weird) that it was left on The Fragile, it just doesn't belong there at all :/
>>
>>63105657

True. However, I still think the song is pretty good for what it is.
>>
>>63105722
Yeah, I think I'd like it a lot more if it was a single on its own, I think that just me thinking about where it fits in with The Fragile kind of makes me think a little less of it.

Anyway, The Perfect Drug. What are your thoughts on it? I think the music video is extremely 90s (a.k.a. "dated") but it's a decent song.
>>
>>63105810

I don't like the music video, but the song itself is great. I'm a fan of drum n bass and the drum pattern from that song is a nod to the DnB of the era, so I like it as a niche song a lot.
>>
>>63105903
Ohh right, that makes sense. Cool, I didn't know that thing about the nod to DnB! That kind of gives the song a bit more meaning to me now that I know that, haha.
>>
Hey guys it's Trent Reznor here again, I'm bored and I've been playing around in the studio tonight, here's some scraps, it's not that good and I might not finish it https://clyp.it/4ls4dpuq
>>
>>63105943

Yeah man, check it out.

http://www.nin.wiki/The_Perfect_Drug_(song)

>>63105980

Mr. Reznor, if it really is you, can we pleeeaseeee get a timestamp?
>>
>>63105995
Thanks for the link! Will read now.

>>63105980
I'm pretty dubious, "Trent" has never gone on Anonymous in the past. I agree with Mr. 2014 dude, timestamp please?
The clyp sounds good, anyway.
>>
Genuine question here:
Is the Year Zero remix album worth checking out? I see it mentioned more often than one would expect.
>>
>>63106333
I'd check it out, because it's NIN, and all their remixes are goodtier, if not goidtier. I haven't heard it myself (not the biggest YZ fan, in all honesty- it might be my second least favourite album by them) but I have heard good things about it.
>>
What's the deal with all those NIN generals on /mu/, lately?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whVtrLrTWwE
>>
>>63106428
That video is GOAT. So many keks to be had.

>all these NIN generals
Well, blame me for 99% of those. I'm a massive ninner, /nin/ itself is great for actual discussion, and I'm spreading hype for the new album.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.