[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many albums from the top 100 highest rated albums in RYM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: 1435507938611.jpg (12 KB, 284x284) Image search: [Google]
1435507938611.jpg
12 KB, 284x284
How many albums from the top 100 highest rated albums in RYM did you never hear? answer honestly

http://rateyourmusic.com/customchart
>>
About half of them
>>
>>
I dont think I've ever heard anything by arcade fire
>>
i still don't understand why wish you were here is rated so high
>>
For me, i never heard 15 albums from that list, i think. there are some albums i'm not 100% sure if i heard years ago and forgot about, that's why i said "I think"

>>62985839
Because it's a timeless classic
>>
>check the list
>90% dad rock with the occasional p4kcore or jazz album
>pretty much exclusively american and british

does the rym userbase consist of only 50 year old white guys or something?
>>
>>62985941
I think it should be obvious that the list of the most highly rated albums in average, are going to be established classics.

also i don't like the term "dad rock".

Oh, and it's not exclusively from the US and UK - i see albums from Canada, Germany and Iceland in there too
>>
>>62985941
>established classics
;) i bet you think andy warhol and pollock are established classics of the art world
>>
52 anon
>>
I have never heard:
Wu-Tang
FA∞
Portishead - Dummy
Talk Talk - Laughing Stock
Slayer - Reign in Blood
>>

Honestly I'm surprised I've heard that many
>>
>>
>>62985722
who the fuck cares about RYM? faggot
>>
>>62986768
>never heard f#a# and laughing stock
Do yourself a favor and listen to them right now, you won't regret it
>>
around 72
>>
>>62986059
Kek
>>
>>62986768
check out reign in blood
it's the best thrash record ever made and it's a pretty short record too (less than half an hour)
>>
probably less than 10

I've never listened to Neil Young, The Cure, or The Rolling Stones and I'm pretty sure each have multiple in the top 100
>>

all rock albums (stones, some dylan, kinks, some of the hendrix stuff, some of the zepplin stuff)
>>
i've heard everything in the top 200 except for that creedence clearwater revival album and jethro tull
>>
>>62985722
I've only listened to nine of those albums.
>sheeit.
>>
I never cared to listen the Rolling Stones, Neil Young and a lot of other classics of rock.
Rock has been already fully explored, listening to them today is like watching Dreyer instead of Wes Anderson. Useful just for nostalgic people and music phylologists.
>>
everything xcept for Nick Drake.
>>
23 not listened
>>
>>62987705
lol
>>
>843: Ocarina of Time soundtrack
Huh. Did not expect that. It is a good soundtrack though.
>>
>>62987719
check him out then
>>
>>62985722
>>
>>62987556
the cure only has 1 in the top 100, but yeah neil young and the rolling stones have a lot.
>>
like half of them were Beatles and Neil Young
>>
>>62987719
You are missing the fuck out

>>62987799
So true. It's the platonic ideal of music in video games.
>>
>>62987903
It's also one of the few games (that is not a rhythm game) where playing music yourself is actually a core gameplay element.
>>
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.