[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a legitimate 10/10 electronic album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: d.jpg (34 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
34 KB, 300x300
Is this a legitimate 10/10 electronic album?
>>
>>63092565
Yes. It's so fun, shit.
>>
>>63092565
House music.

The genre is called house.
>>
>>63092565
I loved it when it came out but now it's just a meme
>>
>>63092565
What I would give to understand what you guys see in this album.

Short Circuit? High Life? This is nauseatingly bad.
>>
>>63092565
French house is the post-grunge of electronica.
>>
>>63092655
>dont become successful, people wont talk about you, nobody cares
>become successfull, kids label you as a meme and skip legit discussion
whats the fucking point of doing anything? you only exist to shit on
>>
>>63092636
which is a genre of EDM
>>
>>63092704
>hating on short circuit
>>
>>63092839
EDM isn't a genre, its an umbrella term.
>>
>>63092897
...and House would fall under the umbrella term.
>>
>>63092955
Yes, a main genre in itself which happens to fall within a wide reaching umbrella term, I'm not seeing your point.
>>
It's just a 10/10 album period.
>>
>>63092897
Its not an umbrella term, is a viral marketing strategy for big corporations to finally sell dance music to american teenagers in the 2010s
>>
>>63092839
lol
>>
>>63092985
He called it an electronic album, which it is. Stop being so autistic.
>>
>>63093028
It was made with electronic instruments yes but within the genre of house music.
>>
>>63092773
Couldn't be a dumber statement. French House is one of the sexiest genres ever, whereas postgrunge is the festering afterbirth of another genre that itself wasn't even that good in the first place.
>>
>>63092565
This album is just unspeakably, shockingly bad. It's a fucking suffering of the mind. I don't want anything to do with it, at all. It doesn't even qualify as shit. It's the equivalent of shit taking a shit.

Even looking at the cover makes me cringe because I know of the musical diarrhoea that lies beneath.
>>
>>63093108
James?
>>
>>63093108
Well you know that's just like your opinion man
>>
>>63093096
French house is for pardner Fratboys with popped collars who take molly and go to American ''raves'' to fuck STD ridden sluts who think they're cutting edge listening to brostep and big room house now because nu-metal is dead.
>>
>when the bassline kicks in during One More Time

>the solo in Aerodynamic

>WHY DON'T YOU PLAY THE GAAAAAAAAME

>the perfect interlude that is Nightvision immediately after the bombast of Crescendolls

>the arpeggios in Superheroes along with that soaring synth

>I'LL MISS YOU MORE THAN ANYTHING IN MY LIFE
>I LOVE YOU MORE THAN ANYONE IN MY LIFE

>all of Voyager

>the melody in Veridis Quo

>the end of Short Circut

>DON'T MOVE
>YOU KNOW YOU NEED IT
>HEY I NEED IT TOO
>WELL ALRIGHT SO YOU NEED IT
>IT'S GOOD FOR YOU

this fucking album is incredible
>>
File: Folder.jpg (83 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
83 KB, 600x600
This one of course
>>
why do people get mad at >electronic music
>>
>>63093195
I love the first half so much but I've never paid too much attention to the back half. Should I give it another go?
>>
>>63094265
Definitely. I reccommend watching Interstella 55555 the whole way through, personally - it changes the way you hear the album.

It's not as consistent musically as the first half, but it's still got some damn good stuff on it.
>>
>>63094364
I've already watched Interstella 5555 once or twice and loved it.

It's just been awhile since I've heard anything beyond Superheroes that wasn't Face to Face.
>>
>>63094439
Give the album another listen - Voyager is one of the best songs on the album, and Too Long is a fantastic closer. It drags a bit if you're not really feeling it (hah) but if you get into it it's amazing
>>
>>63092565
>>63092565
the only 10/10 electronic album is starfucker - starfucker
>>
File: item.jpg (2 MB, 3543x3543) Image search: [Google]
item.jpg
2 MB, 3543x3543
>>63092565

try again m8
>>
>>63092835
Exactly
>>
>>63095196
100%
>>
Superheroes > High Life are the epitome of what I hate in Daft Punk, and electronic music in general.
Looping obnoxious and aurally displeasing noise for the backbone of the beat is so retarded. Using distorted vocal yelps as a beat is ugly. I remember buying this album at Sam Goody in 2001. And hearing those two songs made me cringe so hard that I almost swore off Punk music forever... good thing Good Charlotte came along to make Punk good.

But srsly. 2 terrible songs on an otherwise perfect album.
>>
The fact that so many books still name Daft Punk as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" electronic band ever only tells you how far electronic music still is from becoming a serious art. rock critics have long recognized that the greatest rock musicians of all times are Jimi Hendrix and The Beatles, who were the most famous and richest and best sellers of their times, and all times. rap critics rank the highly controversial Eminem over black rappers who were highly popular in ghettos around New York. Electronic critics are still blinded by commercial success. Daft Punk sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Rock critics grow up listening to a lot of rock music of the past, Rap critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Electronic critics are often totally ignorant of the Electronic music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that Daft Punk did anything worthy of being saved.
>>
>>63096030
Nice copypasta
>>
>>63092565
This album is horrible. Everything Daft Punk did besides Homework is god awful.

Also, when dealing with French house duos, please remember:
Pleb: Daft Punk
Hipster: Justice
Patrician: Air
>>
>>63096121
Both albums are actually good.

Homework is a better house album, Discovery is a better electronic album. Both are good though.
>>
RAM is my favorite Daft Punk album.
Discovery comes close though.
>>
>>63096223
>>63092636
>>
File: what.jpg (7 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
7 KB, 184x184
>>63092704
>Short Circuit
>bad
PLEB ALERT
>>
>>63093195
>the end of Short Circut
it's so good
it kinda feels like you're dying
>>
>>63097153
fuck off moldyass and justify the presence of High Life on a "10/10" album
>>
>>63092704
I bet you think the album is front loaded
>>63093195
You nailed it
>>
>>63097223
High Life is a god tier house track
>>
10/10 except for Veridis Quo
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.