[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NIN General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 297x418) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 297x418
>name your favourite and least favourite music video
>>
Favorite is by far the video for Starfuckers Inc
>>
>>63051771
>Starfuckers

Why? The video is pretty horribly edited, IMO. Manson's cameo is funny but doesn't save the cringey censorship. Trent also looks twice his age.
>>
I was relistening to the NIN discography on random and suddenly, I hear this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6MTavCFmJM

Holy shit, I think I might actually be liking the HM album
>>
>Favorite
Only or March of the Pigs
>Least Favorite
Starfuckers Inc.
>>
>>63054642
Hi! Analyst (and thread OP here, good to see you again!)

>link
One of the best remixes of HM, IMO.

>HM
It's grown on me a lot too, I guess I just needed to listen to it more than I had. >>63054688
>March of the Pigs
I love the overexposure of the footage quality in that. So cool.
>>
Analyst again, I might as well give myself a name other than Anonynous :P

I forgot to mention my own, haha.
>Favourite
Closer (it's a classic!)
>Least favourite
Starfuckers Inc. or Perfect Drug (it's a tie)
>>
>>63054783

Hey man, how's it going?

>>63054688

Starfuckers is pretty catchy, but I get why one wouldn't like it so much.
>>
>>63054851
Going well, you? Today's thread has been so quiet, haha.

>Starfuckers
I don't hate the song, but I really don't like the video. If it wasn't so shittily censored I'd probably like it a lot more. It had potential :(

>And when I - you off not a - will go to - it's really not so bad you know once you get past the - kisser

Thanks, MTV. :(
>>
>>63054913
Me btw, trip deleted for some reason
>>
>>63051468

Favorite: Pinion. The song itself isn't all that, but the fucking music video goes from 0-100 real fucking quick and I love it because of it.

Least favorite: Starfuckers. It's not the censorship that gets me, it's the fact that the style of it borrows too much from the 90s/early 00s goth cliche that wasn't really Trent's thing, even during his Broken/TDS tours.

>>63054913

It's a Thursday night, I'm guessing a lot of people are tired. Maybe this should be a weekly general held on Saturdays or something?
>>
>>63055180
>Pinion
Ooooh yeah that's a great one. I forget about it but it's so good! You're right, it does go from 0 to 100 super quickly, it's fantastic.

>goth cliche
Yeah, that's a very good point. IMO it's very un-NIN (is that even a word? Haha)

>Weekly general
That's a great idea!
>>
>>63055259

An honorable mention is Came Back Haunted. Say what you will about that song, but I think the music video was very neat. Especially after trying to make a comeback from his edgier days in a more subtle fashion.

Anyways, I'm good, just got back from going out after exercising. You?
>>
>>63055430
>Came Back Haunted
I think David Lynch directed that, it's a really awesome video. I need to watch it again now that you've reminded me!

I'm all right, it's really hot here and I just got off a stuffy train :( I hate midsummer haha.
>>
>>63055502

Damn, it's already midsummer there? Where are you from?
>>
>>63055530
Australia :D
>>
>>63055530
Well technically is early autumn, but the weather is hot enough to feel like midsummer.
>>
I've only recently checked out The Downward Spiral, do any other NIN nails releases compare?
>>
>>63055662
The Fragile or Further Down The Spiral are great albums to listen to after TDS. The Fragile is like a sequel, whereas FDTS is like a condensed version, but still with the same amount of energy.
>>
>>63055643
>>63055654

Ah, I see.

>>63055662

What did you like about The Downward Spiral?
>>
>>63055759
Thanks, will keep those in mind
>>63055897
The songs themselves all sounded very solid and realized and were all interesting in ways that aren't commonplace, and the entire album in itself is like a complete product in terms of how "together" it is. I especially like Mr Self Destruct, March of the Pigs, and Hurt. I also love the way Closer transitions into Ruiner and both the placement/timing and function of the title track in the context of the album.
>>
>>63056026

Try The Fragile up next. Year Zero if you like a consistent story of similar (violent) nature.
>>
>>63056026
>transitions into Ruiner
Yeah, that's a fantastic part. One of Trent's godtier moments IMO, haha. Legendary!

>>63056090
This.
>>
I just listened to with teeth and thought it was fantastic, I especially liked the slower piano bits like beside you in time and right where it belongs.

Any releases like those?
>>
>>63056171

Ghosts if you want piano solos and generally haunting instrumentals, The Fragile for feels.
>>
File: soundgardennintampa-578x385.jpg (43 KB, 578x385) Image search: [Google]
soundgardennintampa-578x385.jpg
43 KB, 578x385
>Survivalism
Shame about YZ in general though.

>The Perfect Drug
Jesus christ.

Popped my concert cherry like two years ago as a surprise from my sister. Setlist was more classics/safe stuff than anything but shit was gureito. Trent seemed angry as shit though.

>>63056171
Try Still, which is part of a live Fragile tour album iirc. Ghosts too.
>>
>>63056171
Still is great as well, has a whole lot of acoustic songs that are full of feels.
>>63056203
This as well.

I gotta head off, everyone. Got a bit of studying to do. See you later!
>>
>>63056293

See you next time, m8

>>63056263

>two years ago

m8, 2013 was 3 years ago
>>
>>63056313
>tfw 2013 was 5 years ago
>>
>>63056826

>tfw 2006 was 10 years ago
>tfw it actually was 10 years ago
>>
>Favorite
Closer
>Least Favorite
Starfuckers

Also, what you you guys think about Happiness In Slavery/the Broken movie in general?
>>
>>63058264

We had a discussion about that a few threads back. Overall consensus was that it was brutal, great and pretty surprising considering that it was meant for an actual release.
>>
The undedited fuck me like an animal video is thrilling. i hate them otherwise. they appeal to goth cutters.
>>
>>63058309

You mean the Closer music video? Yeah, that's a classic.

>they appeal to goth cutters

Eh...I'm honestly not quite sure about this. I thought the same thing before, but then when you look at Reznor's background, his PHM album debuted in 1989, right around the time where actual punk culture was dying down because the genre was becoming mainstream. Along with bands like Coil and Skinny Puppy, one could argue that NIN (along with the industrial genre) appealed to a new generation of punk kids with a bit of an electronic twist, not the pussy ass goths that came around a decade later.
>>
>>63058354
my mistake.
>>
>>63058363

No worries, it happens.
>>
Thread still alive? Nice!

>>63058264
>Broken/Happiness in Slavery
HiS video is so much more tame than the Broken movie. Trent has even gone on the record stating HiS is a Disney movie in comparison, haha. Broken's pretty brutally awesome.

>>63058309
Closer is great, man. Absolute classic.

>goth cutters
Like mr. 2014 said, I'm not really sure that's the case, haha. NIN's fanbase is pretty varied, I couldn't really stereotype them in one category if I had to.

>>63058354
This.
>>
http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/10/video-rewind-hard-copy-reports-on-trent-reznors-death/ there's an interesting story behind Down in it video btw...
>>
>>63059883
kek
the fbi were idiots
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.