[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
John Frusciante thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
I'm a big fan of his work and he is rarely mentioned on /mu/. What do you think of the guy? Disscuss, share, discover.
>>
File: cover.jpg (83 KB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
83 KB, 500x390
his project Ataxia is also amazing and no one ever mentioned it on here. Listen to this amazing shit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGG68iqGUVM
>>
>>62950045
Joe Lally of Fugazi and Josh Klinghoffer of Dot Hacker and RHCP + Frusciante = ataxia
>>
Gom fruitschaaltje
Gos klinkloffe
Yo lalle
>>
>>62950080
Meesa prefers ecunt albunm
>>
>>62950483
Klinkloffe :D
>>
Very good music,very creative,but sometimes I cant stand his voice.Only sometimes luckily
>>
>>62950553
both are really amazing and unique.
>>
>>62950600
Examples? I think I can agree
>>
>>62950610
Of course. I'm just a hippiefolk, squaere.
>>
Everything between Shadows Collide with People and The Empyrean is gold, everything else is pretty meh.
>>
>>62950693
I think kinda' 'Everyone' likes 'montreal', cuz it's the 'gayest' song or sth. The one w 'saw . You walking back from a nightmare'. Put on first album late at night, is best ways. All frusciante is kinda lounge yo ass shit.
>>
>>62950765
Boooo
>>
>>62950765
his first two albums are unique masterpieces unlike anything before or after. Stream of consciousness poetry screamed and sung in weird high pitched voice, accompanied with haunting guitars and pianos.
>>
File: FIRE.jpg (53 KB, 511x400) Image search: [Google]
FIRE.jpg
53 KB, 511x400
recomend me some of his good albums pls
>>
I loved the most experimental, 'outsides'. An he's going in That direction. But john always does wev i like. He's my rensingfu. I'm his helsingdu. Joshjeg is draculchoco. Huhm. Whenever they play together=god on earth. As long as they le music, i'm happy as shit w otherpplmusic. Huhmn i'm an amazingly fantoy of 'smile from the street'. But i just like disgusting, or 'dingycamp', 'johnwatersy'_ shit. N the album they did w the that bleufoto of the boy. Trowftd, scwp, curtains, empyrean, enclosure,,, this last internetrelease is insane n best. But at that point "it's for those who like it", as 'HE' himself said. It's definitely in the experimentalist_slot as of now. Proud he pulled it fully finally <pets rensing>....
>>
>>62951361
One Hot Minute
>>
>>62951361
If u can n handle somewhay onslaught. 'Enclosure'
>>
I could never get passed his voice which I found prohibitively scratchy and annoying, but my god, Ramparts is just perfect in every way.
>>
>>62951572
Voice is getting there. Now he sounds like acceptabley n cheesey postgrunge#jfshillout
>>
anyone got a DL for the album in the OP, the mega link in the archive is dead.
>>
>>62951639
He should re-record his old material with his new and improved voice, he sounded like a hobo on all his good albums
>>
I'm kinda hoping John someday returns to the stage even though he said he's not a performer anymore
>>
>>62951680
Don't you bully flowerboy! !
>>
>>62951452
Is that you John
>>
>>62951730
It's rupaul, yes
>>
>>62951661
https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/4482863/John_Frusciante_-_complete_solo_discography___4_live_shows
>>
File: i must brake u.jpg (7 KB, 265x190) Image search: [Google]
i must brake u.jpg
7 KB, 265x190
>>62951680
>>62951639
have I missed something? can the human voice actualy improve with practice or something?
>>
>>62951806
Practise and training, yeah. John Mayer is a notable example of an artist whose voice has improved over time.
>>
>>62951806
Gouvayajùneanies
>>
All I know of JF's solo career is his god-tier beegees cover
>>
>>62951851
why did axl rose for example lose his voice if practice makes it better?
>>
>>62951806
Pavarotti was actual lady gaga, cumrat
>>
>>62951937
They sing 'on the throat', not 'on the midrif'. Their trachea and vocchords suffer, luke.
>>
>>62951937
You have to actively train to move your voice away from the back of your throat down to your diaphragm or whatever, with exercises and tuition from singing teachers. Axl Rose probably just wore his out by battering his vocal chords for years and drinking whiskey instead of soothing herbal tea.
>>
>>62952048
It's just that you're not disrupting your fundamental breathing. What i was taught was a technique where you are brought to inhale extremely rapidly. So you're 'always on the top of that balloon'-kindakuniyoga.
>>
>>62952243
got ya, that makes sense. my pet peeve is when you can hear that rapid breathing on the mic
>>
>>62951680
The vocals are what make the first two solo albums really, they're bad in the best way and work with the music
>>
>>62952327
it's good that you feel that way, i always found it hard to enjoy so I gave up trying after a while
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.