[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /mu/ think of Gorillaz?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: Gorillaz_Demon_Days.png (40 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Gorillaz_Demon_Days.png
40 KB, 300x300
what does /mu/ think of Gorillaz?
>>
>>62965559

Demon Dayz is a masterpiece of blending good music that isn't afraid to blend different ideas with accessibility to general audiences.

It's the only album that is exceptionally good though, I don't like the other albums.

Also another thing is Demon Dayz has most incredible studio mixing and engineering I have heard besides Queen's Sheer Heart Attack and Alan Parson's Project.
>>
They're aite. Pretty much the band I think of when I think 2004
>>
>>62965559
>Gorillaz
8,5/10
>G-Sides
8,5/10
>Demon Days
7/10
>D-Sides
8/10
>The Fall
1/10
>Plastic Beach
3/10

I still don't get why demon days is considered their best album.
>>
Love demon days and think about half of plastic beach is great. Gorillaz also has some great tracks but most are quite forgettable. Cannot wait for the new album to drop, hope we'll get a tour out of it too.
>>
>>62966118
>the fall was created on an iPad
>>
>>62965559
Guy from a already pretty shit band makes new band
Look like fag lords
Animated like edgy fag lords
Make fag music
Only good song is only because of James and Andre
>>
slavery should still be legal
>>
>>62965559
Gorillaz > Demon Days > Plastic Beach
Don't care about the rest
>>
>>62967284
Full version of DoYaThing >>>>> everything else they've ever done
>>
>>62965559
Gorillaz: 3/5
Demon Days: 2/5
Plastic Beach: 2.5/5
>>
I listened to them in high school. However I have nothing bad to say about them. There's really nothing bad about the Gorillaz.
>>
>le DoYaThing full verision amirite guys??

I like them, they make very diverse and unique music while keeping it (for the most part) accessible pop.

Self Titled > Demon Days > Plastic Beach, for me, but they are all pretty damn good.
>>
>>62967251
Yeah ik, still a joke.
>>
>>62966118
Gorillaz, G-Sides, Demon Days and D-Sides are elite

The other two I could take or leave.
>>
there pretty good
>>
File: Phase 4.png (3 MB, 2018x792) Image search: [Google]
Phase 4.png
3 MB, 2018x792
Waiting patiently for more news on next album
>>
>god tier

Plastic Beach, D-sides

>high tier

Demon Days, Gorillaz, G-sides

>good tier

The Fall

Damon pls
>>
I dig 'em.
>>
Their new album is one of few that I'm genuinely excited about. I feel like Gorillaz, the concept, is really great. It's like a creative channel without boundaries nor expectations, which I think is quite liberating and fitting for someone like Damon.

Plastic Beach > Gorillaz = Demon Days >>> the rest.

Jamie Hewlett is a great artist as well, although the characters of Gorillaz, especially Murdoc, are kind of bland.
>>
>>62966118
Uh, The Fall is a 6/ and Plastic Beach is a 7. This is coming from someone who generally isn't a fan of Gorillaz.
>>
>>62967284
>>62967350
nice samefag Noel
>>
>>62967350
>>62967284
>I'M THE SHIT
>I'M THE SHIT

>Full length do ya thing is the best song they've eber done :D

God this board has shit opinions, listen to spitting out the demons or something
>>
File: 1314458709046.jpg (79 KB, 385x383) Image search: [Google]
1314458709046.jpg
79 KB, 385x383
>>62966118
>G-Sides better than Demon Days or Plastic Beach or hell even the Fall
>>
I hated them at first, thought they were boring (I only tried to listen to them because of that oh-so-90s cartoon punkime aesthetic).

But then, something in me wanted to listen again, so I did.

And then it clicked, and now they're my all time favorite music group. Their sweet, melancholic joy is music to my soul.
>>
Let's see.
Gorillaz S/T: 6.5
Demon Days: 7.5
Plastic Beach: 8
The Fall: madeonanipad/10
I really like all of their albums, Damon did a good job on all of them desu. Really excited for the new album.
>>
I'm really worried about the new album.
If they couldn't get the fucking budget to actually ever animate Rhinestone Eyes, what makes you think they'll have the budget to animate an entire new album? Let alone the budget for quality recording equipment this time around.

God, Rhinestone Eyes still fucking hurts so bad. It'd easily be the best Gorillaz video if it actually got made someday.
>>
>>62972142
this jesus christ, that rhinestone eyes video would have been the GOAT
i'm not really worried about the album though, I trust Damon
>>
They're great. Shame Blur is terrible though.
>>
>>62965559
>Gorillaz
10/10
>Demon Dayz
10/10
>Rest
?/10
>>
They are good, but DoYaThing is their best song

>>62965603
>Demon Dayz is a masterpiece of blending good music that isn't afraid to blend different ideas with accessibility to general audiences.
lol

>>62967350
This

>>62969945
>can't get into experimental hip hop mixed with krutrock and noise rock
you plen
>>
good memories associated with this band, music is still top-notch pop, but honestly, not as gripping as it was back when i first heard it
doyathing is legitimately the best thing the project has ever made though, i'd be excited if the new album went in that direction

>>62972142
>>62972192
damon said they wouldn't be able to afford a lot of animation for the new phase
>>
One of my gateway bands out of plebness
>>
>>62972343
this so much
gorillaz is pretty much the dadrock killer, it got me into so much shit i'm really thankful to damon
>>
The self titled is truly great. Demon Days is ok. The rest is mediocre or utter bullshit.
>>
>>62972368
T b h, i can't think of another better band to get out of pleb town w/o browsing /mu/
>>
>>62965603
>Demon Dayz
STOP
>>
>>62968091
>plastic beach god tier
>self titled high tier
???
>>
>>62972343
same here
>>
File: everything looks the same.gif (982 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
everything looks the same.gif
982 KB, 300x225
>>62972323
>damon said they wouldn't be able to afford a lot of animation for the new phase
What the fuck is even the point anymore fampai
>>
File: 1455821640985.jpg (652 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1455821640985.jpg
652 KB, 2048x1536
>>62972323
>damon said they wouldn't be able to afford a lot of animation for the new phase
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.