[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post your mum and dads favourite artist/band
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: 1t93g.jpg (402 KB, 1359x949) Image search: [Google]
1t93g.jpg
402 KB, 1359x949
mum: U2
dad: PJ Harvey

they're swedish
>>
Dad: Mainly old Motown and old r&b.
Mom: Ranges from The Cure to Adele to Nickelback.
Dad is mexican, mom is lightskinned spaniard/mexican, both never learned any Spanish.
>>
Mom:Julien Clerc
Dad:Bob Sinclair
French pleb
>>
>>63015340
Mom: Oldies, Beach Boys, and hymns

Dad:he doesn't listen to music

Mom is Swedish and dad is from Romania
>>
>>63015340
Dad: Black Sabbath & Motörhead
Mom: Country music
>>
Mom: Whatever shitty soft poprock that was playing in the radio in 2012
Dad: Kenny G. I tried to introduce him to hard bop, bebop and some light free jazz. I'd say it was partially successful
>>
Mom: Dan Fogelberg, Fleetwood Mac

Dad: Jethro Tull, Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath

My mother is from Spain and my father is American with German and British decent
>>
>>63015407
>from Romania

He's a gypsy, right? If he was Romanian you'd just say he's Romanian, not "from Romania".
>>
mom: whatever top 40 hit is on this year, 80s hits and 90s house
dad: brazilian country music
>>
>>63015582
No, because my mom is from America but full blooded Swede, while dad is actually from Romania and is Romanian
>>
>>63015340
Mom: The Pope Francis album and Weezer's Blue Album
Dad: Nothing
>>
>>63015340
Mom: ABBA, The Carpenters, plus pretty much any Top 40 hit.
Dad: Boston, The Beatles, Peter Frampton, Alan Parsons Project, plus lots of 70s hits and other dadrock
>>
>>63015582
Who tf gives a shit if someone's dad is a gypsy, faggot
>>
>>63015582
>If he was Romanian you'd just say he's Romanian, not "from Romania".
Your autism is leaking.
>>
Dad: Paddy Reilly, The Dubliners and Masterless men
Mom died when I was young.
>>
>>63015747
>mom died when i was young
I'm sorry, anon
>>
>>63015768
It's ok.
>>
>>63015340
mum: Claude François
dad: nothing (he's 80% deaf anyway)
>>
Dad: Queen
Mum: Barbra Streisand
>>
Dad: James Taylor, Phil Collins, Sting, Genesis and Fleetwood Mac
Mom: Not quiet sure but she listens to anything pop of any decade.
>>
>>63015747
Tiochfaidh ar la my friend
>>
Mom: Neil Diamond, The Beatles, Mumford & Sons, Coldplay

Dad: Jeff Beck, and after that it gets tough. He appreciates a lot of artists but has never really proclaimed any one to be his favorite. Jeff Beck is the only one he'll bring up more than once and awhile while talking about music with him.
>>
>>63015340
who are these semen demons?
>>
>>63015617
>brazilian country music
:O any examples?
>>
My parents have an incredibly similar taste in music it's genuinely impressive. Both seem to have a near encyclopedic knowledge of pop music as well.

Both like: Gin Blossoms, The Smiths, Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Specials, Pulp, Trash Can Sinatras, Chemical Brothers, Fat Boy Slim, Bruce Springsteen, David Bowie, The Beach Boys, Gorillaz, Massive Attack, Marvin Gaye, Louis Armstrong, Happy Mondays, Elvis Costello, Rage Against the Machine

Dad likes more: U2, Weather Report, Oasis, Joy Division, New Order, N.W.A, Plan B, Tom Waits, Stone Roses, Neu!

Mum likes more: Fleet Foxes, Father John Misty, Lord Huron, Aztec Camera, The Skints, Toots and the Maytals, Billy Bragg, Kasai Allstarts, Blur
>>
my mum likes MBV, Fugazi, Big Black and Buzzcocks

i don't know about my dad, who i haven't seen in around ten years now
>>
>>63015648
>Mom: The Pope Francis album and Weezer's Blue Album
tell your mum i said hi and would like to get in touch
>>
Mum: 80's J-Pop, AKB48, Generally anything that shows up on Kouhaku
Dad: Led Zeppelin, Metric, Ellie Goulding, Taylor Swift, Becky, New Order, Shinedown
>>
>>63016457
does he still like Becky after she slept with that ratboy from Gero no Whatever
>>
Pa: Bruce Springsteen, 70's dad rock of varying quality

Ma: Big Chill Soundtrack
>>
>>63016477
Probably does. He always told me that he likes music only and doesn't give two shits about the people.
>>
Mum: likes new wave/post punk, trip hop, britpop and krautrock. Is also familiar with a lot of those uk industrial/experimental acts (throbbing gristle, current 93 etc.) favourite artist is David Bowie

Dad: likes prog rock, acid house and pre-90s hip hop/funk, favourite band iirc is Pink Floyd

Both are from Liverpool.
>>
Dad: Van Halen and Dire Straits
Mom: Fleetwood Mac and ABBA
>>
Mom: Marvin Gaye, Michael Jackson, Funkedelic
Dad: Talking Heads, U2

I'm mulatto if you couldn't tell
>>
>>63016555
whose music taste do you prefer?
>>
>>63016180
Not him, but probably this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpDYontXHrw
>>
File: steely-dan1.jpg (45 KB, 645x350) Image search: [Google]
steely-dan1.jpg
45 KB, 645x350
>>63015340
My parents are both white and educated New Englanders.

Mom: U2 (seeing a pattern here), Cake, Beck, Coldplay...she doesn't actually listen to a lot of music. Oh, Jack Johnson, and John Mayer.

Dad: Also likes Cake a lot, Steely Dan, Rolling Stones, Leon Bridges, Stevie Wonder, Allman Brothers, The Band, Wilco (after he and I saw them a few months ago), Phish (we live in Vermont), Santana, Jackson Browne, The Cars, Frank Zappa...lots more. He's like me, constantly listening to music, but he doesn't do a ton of contemporary stuff. More than other dads his age (he's 70). Of those, I think Steely Dan is probably his favorite, and they're also my favorite, so we get along pretty well.
>>
Mom: Anything on the Today's Hits radio
Dad: Pink Floyd, Elvis Costello, Root Boy Slim
>>
Dad: Sandy denny/ fairport convention, Bob Dylan, various other hippy folkish stuff

Mum: Leonard Cohen, gorillaz, bowie
>>
My parents never really listened to music. They threw away all the vinyls they got from their parents because they "took too much space".
I was too young to stop this madness.
>>
>>63015340
Mum: Elvis
Dad: ACDC
Lol
>>
mom: Phil Collins, Bruno Mars, Elton John, Michael Buble
dad: Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Styx, Foo Fighters

both white as fuck
>>
File: cover.jpg (47 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
47 KB, 600x600
Mom: savage garden, currently going through a country music phase three years running. She's 58.

Dad: dad rock, at one point I think it was queen, maybe aerosmith. Now just classic rock radio stations. He's 57.
>>
Mom: Marco Bosato
Dad: David Bowie
>>
Mom: Anything with synths from the '80s, especially Modern Talking and OMD
Dad: Prog rock: Pink Floyd, Jean Michel Jarre, Supertramp, The Alan Parsons Project

Breddy gud imho
>>
Mom: Nickelback
Dad: Black Flag

My Dad used be a punk but now he spends his free time watching anime.
>>
Dad is The Specials and Mum is ABBA.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.