[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the absolute loudest concert you've ever been to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 8
File: invincible.jpg (9 KB, 332x150) Image search: [Google]
invincible.jpg
9 KB, 332x150
What's the absolute loudest concert you've ever been to?
>>
A metal show in a basement. I thought this one band had a cool shoegaze thing going on, but it turned out my ears were just ringing really loudly.
>>
probably Neurosis
>>
death grips. not meming desu
>>
File: 0.jpg (39 KB, 631x535) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
39 KB, 631x535
>>62987540
does anybody else feel like their back is about to break if you´re standing still in a heavy metal or rock concert for more than hour, i have no fucking idea whats going on when it happens
>>
>>62987576
I became a different person at Daily Gays
>>
Death Grips. I did not wear earplugs and that was a mistake. Ringing in my ears for three days, honestly thought I had fucked up my hearing forever
>>
Lightning Bolt
>>
I know it's p. pleb but I saw Exision once back in '11 at this tiny ass venue. I could hardly breath because the bass and the sound was so intense.

Everything was muffled for about a week
>>
File: stc.png (119 KB, 355x348) Image search: [Google]
stc.png
119 KB, 355x348
>>62987636
u weak
>>
Gira and King Buzzo are certified ear raping machines. Please practice safe hearing people. I'm not joking.
>>
Swans
>>
Death From Above 1979. Was even louder than The Deftones, who played after them
>>
>>62987540
i got permanent tinnitus after seeing boris with no earplugs

it's been 2 years
>>
>>62988222
that sucks man
>>
why don't you guys wear ear protection?
>>
>>62987959
>Gira
>raping machine
Oh wow
>>
>>62987636
maybe you need better shoes

maybe you're too fat
>>
File: 0810002245.jpg (249 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
0810002245.jpg
249 KB, 1600x1200
It's a tie between Boris in Detroit in 2010 or HELL in the very small basement of The Wisp House in Salem, OR last year.

I came close to puking after both.
>>
The Melvins
>>
MBV at All Tomorrow's Parties, too loud really, not fun
>>
Sunn O))), Swans, Boris in that order
Sunn was more like a physical experience than an acoustical
>>
>>62987540
Machine Head last year, My ears were ringing for two days they played for 2 1/2 hours
>>
so basically i should bring earplugs to concerts
just in case
>>
merzbow. not surprising desu
>>
fang island was alittle too loud for me
>>
>>62988769
What did people look like who went there?¨

Everyone a turbohipster?
>>
Even though is this a >meme,
Death Grips in NYC. Webster Hall was NOT MADE for them.
>>
My Bloody Valentine, but only at the end.
>>
Full of Hell

>guitarist spends 5 mins just fucking around with the feedback
>some pleb next to me yells "i think his guitar is broken"
>>
Went to the AC/DC Rock or Bust concert in 2015
The music was so fucking loud and distorted I had to cover my ears if I wanted to comprehend what I was listening to
Really disappointing
>>
>>62988900
nah most jsut normal and some neckbeards
>>
autechre weren't loud in the usual fashion like sunn o))) or mbv or many of the other artists mentioned itt, but the bass literally made my teeth hurt. felt like a full-frontal assault.
>>
>>62989081
this
saw them live a bunch of people left early
>>
test
>>
Sufjan Stevens
Not joking, was first row at Sydney Opera House, the end of 'fourth of july' and the end of the final song was actually ridiculous the room was shaking.
>>
>>62989081
Yess I saw Autechre in November .. bassy as fuck
>>
Either Gallows or The Dillinger Escape Plan, although I think that was down to the venues rather than the bands
>>
>>62989216
>>62989292
lol I thought it was fucking ace and heavy as hell (and surprisingly groovy at points) but I overheard so many people in the crowd saying stuff like "is this a fucking joke? are these dudes for real?"
>>
mbv by far, the holocaust section was ridiculous

someone at the front literally passed out, not even memeing
>>
File: staer.jpg (3 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
staer.jpg
3 MB, 1500x1500
Staer, a Norwegian noise rock band
The first time I saw them, I didn't understand what the fuck was happening.
The second time was one of the best shows I've ever been to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=210hXR3__po
>>
>>62987540
Down at a festival, wasn't even a main stage. Most fucking loud thing I've ever heard, getting closing than like 50m was already close enough. And I've been to massive concerts of Metallica, AC/DC, Foo Fighters, The Who etc as well

>>62987636
weak back muscles senpai
>>
Saw Nero in a church hall and didn't think I'd make it out alive
>>
>>62988769
Same here. When he did the soundcheck, I shit you not, the whole building vibrated. They even gave you ear plugs at the entrance.

>>62988900
Art students when I was there. But then again, it was in Berlin.
>>
>>62987540
Easily swans
>>
>>62988144
I saw them on that tour at the Susquehanna Bank Center, wasn't too loud cause I had lawn seats
>>
>>62987636
I actually kinda have a reverse problem

Standing for around an hour makes my back really sore, probably due to my minor scoliosis, but once I get moving it's fine. When I went to see Death Grips it was an hour of standing around as they played Fashion Week and their unreleased stuff and it killed my back, but as soon as they started playing and the moshing got underway my back felt great through the whole concert.
>>
>>62987540

i went to a kiss concert when i was a teenager and it was so loud it literally hurt my ears to the point of not being enjoyable. all the old deaf kiss fans were having a great time though.
>>
>>62989314

is gallows the one with the ratty little ginger haired "singer"?
>>
>>62989999
checked
>>
all memes aside you guys should definitely be careful and always wear earplugs, and NEVER take them off during the show, even if you just wanna check out how it sounds like without them because it can be even worse than not wearing any at all

I have a friend who went to too many metal gigs without protecting his ears and now he has a constant buzzing in his ears and it will pretty stay for the rest of his life. He told me sometimes he wants to kill himself because it can be really fucking awful, can't sleep, can't concentrate
>>
>>62990048
Frank Carter, yeah. Though he left some years back.

Also mine would be And So I Watch You From Afar. Ears were ringing constantly for 3 days straight, was genuinely terrified I'd given myself permanent tinnitus.

Would probably risk that for them again though, the shows they put on are phenomenal
>>
Swans

>DUDE DECIBELS LMAO

What a retarded, pretentious gimmick.
>>
>>62990116
>Frank Carter, yeah. Though he left some years back.

i saw them when they supported AFI in sydney a few years ago. they put on an ok show. he seemed to hate his own band and was talking shit about them on stage.
>>
>>62990142

hide yo daughters, hide yo wife, swans be raping everyone up in here!
>>
My Bloody Valentine, 90% of crowd had earplugs and I had none because I was unaware, stopped going to gigs as much after that need recommendations on good subtle (as possible) earplugs
>>
1st is merzbow, it was on a festival, but i still wanted to see if his work works live, despite not having earplugs.
i loved it but i just couldnt handle any more. when leaving i couldnt hear anyone talking for 2 hours.

2 is venetian snares where i did got earplugs but got molested by weird basslines

3d is melvins
>>
easily motorhead. my ears are still ringing 13 years later.
>>
>>62990198
>tfw I saw Merzbow with the drummer of Venetian Snares

I couldn't really hear for three days afterwards.
>>
Full of Hell, that shit fucked up one of my ears.
>>
mercury rev
>>
I always wear protection, but didn't at Wacken 2004. Nocturno Culto raped me in the ear.
>>
I went to some rave type thing in Poland. I have no idea who was playing but it was the loudest thing I've ever heard. I've been to metal shows, hip hop shows and lots of concerts in general but they didn't even touch this. The sound was making my teeth chatter and my ears were ringing for the next week.
>>
I was once dragged to a Swans' show with my old qt3.14. It's a hoot because I know 99% of your rape enablers would have to drag your skank to a swans show. It was the definition of meh
>>
>>62990213
>with the drummer of Venetian Snares
what
>>
Prob Dinosaur Jr or Earth
>>
>>62990200
This, they literally moved the venue I saw them back an inch from the foundations they were so fucking loud
>>
>>62988222
man, that sucks, nice trips tho
>>
>>62987540
Metal concert in a small crowded bar about a month ago, it was a local spanish band, not too bad
>>
Boris, or maybe Dragged Into Sunlight.

Got constant releatively mild ringing in my ears. desu I cringe when I look back at all the gigs I went to without earplugs
>>
>>62988222
This, Boris is far and away the loudest band I've seen
>>
Death Angel, Testament, Anthrax on the bill.
>>
Loud music sucks
>>
>>62991157
that doesn't even sound possible, what type of shithole were they playing in and why wasn't it already condemned
>>
>>62987540
Michael McDonald
https://youtu.be/aKcrGM_yWMI
>>
I saw slayer and their sound guy was fucking up for the whole first twos song and it got really loud and then quiet

I hope he got fired
>>
>>62987540

A concert by a band called slowjoint, something popped in my ear and a little blood came out.
>>
>>62993100
that's called an eardrum anon
>>
>>62988900
when i saw merzbow, there were a group of beanie wearing, doc marten hipsters that fucked off to the corner, everyone else looked like an average joe

very few women
>>
Excision.
>>
>>62993240
Is it honestly pleasant to be at a Merzbow show?
>>
>>62988599
i feel like these are the big three, the only concerts i've actually broken out the earplugs

didn't help for sunn, i was numb after the show
>>
>>62987636
Yes, except I get it in my feet. That's why you have to get to the front. You have a bar to lean on then. Although you will get crushed and have people sailing over your head every few minutes (that's if the venue isn't a pussy and banned surfing).
>>
>>62993202

That's what happened ? Wow
>>
Eagles of Death Metal. Saw them in Paris, shit was whack
>>
>>62993381
I actually feel kinda offended.
>>
>>62993381
aggressive keks
>>
>>62993381
I was there as well, the noise literally killed me
>>
>>62993423
>literally killed me
I can't believe I share this board with such an illiterate human being.
>>
Believe it or not ... Buckcherry.

Couldn't hear for 3 days.

And I've seen Iron Maiden live.
>>
Kasabian, whole arena was hopping and smelled of weed
>>
Ramleh.
And Kraftwerk were deceptively loud, didn't seem it at the time, but my ears were ringing for 12 hours.
>>
I think it might've been Thee Oh Sees, at FYF last year. They were even louder than TJAMC.
>>
>>62988759
Wear professional earplugs at all gigs.

>>62993579
>Kasabian
>loudest
what

>>62987540
Loudest was probably a small band called Warwolf playing one of their last shows, fantastic band but they turned the volume up to 11 for no reason. I left, was a small venue and the crowd was shit anyway.

I'm seeing A Place To Bury Strangers soon and they're known for having insanely loud shows. I'm kind of worried the plugs I use won't be effective enough.
>>
skinless, id like to see sunn though
>>
3) My buddy's semi known thrash band played a party at my house. They brought four Marshal stacks.

2) a festival at the local fairgrounds, my friend was working several miles away and could clearly hear which songs were playing. Don't know how I didn't get noticeable long term hearing damage from standing in front of the stacks

1) a Genesis P'Oriddge performance. Shit was beyond loud, to the point where it's just doesn't get any louder from your ear's perspective but you feel it resonating in different organs

Had my hearing tested a few years ago, it's got some mid range loss but considering my age, the amount of guns I've shot, the hours of proximity to heavy equipment and shit like those shows, my ears are fucking survivors, tell you what
>>
>>62987636
Yes. You probably have minor scoliosis like me. It's annoying when you can't enjoy the music because you can't take your mind off the pain.
>>
>>62993664
48:13 was just released and when bumblebeee was ons, shit was nuts

Club foot, fire, underdog and Vlad the impaler obviously since the crowd amplified every bit of each song so they played them twice which was nice.
On another note, Sergio seems like a cool dude
>>
>>62987636
same for me but I get that after five minutes and it gets unbearable pretty fast
so I basically have to mosh or find something to lean against
>>
I had hearing problems for 2 whole days after a Phantogram concert, of all bands. It was probably the crowd, they were insanely loud. Not even seeing a Led Zeppelin tribute band right in front without earplugs lasted that long. The Phantogram concert convinced me to buy earplugs and they've saved my hearing at several metal concerts.
>>
>>62993504
>not getting the reference
>>
Today I learned that you should bring ear plugs to live concerts. Interesting.
>>
Motorhead in a fucking ballroom. It was ridiculously loud.
>>
Skrillex, I was right in front of the subwoofer (I was working security didn't go for fun or anything)
>>
>>62987770

This.

>>62988244

I've been 50% percent deaf since I was five (29 now) so I don't see the point.
>>
Godspeed You! Black Emperor performing Asunder Sweet and Other Distress
>>
File: I fell.png (318 KB, 474x356) Image search: [Google]
I fell.png
318 KB, 474x356
>>62989382
>Staer
TFW I accidentally went on their website.
>>
>>62993664
>A Place To Bury Strangers
That was the first showbiz ever went to and I took off my plugs there for pretty much the whole time. Ringing lasted for a couple days I think.

Loudest show ive been to was probably melt-banana. I probably shouldn't have taken off my plugs there either. I have my phone hooked up to a bass amp at night to wake me up now.
>>
>>62996757
>showbiz
show*
>>
the U2 pop tour I have no idea why the sound was so loud I only went to see Lara Croft
>>
This band called Keep. I saw them in NY while visiting a friend, we went on impulse before listening to them or anything. Anyway, they turned out to be pretty freaking good, but also incredibly loud live. You wouldn't think so from their studio material, but it was intensely loud especially the guitar.
https://keepva.bandcamp.com/album/psychorama
>>
Melt-Banana was so loud i couldn't actually make out most of the music, but i went with my mom and she said when she was at MBV they were a whole lot louder
>>
File: 1456435512336.jpg (34 KB, 234x235) Image search: [Google]
1456435512336.jpg
34 KB, 234x235
>>62997223
>but i went with my mom
>>
The local drone musician who opened for GY!BE gave me tetanus
>>
>>62997282
doesn't your mom love you enough to go see music you both like together? i'm sorry to hear that
>>
>>62990093
Signal boost.
>>
>>62993504
this guy
>>
>>62997322
>tetanus

did he shiv you after the show?
>>
>>62997282
not this guy>>62997223
but i once went to a concert with my dad, and it's not as weird as you'd think it'd be
>>
>>62987540
Mogwai in a small club
>>
Teodoro Reyes.

Louder than Sunn O)))
>>
>>62988289
I'd sacrifice fluffy, bleating lambs for a chance to see Hell in Europe
>>
File: 204350901811430954T9ZcmsQ3c.jpg (28 KB, 553x824) Image search: [Google]
204350901811430954T9ZcmsQ3c.jpg
28 KB, 553x824
>>62997322
>ear tetanus
>>
>>62989860
I was up near the front at the PNC bank arts center and it was deafening
>>
>>62999234
It's a dope venue tbqh
>>
Underoath probably
I work live sound for shitty local events in the summer and I always wear earplugs now because people like it so damn loud
>>
Motherfucking Whirr in 2012
>>
>>62993381
meh
I would give a kek if I were high
>>
>>62987540
Gentemayor, a local noise rock band.
>>
>>62997322
i think you mean tinnitus
>>
Crowbar. It was so loud I could only feel it. Ears were ringing for the better part of a day and I probably have permanent damage but it was a brass show.
>>
>>63000287
Badass, not brass.
>>
>>62987636
This only happens at concerts for me. Not even at jobs I've had where I had to stand for 6 hours. Those 1 hour outdoor concerts kill me though.
>>
I know I sound a fag but I go to alot of concerts and acdc are defiantly the loudest band i've heard, on another note the band ive seen with the most offensive lighting was nin, me and a friend came out with the most bloodshot eyes, half the time you couldnt even see the band for how bright it was
>>
Enter Shikari on their last tour. It was so bassy my rectum trembled with every donk.
>>
>>63000328

I kind of want to go to a brass show that bursts eardrums. Like, brass punk or something.

Actually, that sounds kinda cool. Who wants to make a band?
>>
>>63000551
I think a ton of stooges-inspired noise rock bands have saxophonists, could be wrong though
>>
Excision at the Tabernacle in Atlanta, GA. He blew the power.
>>
>>62988987
maybe he was memeing.
>>
>>63001239
Jazz Hijokaidan is good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWUAGWN_U-c
>>
For those with tinnitus, read this:
https://www.reddit .com/r/WTF/comments/3l3uri/these_guys_lighting_a_mortar_shell_in_their_garage/cv3474n

Yes, reddit I know but it is helpful
>>
>>63000551
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1LtjVWJ4zs
>>
>>63001308
>he blew the power
Fuck me boyo that sounds rad as hell
>>
>>63001544
Their first album is sick af
>>
>>63000509
ES is amazing live dude, props to you. I only saw them at Warped Tour 2014, but hopefully their new album changes that
Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.