[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Painting With
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: Painting With Score.png (950 KB, 2200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Painting With Score.png
950 KB, 2200x1200
>6.2 from Pitchfork
>5 from the The Needle Drop
>74 from Basementality

Who got it right? Did anyone?

http://basementalitymedia.com/2016/03/01/painting-with-album-review/
>>
I gave it an 8.5 on RYM.
>>
>>63000810
the anon is always right
>>
>>63000773
not familiar with basementality and i'm not clicking your link in case your trying to market your shitty music review blog, but i'd give PW an 8/10
>>
>>63000773
Stop shilling your shit site.
>>
i got it right. "i enjoyed it, although its not without some flaws" - my review.
>>
I got it right
9/10
>>
Pitchfork got it right desu. Or Fantano even.
>>
It's a 7-7.5 imo
>>
>>63000773
Music is subjective
>>
>>63000857
literally anything
>>
Has anyone read this? I like it more than Pitchfork's take on the album (though obviously I'm biased for liking it more than they did)
>>
>>63002109
true, but /mu/ likes to be edgy about shit and claim otherwise
>>
>>63002121
no i dont enjoy just anything, anon. close try though
>>
>site gives TLOP a 79
>gives painting with a 74

what
>>
Avclub
>>
>>63002690
With a B? Nah
>>
>>63002690
lol no
>>
Why is this review actually accurate? Not that anyone will read a shilled article
>>
>>63002890
the actual review was pretty good though
>>
>>63000810
This is not possible
>>
>>63000773
>Basementality
literally fucking who?
also
>74
>>
>>63004987
...out of 100
>>
I'd give it a six honestly. It would have been an eight if it weren't tainted by Panda Bear's shitty songs, as all of Avey Tare's tracks are pretty damn good. It's like Panda Bear turned into Kyary Pamyu Pamyu on this album.
>>
7/10

avey tracks are on point

panda tracks suck except hocus pocus

if the entire thing was by avey would probably be 9/10
>>
>>63000773
I agreed with mostly everything with what Anthony Fantano said in his review, though I'd lean more with 6/10

It felt like a really bland solo project
>>
>>63005169
Which songs are the panda ones?

I honestly think the only below average songs are Hocus Pocus, Natural Selection and Summing the Wretch, and even of those only the last one is truly "bad"
>>
I WAS FOLLOWING THE
I WAS FOLLOWING THE
I WAS FOLLOWING THE
I WAS FOLLOWING THE
I WAS FOLLOWING THE
>>
>>63005227
congrats you named the panda tracks

also on delay

vertical/lying in the grass could be either but they're probably avey tracks
>>
>>63005244
oh lol gotcha. I really like on delay though, a lot. but yes those other songs don't quite fit and are not really listenable outside of the context of the album.

Still think the album is a really good 8 though, still listening regularly
>>
>>63005244
Vertical is Avey and Lying In the Grass is Panda.
>>
daily reminder that recycling is underrated!!!

>>63005244
on delay is avey's
>>
>>63005921
it sounds like a panda song. Is there any instance where they said otherwise? Keep in mind this is the first time they wrote songs for each other so you can't just use whoever did the main vocals
>>
>>63005987
Nigga, it sounds like Avey. It sounds like Lion In a Coma, which was Avey.
>>
>>63006294
it doesn't sound like LiaC at all
>>
>>63006321
It's almost the same melody.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.